Help & Guidance > Modding & Meshing Tutorials

Converting Meshes with AC3D (Includes Screenshots.)

(1/4) > >>

AlphaEclipse:
Note that I no longer use/have AC3D!
Hullo peoples. o3o
Here's my tutorial on how to convert a mesh using AC3D. This method works for me very well.

First off, you will need AC3D, of course!
AC3D is found here:
AC3D

AC3D is safe, and easy to use as long as you download from the original site. There is a trial version that lasts 14 days. c:

After you've downloaded it, open AC3D.

Next, get any sort of 'mesh'. This site is helpful:

TF3D.com

Download a mesh, and save it to your desktop. C: You will see this: (-is using a wolf mesh for this-)

Next, go back into AC3D and go into file > import.

Open your mesh!

Then, go into file > export > ORGE .mesh

This will pop up:

It is important you leave the material part blank. Otherwise, no material for your mesh will be made.

Next, save it wherever you want. c: I like saving it to my desktop.

It will spit out not one file, but two! The material is used to add a texture to your new mesh.

CONGRATS! You've successfully converted a mesh to .mesh! |D  

The Beast Within:
Thank you sososososososo much for this. But I have a couple of questions. The model I downloaded comes with a .mtl file and two textures.

1.) What do I do with the .mtl file?

2.) How exactly do you add two textures to an object?

OreoHeroz:
A well-done tutorial, Alpah!

I shall love you forever. -tackle taco hugs-

AlphaEclipse:

--- Quote from: ~Vellaouria~ on March 26, 2014, 02:21:21 am ---Thank you sososososososo much for this. But I have a couple of questions. The model I downloaded comes with a .mtl file and two textures.

1.) What do I do with the .mtl file?

2.) How exactly do you add two textures to an object?

--- End quote ---

I'm afraid I no longer have AC3D, but you should be able to import it like any other mesh and then just follow the same steps as above. :3 I actually have never heard of a .mlt, but if it comes as a mesh, it should be like a .obj.
I myself have been having trouble with textures, but when you export the .mesh, a .mesh and a .material file will pop out. You should be able to add the texture's name into the .material file like a preset. :3
I honestly have no idea about adding two textures, again, maybe like a preset? Merp, sorry for my lack of knowledge here. xD

|D Arg, sorry, I'm doing this out of memory. xD I no longer use AC3D, only Blender. If I find anything else about textures or that .mlt file, I'll be sure to tell ya'.

--- Quote from: OreoHeroz on March 26, 2014, 02:34:09 am ---A well-done tutorial, Alpah!

I shall love you forever. -tackle taco hugs-
--- End quote ---

Why danke. B) -noms face-

The Beast Within:
Aw, it's alright. I've sort figured it out... xD

Thank you very much for this, once again. :3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version