Author Topic: How to use Sky Maker (Text Tutorial - Pics are broken)  (Read 18791 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
How to use Sky Maker (Text Tutorial - Pics are broken)
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:05:07 am »
Okay first of all you need to open up Feralheart's Sky Maker.

Firstly don't worry it doesn't change the normal Feralheart sky you see in the default maps. It's only to change the sky in custom made maps. When you click Dawn (Top) the dawn sky will appear, the little scroll things under the list of skies I like to call "The colour changer" Play around with the scrolls and the top half of the "Dawn" sky will change its colour. Go onto the next one and then you can change the bottom half of the "Dawn"sky. You can do this to all of the skies until your happy with all of them. You can also change the colour of the moon, sun, clouds and the light.

If you want to see your sky change from dawn to night you click the "Start Test" button and the sky will change to dawn, noon, dusk, night then back again. To save it, type in the name and click "Save". If you want to share your sky with others click the "Export" button and it will appear in the "Exports" folder.

Obviously here is where your saved skies will appear.

To start your weather you need to click one of the following weathers snow, rain and light rain. Once clicked, the weather will start to fall. Where it says "Weather/Snow" is where you can type in particles for new weather. Right now I'm using the snow particle so no need to change it. Leave the X,Y,Z how it is, you can change the sky colour for when the weather is taking affect in your map- like when creating a new sky.

In the "Rate"box you can choose how much and how fast the weather goes. If you want maybe a snow blizzard then change the rate to around 3000. If it's too much then it will come and go really quick. When it snows the sky is lighter than normal, if you want to change that you can fiddle with the scrolls.

This is where you save your weather and if you want it stop snowing or raining for the moment click the "Reset"button. Don't worry it doesn't change the weather at all it just stops it falling until you click the weather again.

Here is your saved weathers.

You can't add weather to your maps without making the cycle!

First you have to click a saved weather in the green circled box.

The game won't choose for you when the snow or rain will fall so you have to do it yourself. The duration is how long it goes for so pick a number probably smaller than 4000. Tick the Fade in or Fade out depending which one want. If you do the Fade out one first then the weather will begin immediately. When you have ticked a box and typed in the duration click "Add New" and a blue ramp thing will appear. If it's too big move the scroll onto the blue ramp until it changes yellow then click the "Remove" button and change the duration.

Happy with your cycle? Then you should save it by typing in the name of the cycle and clicking "Save" then it will appear in the box on the side.

Now the sky you saved you type it in this box. Make sure to type it exactly how the sky file was saved. When you test it out in mapmaker it's the afternoon, the sky is going to be your noon sky. When you log in and visit your map through Cape of Distant Worlds your map's sky will be the same time of day as all the other Feralheart maps.

Here you type your weather cycle not your weather but your cycle. Make sure it's typed the same as the saved cycle in Sky Maker

That's all there is to it. It's very simple once you get the hang of it. If you don't understand this tutorial then please tell me what you don't understand and I'll be happy to help you out :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:03:39 am by Morgra »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Thierry

Re: How to use Sky Maker (Pics included)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
I'm a noob who has  never used the sky maker before.
Thanks for the tutorial.

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:43:24 am »
ok im glad its helped

Offline Glave

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • A 'Nerd' gone wild
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 01:03:27 am »
Thanks ingredient! I better understand it now :D

Now, I know there are ways to change the actual sky itself right? As in, make it MORE cloudy than just the few sprawled clouds, or make they sky appear slightly differently...maybe always night or always day, or no clouds at all?

I will do a little poking around now that I know the basics and will see what I can do.

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:39 am »
Ok then happy to help ;)

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
Lol , I saw you had ''bubbles'' and ''HeavyRain'' there . Is there a way to download weather ?  : o

Woof ! By Ramine ^^

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 09:43:54 pm »
Lol , I saw you had ''bubbles'' and ''HeavyRain'' there . Is there a way to download weather ?  : o

Woof ! By Ramine ^^

Yes there is a way. You would click the export button with one of ur weathers selected, then it will appear in ur Exports folder, so then upload it to mediafire or something and give the link to ur friends. If ur thinking of downloading weathers heres a link

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=949.0

For Bubbles i just used a bubble particle from Wolfess and i changed the Rain's rate to 2800 for the Heavy Rain.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 11:43:13 am »
Alright ^^

Woof ! By Ramine ^^

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 12:49:47 pm »
Ok then ^^

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »
Woof. =P

Great tutorial Ingredient, I'm sure ze community will benefit!
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE