Author Topic: MOTS  (Read 7379 times)

Rhakorra

Re: MOTS
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 04:41:50 am »
I don't necessarily 100% agree as some MOTS will go away for some time and return and I think if they're still helping out the community, they deserve the opportunity to be a MOTS once again.

I will have to disagree. The point of MOTS is to be recognize and have your name on the Hall Of Fame. Regardless if they left and returned, there no need to be nominated.

wolfdog01

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 04:44:15 am »
I think with the huge community we used to have it was a bit unfair. But seeing as how FH has shrunk in members so much it might be a bit harder. But still worth a shot and I agree MOTS should be a one time thing!

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 04:48:10 am »
I think it should at least be updated to a limit of once a year/once every four seasons instead of just every other season. It'd prevent that cycle of the same people getting MOTS every other season and would allow fresh blood, but I do think it'd be fine for people to be renominated once in a while. FH doesn't have that big of a community, especially on the forum, so I think allowing duplicate MOTS wouldn't cause too much harm.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 04:51:51 am »
I think it should at least be updated to a limit of once a year/once every four seasons instead of just every other season. It'd prevent that cycle of the same people getting MOTS every other season and would allow fresh blood, but I do think it'd be fine for people to be renominated once in a while. FH doesn't have that big of a community, especially on the forum, so I think allowing duplicate MOTS wouldn't cause too much harm.
Yes, this wouldn't be as bad, but taking away the previous MOTS chance to be MOTS ever again, at all? That's like throwing meat in a dogs face and them starting the meal and you ripping it away. They definitely deserve to have the chance to be MOTS after so long. Maybe not so close together, but at least a chance to earn the title again is a good feeling when you're being a helpful member to the community.

I don't necessarily 100% agree as some MOTS will go away for some time and return and I think if they're still helping out the community, they deserve the opportunity to be a MOTS once again.

I will have to disagree. The point of MOTS is to be recognize and have your name on the Hall Of Fame. Regardless if they left and returned, there no need to be nominated.

I'm sorry but personally it'd be unfair if you're being constantly active and helpful, say you're constantly on and jumping on things to help, and a member who's posted maybe a couple times to help in the past week gets MOTS. Sorry but it'd be just a meh, hurtful in a way. It's not taking anything away from members as, the community decides who becomes MOTS. Therefore, everyone still has a chance to be nominated and voted for.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:57:56 am by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 05:03:25 am »
I don't mean to come off harsh or stern in anyway as well, I just feel everyone as a whole, deserves a chance at being a MOTS. Claiming just because someone was before, say, way back in 2013, they cannot have a chance at it anymore? That would suck and be ripping things away from specific members. Sure, I do believe previous MOTS should have a good period of time before getting the chance to be nominated again to make it more fair to other members. But taking it away as a whole. I disagree big time.
artwork by dehvina

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 05:07:31 am »
Yes, this wouldn't be as bad, but taking away the previous MOTS chance to be MOTS ever again, at all? That's like throwing meat in a dogs face and them starting the meal and you ripping it away. They definitely deserve to have the chance to be MOTS after so long. Maybe not so close together, but at least a chance to earn the title again is a good feeling when you're being a helpful member to the community.
I might just be misunderstanding your reply, but I think in my post I pretty much said exactly what you're trying to say. I was saying MOTS should have the opportunity to be re-elected, just not within as short of a timespan.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 05:08:20 am »
Well, the only reason so many people got nominated again is because there just aren't enough people on the forums helping out to be nominated. We get the forums active, new people becoming MOTS every season will be more frequent.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 05:12:17 am »
I might just be misunderstanding your reply, but I think in my post I pretty much said exactly what you're trying to say. I was saying MOTS should have the opportunity to be re-elected, just not within as short of a timespan.
Yeah I explained that a bit weird I was dealing with something IRL, I was basically trying to agree with your comment. Oof. Sorrry about that. Where I said "not getting a chance to be it at all?" was me just throwing in a point is all, not directed at you, love! <3

Well, the only reason so many people got nominated again is because there just aren't enough people on the forums helping out to be nominated. We get the forums active, new people becoming MOTS every season will be more frequent.
Yes, another point I was trying to get at, not many members are using the forum or helping the community as much as others who usually end up getting MOTS.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:14:09 am by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 05:36:39 am »
i actually mentioned something like this in an older thread

Tbh it seems like the same people get MOTS over and over again without anyone new coming to the table.
I know this community is small and the active member population on the forum is much smaller but this comes of as clique-y.
I think there should be a rule in which someone who's nominated MOTS once doesn't get it for another year. This allows for new people to fill in.

it is unfair that people will vote for the same 5 or so people, but that's the price you get for a mostly inactive forum. keep in mind that a MOTS role is a privilege and not a right of any sort.
i still think that there should be a larger limit such as a year like i what's in the quote. it will give more people a chance. i also think that there should be a profile badge specifying the year you won it, if possible.

Offline Tambourine

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Better known as Tamboob. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 05:46:08 am »
In my personal opinion, people should be allowed to be re-elected. I find it perfectly fair! There are a lot of people who come and go, and if someone from the past has come back, and they work hard and deserve to get MOTS again, then so be it.

Now, I thought of perhaps limiting them from winning it more than once in one year, but I went to look to see if there was any repeating of names. If we look at the previous MOTS in the hall of fame, there has not been a year we've had the same person get a MOTS twice in one year since 2014! It would be a redundant rule.

Are there people who show up between different years? Yes, and in my opinion, they deserve that if they have stuck around this game for that long and have made a continuous effort to be a helpful member of this community. That is dedication that should be awarded, and that goes beyond being listed in a Hall of Fame. If they can manage to get nominated and win more than once in a fair manner, that says something about them.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:57:35 am by Tambourine »
Icon by AkumiIrako on dA <3