Author Topic: New Names for Forum Ranks?  (Read 5865 times)

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: New Names for Forum Ranks?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 10:42:20 am »
I do like the current ones and am not fussed if they're changed, but here's a few I came up with:

Novice/Newbie
Neophyte                                       
Commoner             
Involved Member
Devoted Member                       
Elite Member
Luminary Member                 
Legendary Member       
Master Member       
Divine Member

Love everyone else's, so creative!~

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 10:14:19 pm »
Old forum ranks:

Experienced Member       
Dedicated Member         
Elder Member                 
Elite Member                 
Legendary Member 

Alrighty old old forum ranks were changed after community suggestions were given on the forum discussion boards, anonymous forum polls, Tumblr, & Instagram. After going through a couple different community suggestions a number of suggestions stuck out and seemed to fit best. The goal was to keep ranks fun, Feral Heart related, fresh, and more unique than the original generic rank names we’ve kept for years.

Newer ranks that were partly liked but needed improvements:

Forum Newcomer
Small Paws
Grounds Dweller
Familiar Fur
Friend of Ferals
Grey Pelt
Finest Floof
Community Champion
Silver Pelt
Heart of a Feral
Lasting Legacy

While a number of users liked these new ranks and saw them as a refreshing friendlier less competitive ranking system a handful expressed otherwise. The Elder members rank in particular was missed. Some expressed that the newer ranks didn’t have a progressive feeling to them either. Suggestions were made to switch the order of certain ranks and remove or reword others. After careful consideration we reworked the new rank names around again. We hope these are more to your liking! We’re grateful for your feedback throughout the process and good humor with the temporary Elderly rank system as we sorted it out:

Forum newcomer
Curious Wanderer
Familiar Grounds Dweller
Experienced Traveler
Dedicated Supporter
Finest Floof
Pack & Pride Representative
Community Champion
Elder Grey Pelt
Ancient Silver Mane
Honored Hero
Immortal Legend

Forum Newcomer: So veteran players of the game who join the forum don’t have the generalized Newbie rank.

Curious Wander: Incorporates the “Wanderer” title (Batch Four) and concept suggested by Bawfle in her post here as well as other community member variation suggestions of the rank.

Familiar Grounds Dweller: Influenced by community poll & Torskite’s suggestion to incorporate some map specific ranks.

Experienced Traveler: Incorporates the “traveler” title (Batch Four) and concept suggested by Bawfle in her post here as well as old rank name “Experienced Member”.

Dedicated Supporter: Refreshed community poll suggestion for old “Dedicated Member” rank.

Finest Floof: Torskite, Esarosa, A.P.S, & other frequently requested community suggestion to add “Floof” themed ranks.

Pack & Pride Representative: A mix of A.P.S & community suggestions for “lion/pride wolf/pack themed” ranks as well as Bawfle rank name suggestion for “representative” (Batch Four)

Community Champion: community poll suggestion.

Elder Grey Pelt & Ancient Silver Mane:
We know you guys missed your elders ranks ;) (looking at you WolfDog01 & Birdie. Originally the plan was for the elder themed ranks to automatically go back to you guys but due to Forum Games posts recently bumping up a number of people’s posts counts and a few other changes & additional ranks some of you elders have returned to youth <\3 I’m sorry) Lucius gave the nice suggestion to differentiate both a bit with the “mane” instead of Pelt for both.

Honored Hero: A mix of community poll suggestion & old rank title “Hero Member”.

Immortal Legend: A mix of community poll suggestion & old rank title “Legendary Member”

I’m sorry if I left any names out but thank you all for your wonderful suggestions for the ranks.

If you guys want to continue leaving feedback for the forum feel free to check out our anonymous forum poll! :

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66915.0

RIP Elderly Rank System <\3 We’ll miss all you boomers. Gone but not forgotten lol.

Whippersnapper
Denture User
Arthritis
Bingo All Nighter
Mmm Metamucil
Poligrip that Prune Juice
Get Off My Lawn
Ok Boomer
Fallen & Can’t Get Up
I can’t Remember
Tombstones & Dust

SpicyDirt

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 10:33:06 pm »
Thank you for the explanation of the ranks. c: It'll be sad to see the goofball ranks go away, but this is another step forward!

wolfdog01

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 11:42:30 pm »
I like the final ranks a lot better than the other ones, it's a good mix. I will miss my Boomer rank, but all good things must end lol

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 12:13:54 am »
Haha! very sad to see those funny ranks go </3 but I really like the new ones and like wolfdog said every good thing has an end. :DD

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 01:12:11 am »
Absolutely love the new ranks, very creative and fitting! Thank you for the info, Sura! The old funny rank names will be remembered.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 01:35:03 am »
Thank you for the tweaking and explanation! I'm liking these ranks a lot more, I can understand the progression more easily. Are the number of posts for the respective ranks still the same as before?

And Immortal Legend is a pretty epic last rank.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 05:50:13 am »
Liking these newer ranks. :)

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 03:40:59 pm »
Thank you all for the help and suggestions with it <3 I’m happy you guys are happier with this version!

Are the number of posts for the respective ranks still the same as before?

Yup, for the most part they should still be the same. :) I’ll have to list the number of posts per rank when I get a chance. 0-25-50-100-200-500-1000- 1500- then jumps from 500 posts to 1000 points between the later ranks.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 03:43:16 pm »
RIP elderly ranks. It was their time...

Very glad you enjoy these ranks guys!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort