Author Topic: tips on how to start a new group  (Read 1732 times)

Offline lycansheir

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • PrinceOfTheWolves
    • lycansheir
    • View Profile
tips on how to start a new group
« on: December 24, 2019, 07:18:10 am »
hello I was wondering if I can have tips on how to make an rpg
This is Mystical Lycanson singing off.

SpicyDirt

Re: tips on how to start a new group
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 05:10:54 pm »
Hey there! There is quite a lot that goes into making a new group. I might have a few tips for you!

1. Make sure that you are active. It is very important for the leader of a group to remain active. Doing so will result in more of your members staying active!
2. If needed, make sure that you decide on a recruiter account sooner rather than later. If you have staff members/multiple leaders it can be important to have a recruiter account. It makes it very hard to add the recruiter later as you will have to disband the group and reinvite everyone - and that can be quite difficult.
3. Make a Discord for the group. This is a great way for everyone to keep in touch and it is also a great way to build up your community. If you'd like some ideas for a Discord server, just shoot over a PM and I can help you with that!
4. Have a plan. If you have a group that you know that you would like a plot in, make sure that you have that planned out so you can answer any questions that may arise.
5. Don't give up! Starting a group can be very difficult, and at some times it may seem like it is a lost cause or pointless, but whatever you do, do not give up! More people will join and the group will thrive as long as you keep on trying with it!
6. Advertise! Whether it be on the forums (I have a group advertised in my signature on the forums) or in The Grounds, you want to make sure that you advertise it so people know what your group is about!
7, Have fun with it! It is important for you to have fun also! Whether that means some funny roleplays, movie nights, or anything, you want to make sure that you do not get stressed out and give yourself the well-deserved breaks!

I think that is all I have for now! I can answer any questions that you may have since I have run many groups in the years that I have been on the game. I do hope that your group thrives and that you have fun with it! I hope that this helps!

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 06:28:52 pm »
It’s not recommended to make a recruiter account, quoting an admin here:
Morgra has given a a good solution to the matter.
I do agree with Morgra, and do not recommend making a recruiter account.
Especially if it is going to be shared with other users, as you'd be connected through IP. We cannot take responsibility for any bans if your user gets banned through arn alias connected to your account.
All the other tips are good though :)
doing what i feel like

LegendaryGrace

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:32:37 pm »
SpicyDirt pretty much nailed it, so I'm not going to waste your time with the same material. However, I did want to throw an exaggeration on number one and five. If you do not have one and five, forget the rest.

As a leader, you're in control and you set an example for the group. If you truly want the group to live and thrive, you have to be active. You need to show you care and have a definite dedication to the group. If members feel like you are not committed, it'll rub right off on them and you'll most likely lose majority interest in your group.

Stick with it. Times are going to be tough, especially as a leader in your group. But if you're truly passionate about the group and want it to succeed, you'll find a way to make it work. I'm telling you from personal experience that running a group is not easy, it is very demanding, and you're going to be pushed to your limits. Don't let it discourage you, just keep going. I've gone through a lot with my group, I've been up high and down low. There was times I wondered if it was even worth it and you're probably going to go through the same thing at one point, but do not give up.

Lastly, I'd like to be frank with you. Take your time when deciding whether you want to start a group. Ask yourself questions. Why do I want to start a group? Am I capable of running a group? What are my goals for the group? Do I have the time to run a group? If you can answer questions like those and you still think you want to run a group, I say go for it.