Author Topic: King Of Thieves  (Read 1765 times)

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
King Of Thieves
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:06:34 am »
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SONG TO LISTEN TO WHILE READING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWQVCLqeNQY

this story is highly inspired by this song, but i have been meaning to write this for a while, too.

Cosmo sighed, staring across the plains. Taking a deep breath, she walked onwards.

She knew exactly where she was. There was only one plains with a deep river, a certain rock formation,
and many places for bugs to hideout. Cosmo’s old Tribe territory.

The smell of other Fusiors was everywhere, obviously showing the tribe was still around.

Cosmo sat next to one of her old favorite rocks. Said rock was in the shape of a bowl, with a perfect spot for
curling up inside. She stared at it blankly, blinking slowly.

Suddenly, a whistling sound began heading towards her, and Cosmo ducked just in time to avoid being hit by
a mound of compressed dirt. She whipped her head around to see a Fusior. A very familiar one…

“Pluto.” Cosmo spoke, old recognition sparkling in her eyes.

The Fusior came out from under a rock outcropping, revealing blue hair with red streaks, a blond, wolf-like front,
and a black and white splotched rear. He had glowing blue eyes with the same burning intensity as Cosmo’s own.

“Exile,” Pluto spoke coldly and demanding, “Why have you intruded upon our land?”

Cosmo looked sad for a moment. “Can’t I just take a look down memory lane?”

Pluto showed the faintest hint of confusion, but contained his fierce demeanor, “You know what you have done,
and you know what must happen when you intrude again!”

Cosmo narrowly avoided another rock to the head, standing up to her full height.

“You’ve changed, Pluto.”

The blue-haired Fusior glared, “And you’re as stubborn as always.”

Avoiding another rock to the head, Cosmo expanded her flames to cover her body closely. She knew Pluto…
More than anyone else. They had been together all their lives until that fateful day. He wasn’t one to avoid a fight.

Pluto stepped back as the roaring fire surrounded Cosmo, the latter sighing sadly.

“Pluto,” Cosmo said loud enough to get past her flames, “Please. I don’t want to fight you again.”

Pluto laughed, “What? Are you afraid because you know I’ll throw you into the river again?”

Cosmo winced, her flames wavering. Pluto was the Gamma of the Fusior tribe, while she herself had been the Beta.
Pluto was the one who thrust her into the river that day.

“Hit a nerve?” Pluto taunted, launching several rocks into Cosmo’s flaming form.

Cosmo grimaced as a rock grazed her side, dodging the others. “We don’t have to fight. Don’t you remember all
the good times we had?”

The Gamma chuckled, “I have no good memories with you.”

Cosmo’s eyes widened at that remark, a wave of hurt rushing over her. She growled, narrowing her eyes and cautiously
keeping her fire under control.

“How can you say that?!” she exploded, her flames feeding off of her sudden rush of anger, “After eighteen years of us together,
one small misunderstanding made you forget that?! Are you really that dull?”

Pluto stepped away from the fire that was beginning to expand past Cosmo’s shape. He said nothing, but fired more
pulled-up mounds of dirt from around him at the other Fusior.

Cosmo looked down, closing her eyes tightly and trying to control her flames. It hurt to hear Pluto thought of her as
just another exile, especially with the fact…

Pluto was her brother.

Cosmo wasn’t an only child. Pluto was her only sibling. While Cosmo had speed and flexibility on her side, being a Flame Fusior,
Pluto had strength and defense, being an Earth Fusior.

Shaking her head, Cosmo focused back on the current fight, avoiding another rock being shot at her. She took a deep breath,
commanding her fire to form into one of her signature moves; her Flame Wings.

The flames around her hesitated at first, contemplating whether or not to listen to her while she was emotionally distressed,
but they eventually formed the two flaming limbs. Cosmo wasted no time in leaping upwards, sailing over her brother and
commanding more fire to launch itself at him.

Pluto dodged the fireballs and launched a boulder towards Cosmo, with the latter swerving in the air to avoid being crushed.

“It wasn’t a misunderstanding, Cosmo,” Pluto spat out his sister’s name in disgust.

The sudden hate in his voice caught Cosmo off-guard, and she was hit in the shoulder by a large mound of compressed dirt.
Yelping, Cosmo fell from the sky, unable to maintain her flames.

She hit the ground with a sound that would make one cringe, crying out in pain. Pluto stood over her, anger flaring in his cold blue eyes.

“You…” Cosmo whimpered, “You haven’t changed…”

Pluto glared, “But you have.”

He summoned rocks that flew around him. Cosmo knew he was going to attack, and closed her eyes.

Pluto was the stronger of the two, and he knew when Cosmo was down, it was hard for her to get back up.

But Pluto didn’t attack. Cosmo, confused, opened her eyes to see her brother was behind her. With no time to react,
he grabbed her by her mane, right where her scruff was. Pluto dragged her over to the river. Cosmo widened her eyes. He planned to kill her.

Cosmo couldn’t swim; this was a fact for all Flame Fusiors. Throwing her into a river meant the attacker expected her death. The only reason
she was saved the first time was because Star was there, but this time…

Cosmo let out an audible screech, catching Pluto off-guard as she expanded her flames once again. She was dropped, only a few feet from
the river, and quickly formed her Fire Shield.

“You… Really want me dead.” Cosmo panted. Her flames took note of her struggle to stand and began forming their Second Chance.
The female Fusior felt the energy being transferred to her, and got determined to end the fight as the victor.

She launched herself at her brother, the sudden anger making her fire shoot out into a miniature Explosion before she dissipated it.
Letting out a loud growl, Cosmo made contact with Pluto, barreling into him.

She let herself grip Pluto’s mane in her jaws, gaining a rush of strength from her anger and throwing him as far as she could.

Pluto, surprised by the sudden actions, stumbled upon landing, but quickly maintained his stance.

“You want to fight?” he asked, “Fine. Let’s brawl.”

“That won’t be necessary.” Cosmo growled, dodging a storm of rocks of varying sizes, “I plan on finishing this.”

Pluto growled himself, a much fiercer one than Cosmo’s own, and bolted towards her.

They locked in combat, neither using their powers. Cosmo made quick movements, while Pluto used brute strength. Cosmo was
too fast to be pinned down in basic attack, so she used this to her advantage.

Being the smaller of the two, the female Fusior easily avoided an attack by slipping under her brother and gripping his blue and red
tail in her mouth. She shook her head quickly, Pluto gasping in pain before whipping around and biting Cosmo’s right hind leg.

She yelped in her own pain and let go of the tail, stumbling and limping out of another attack. Cosmo’s flames tried to summon
themselves, but she kept them in control. This was a fight between siblings, not powers.

Ignoring her pain, Cosmo launched herself at him again. She danced around him at the last second to catch him off-guard, whipped
around, and kicked him as hard as she could with her hooved legs.

Cosmo quickly remembered just how strong her legs were when she heard a faint crack and Pluto scream. She was capable of breaking
boulders in half with one kick, so when she kicks with full strength on a living thing…

Let’s just say Pluto won’t be using that leg for a while.

The female Fusior gasped as Pluto fell over. “I-I’m sorry!” she yelped, panicking and turning tail.

“You better run!” Pluto yelled with his remaining strength, “And never come back, Exile!”

And Cosmo never did return.

~~Story End~~

SURPRISE!!! COSMO HAS A BROTHER!!!

anyway yeah hope you guys enjoyedd

Offline OutofBreath

• Yasamin
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • gone from feralheart but not from chickens
    • View Profile
Re: King Of Thieves
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »