Author Topic: For anyone who has issues getting on, logging onto fh, staying on  (Read 3109 times)

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
I see a lot of people post on the forums that they keep having issues with fh not working correctly and I decided I would put out a post to help those who might need it.

Cannot connect to front server issues:

If you try to get on and you can't connect to the front server it usually means at least one of these things:

The actual server itself is down: Every now and then the server will have outages, just like any other server for any other game. Generally when the server is down it can take less than, or even a day for it to come back up because it takes time to fix the issues that caused the server to fail in the first place. Remember everyone, finding a technical issue and fixing it takes time, so if this happens please be patient.

Also, there is an issue where sometimes the server isn't able to be access on a regional basis. It has to do with something called cloudflare, which if it doesn't work properly at the time, you can't go on depending on your region. Because of this you can have an outage in one place, but not another. (Not talking about right next door or anything like that, but different states, different countries, things of that nature.)

You haven't logged into the on site "Play game" login before attempting to log in on the game itself:

Ever since the server was hacked they had to find a solution to fix it and try to prevent it from happening again. This is the reason why we have to be logged in on the site and the game at the same time.

In order to get Feral Heart to work you must follow these steps:

Open up the game (Without logging in)

Go on the Feral Heart Site and go to the bar that says: "Play Game"

Type up your username and password in the Play Game login box and log into it

Type up your username and password in the actual game and log into it

(It wont always work the first time and you might need to restart either your browser or game and retry to be able to get the game to work, also it might take a few tries)

Keep the site open on the log in page because that is what gives you access to the server.

As you're logging in there will be a delay on requesting login, pay attention to the page on the site because you will most likely have to re-enter your username and password and log in on your site again before the log in works. If it fails then it will say connection lost or can't connect to front server and you will have to attempt this again. Before attempting it again it's best to exit the game and your browser completely and bring both back up and retry the steps. (It might seem like a lot, but it's really not. Things always seem to be a lot more if you write it down. Try writing down how to make a poptart sometime xD)

If by any chance it goes on quickly but it doesn't show your characters and has just the word loading on it, it means that you did the log in out of order and you will be in a perpetual (nonstop) loading bar and will have to redo all of the steps again.

Also be aware that your internet speed is also a factor in how this works, there are fluctuations in the internet so it wont always work the first time.

Lost con on the game:

This either means the server has gone down, your internet went out even if it was just for a moment, or the site logged you out, or your computer memory is low.

If your internet goes out for a moment or slows down it will most likely kick you off for the time being, all you have to do in this case is attempt again, but if this repeats several times you may want to take a break from feral heart and give your internet some time to speed up. This can also be effected by the weather.

If the server is down, check the forums, chances are someone will have put up that there are issues, but keep in mind that it might be regional as well.

If the site logged you out then you need to repeat the original log in steps, sometimes it will time you out. It's because of this that I have my browser remember my username and password, that way I only need to type in one letter, click the username suggestion, then the password will automatically be put in and you just have to click log in.

Believe it or not your computer does run out of video memory as you play it, this significantly slows down your computer or can make it so certain things don't work correctly. If this happens then all you have to do is restart your computer, provided that the game worked before without the same issues you're having. The fastest way to lose video memory is to watch videos, listen to music, or play games. Losing memory doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your computer because it's normal for it. It's your computer's way of saying it's tired and needs to be restarted. (Sometimes restart doesn't work well and you might just want to shut it down then turn it back on normally.))

I hope this helps! If you have any other issues with the game, don't be afraid to ask.

-DarkLustyHumor

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:22:52 pm by DarkLustyHumor »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: For anyone who has issues getting on, logging onto fh, staying on
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »
This be very useful ~!
But this might go to the miscellaneous board because the help thread is for those seeking / assisting with help regarding the game / site itself. Could be mistaken but yeah.

All in all awesome work ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 05:39:10 pm »
This is very helpful!
Thanks! :)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Kouvinxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • TKC for life!
    • http://kouvinxx.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »
This is very helpful and I'm sure lots of members/new members will find this useful!
Thanks~ c:

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »
This is very helpful and will come in handy.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 07:14:43 pm »
Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure it will be very useful for many users<3 Though as Haku stated, it might fit in more with the misc. member made tutorials for future reference. c; Nice job though!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 08:31:25 pm »
Thank you for sharing this with the community. I'm sure there are many people out there who will benefit from you putting this together, and I really appreciate it. I'll move this over to the Member Made Tutorials >> Miscellaneous board for you, for the reasons mentioned above. Good work!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
I'm glad this is helping people out already, and I put it in help because I'm actually not really used to being on the forums yet because even though I've been a member for a while, I paid more attention to the actual game, but that's changing now. xD

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 11:06:53 pm »
This is a very well written tutorial you have here. Great job!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 01:04:08 am »
This is indeed very helpful! Lots of good information for those struggling with server connection.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya