Author Topic: The Floof-O-Meter - A Guide  (Read 8730 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
The Floof-O-Meter - A Guide
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:07:13 pm »
I've noticed a lot of people asking about the Floof-o-Meter, what it is, and what it does. I've decided to make this guide explaining as much as I can about it. Feel free to correct me on any of this or add on more information!

What is the Floof-o-Meter?

The Floof-o-Meter is a form of karma on the forum. Floofs/Nuzzles do not effect anything in-game or on the forum whatsoever!

Why and how do I 'floof/nuzzle' someone?

You can floof someone for any reason! They are usually given to someone who has helped you with a problem, someone who is overall helpful and kind towards the community, or someone who has made some sort of creation you like. Just remember, asking/begging for floofs will not get you them! Floofs are given to show gratitude, they are not a race.

In order to nuzzle/floof someone, you must first have at least 25 posts on the forum. Just find their miniprofile from a post they have made, and click "Nuzzle". You cannot nuzzle yourself, and you can only nuzzle a specific person once every 24 hours.

(Just using my second account for an example!)

Here's an example of a post.

The "Floof-o-Meter" lists how many floofs you have received. Clicking "Nuzzle" will give the user another floof. You cannot floof yourself and can only floof the same person once within 24 hours.

How do I get floofs?

To get floofs, just be an active, helpful, and productive member in the community! If you deserve a floof, you will get one eventually. Don't ask or beg for floofs, this may turn people away from the very idea of giving you one! And of course, remember that a small amount of floofs doesn't mean you or a member is unhelpful, or even that a large amount means that a member is helpful! Don't compare yourself to other people, just keep being helpful and friendly!

Can floofs be taken away/why do some users have negative floofs?

I was not around while this was still a thing, so correct me on anything if needed! A while ago, you could either 'bite' or 'nuzzle' someone. Biting took away floofs, and nuzzling added floofs. This feature was removed in order to promote positive behavior. Some users with lots of 'bites' left the forum during that time and still have a large amount of negative floofs---the record I've seen is -60 floofs! However, this doesn't neccesarily mean they were a bad person, some people had asked the community to 'bite' them, just to have some fun.

Hope this helps make the Floof-o-Meter a little clearer! I'm tired of saying 'floof' so much throughout this tutorial haha. If anyone asks about the Floof-o-Meter, feel free to send them to this post!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:39:47 pm by TheGhostlyGoat »

Echoing harmony

Re: The Floof-O-Meter - A Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:08:17 pm »
Thank you for this guide ^^

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:10:33 pm »
It's very kind of you to create a help guide on this topic. I'm sure it will help some new members who don't know its purpose. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:10:31 am »
Wonderful guide. +floof

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 12:36:51 am »
D?mo arigat? :3 +floof
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 01:18:37 am »
This is very helpful indeed. Much appreciated.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline BloodWolfHD

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 05:57:46 am »
Ah, very helpful. I haven't noticed that there are people with negative floofs around.
In-Game-Name: Zetsub?
My Preset is here

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 06:05:10 am »
Thank you guys! Glad my guide has been useful ^^ And once in a while a user with negative floofs pops up, I haven't seen all too many but there's been a few.

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:44:58 pm »
Thank you very much :D

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline KopaVitani417

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2