• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: MOTS
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 01:06:42 am »
I know I'm mostly tardy to the party but I would still like to give my thoughts / opinions on the whole MOTS situation..
While having such an honor to be considered MOTS and be recognized by a community of members who's helping keep this place going, shouldn't the feeling of accomplishment and drive go past just a title?
Yes, you're wanting to be recognized and known and yes, you would like to be rewarded for your efforts and all but you should enjoy helping without even caring about what comes out of it.
I know it's easier said than done and not everyone has this sort of mind complex but even in life, you can be doing something that you enjoy and you may not even be rewarded for it... EVER. You should enjoy the feeling that you're being a part of something and just helping out in the end. . Doing something that you genuinely love for the sake of enjoyment and something that motivates and keeps you going everyday.
I won't lie, I don't mind being MOTS but I'm not doing it for a title, I'm doing it because I want to learn, I want to help and I want to give back to the community. Even during nominations, I'm surprised that my name would even get listed... at all. Genuinely serious too.

When I see members being represented for the season, I applaud them. If I see their names placed again or if they get re-elected for it, once again I applaud them. They're mostly doing something that they enjoy doing. Helping to give back and whatnot. So whether a member gets re-elected / chosen again, don't let it discourage you. We all start off somewhere. We all may not be known to community but efforts and talents here DON'T go unnoticed. Someone is ALWAYS watching you, admiring what you do. You yourself could be a role model and an inspiration for someone that wants to help out but doesn't know how as well.

TL;DR >> Whatever happens with the future of the MOTS and how members get re-elected and chosen, I hope more users sees others as motivators. And maybe with effort and time we'll be able to point out more members who should be praised for works. So good luck ~

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 01:09:28 am »
I know I'm mostly tardy to the party but I would still like to give my thoughts / opinions on the whole MOTS situation..
While having such an honor to be considered MOTS and be recognized by a community of members who's helping keep this place going, shouldn't the feeling of accomplishment and drive go past just a title?
Yes, you're wanting to be recognized and known and yes, you would like to be rewarded for your efforts and all but you should enjoy helping without even caring about what comes out of it.
I know it's easier said than done and not everyone has this sort of mind complex but even in life, you can be doing something that you enjoy and you may not even be rewarded for it... EVER. You should enjoy the feeling that you're being a part of something and just helping out in the end. . Doing something that you genuinely love for the sake of enjoyment and something that motivates and keeps you going everyday.

I won't lie, I don't mind being MOTS but I'm not doing it for a title, I'm doing it because I want to learn, I want to help and I want to give back to the community. Even during nominations, I'm surprised that my name would even get listed... at all. Genuinely serious too.

When I see members being represented for the season, I applaud them. If I see their names placed again or if they get re-elected for it, once again I applaud them. They're mostly doing something that they enjoy doing. Helping to give back and whatnot. So whether a member gets re-elected / chosen again, don't let it discourage you. We all start off somewhere. We all may not be known to community but efforts and talents here DON'T go unnoticed. Someone is ALWAYS watching you, admiring what you do. You yourself could be a role model and an inspiration for someone that wants to help out but doesn't know how as well.

TL;DR >> Whatever happens with the future of the MOTS and how members get re-elected and chosen, I hope more users sees others as motivators. And maybe with effort and time we'll be able to point out more members who should be praised for works. So good luck ~

Ahhh Hakumi, glad to see your opinion on the whole thing. Very well said and I agree very much with your post!
artwork by dehvina

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 01:16:01 am »

Ahhh Hakumi, glad to see your opinion on the whole thing. Very well said and I agree very much with your post!

Ah thank you ~!
I enjoyed seeing and reading what others have felt about the situation, especially the old members who were once MOTS before.
Hopefully more won't be shy to say how they feel <3

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 02:42:42 am »

I will have to disagree. The point of MOTS is to be recognize and have your name on the Hall Of Fame. Regardless if they left and returned, there no need to be nominated.

Will start with this bit.

As Panny said, the implementation of Raz's MOTS proposal is going to change things. No longer will MOTS be just to recognize helpful fluffs around the community, but also as a way of voting in people you believe can accurately represent the community in having and communicating with the staff team. This being said, if someone does an excellent job in voicing the community's opinions to the staff and works well to bring the community's concerns up, wouldn't it be nice to have them in that position again?
Thus, MOTS after this point isn't just going to be a fancy title. It's going to come with responsibilities this time.

I believe that the current wait time of not being voted in the season after is the perfect time amount. A season is a few months long, not just one It allows plenty of opportunities for new people to step forward around here and show that they can be trusted with MOTS as well. If just one season proves to not be long enough, then I suppose two seasons would be a fair enough time span before being eligible to be voted in again. Any longer than that seems too long.

Now, onto the issue of MOTS being a one-time thing.

If you look into the Hall of Fame thread, there aren't very many repeat names already, as previously mentioned. Even so, the forum community is bit more limited than it used to be. Crossing out names for possible MOTS nominees is going to shrink the list more and more until eventually, there's not many people left to vote in. And again, seeing as MOTS have new responsibilities, it's good to know that you can vote someone in who proven themselves to speak the mind of the community to the staff perfectly, rather than never have the chance to have them represent you again. Just a thought to keep in mind, yis.

As harsh as it may sound, not everyone is going to be given the chance to receive the title of MOTS, even if a new filtering system was put in place for previous MOTS winners. MOTS winners are chosen by the community for how helpful, friendly, etc, they have been. So techinically speaking, no matter how often the eligible users are rotated, the winners are still going to be the fluffs who do the most around here, and are thus the most popular choice. Community favorites, if you will. Not because anything is 'rigged', but just because these individuals do more than anyone else to help out.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Rhakorra

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 09:19:56 am »
Personally, I believe that an user should be eligible to become MOTS only once every two seasons.

For example: If someone was a Spring MOTS, they can't patricipate in the next two seasons, meaning that they can only have the chance to become a Winter MOTS (again).

Very much agree!

I like this too.