Author Topic: I made a walk sound but it won't play  (Read 935 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
I made a walk sound but it won't play
« on: March 06, 2019, 02:24:14 pm »
I put an MP3 file I created(Played it on a keyboard) into FeralHeart's sound folder, and it is named walk_grass, but there isn't any sound where that new file should play(When I walk it's silent), it didn't break the normal walk sound though. This is not a very urgent issue at all, as I play FH with sounds off most of the time.
What could be causing a sound file to not work?

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

SpicyDirt

Re: I made a walk sound but it won't play
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:00:59 pm »
Hello!

Have you replaced the walking sound completely? If you do have the original sound file in there then it with contradict each other. Also, make sure that you do keep a backup of the original just in case. :-)

Also, if you click it on your computer through the files (FeralHeart>Media>Sounds) does it still play? There could be an issue with the conversion from keyboard to computer to proper sound file for FH. It should be a .wav and not a .mp3 or .mp4.

I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:32:05 pm by SpicyDirt »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:28:19 pm »
Other than what Spicy already said, I wonder if the sound length has anything to do with it. When I open up walk_grass, I noticed that the sound is only roughly a second long. How long is the sound you tried adding?

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 06:38:50 am »
I haven't looked, but I believe your audio must be in mono (one channel only). This is a requirement for spatialized audio (playing sounds in a 3D environment).