Help & Guidance > Modding & Meshing Tutorials

OGRE Scripting Breakdown (LEARN BASIC MATERIAL CODING!)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kynvuu:
Thanks for the floof back dear<3 I actually have a question for you if you don't mind, since you seem to know quite a bit about Ogre coding c: By any chance, is it possible to play a sound file upon collision with an object in Feral Heart? I know in FH its possible to add a sound to your object, but I was curious to know if there were some codes I could implement somehow so that this sound file only played on command with collision. Not sure if its possible within FH, but if you knew any tricks I'd appreciate it :3

Ruby1234:

--- Quote from: Kynvuu on April 03, 2016, 08:30:33 pm ---Thanks for the floof back dear<3 I actually have a question for you if you don't mind, since you seem to know quite a bit about Ogre coding c: By any chance, is it possible to play a sound file upon collision with an object in Feral Heart? I know in FH its possible to add a sound to your object, but I was curious to know if there were some codes I could implement somehow so that this sound file only played on command with collision. Not sure if its possible within FH, but if you knew any tricks I'd appreciate it :3

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible with just a material script.
The material scripts can only control how the object interacts with the environment, via lights/shadows/textures/the like, it cannot dictate how the player unit will interact with the object.
It's basically just changing the way the object is observed.
A specific sound-on-collision function would have to be programmed into the game itself. :c

Kynvuu:

--- Quote from: Phloxenfree on April 03, 2016, 08:45:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: Kynvuu on April 03, 2016, 08:30:33 pm ---Thanks for the floof back dear<3 I actually have a question for you if you don't mind, since you seem to know quite a bit about Ogre coding c: By any chance, is it possible to play a sound file upon collision with an object in Feral Heart? I know in FH its possible to add a sound to your object, but I was curious to know if there were some codes I could implement somehow so that this sound file only played on command with collision. Not sure if its possible within FH, but if you knew any tricks I'd appreciate it :3

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible with just a material script.
The material scripts can only control how the object interacts with the environment, via lights/shadows/textures/the like, it cannot dictate how the player unit will interact with the object.
It's basically just changing the way the object is observed.
A specific sound-on-collision function would have to be programmed into the game itself. :c

--- End quote ---

Ah, alright, I see. Thank you for the help anyways, I appreciate it~ ^w^

Ruby1234:

--- Quote from: Kynvuu on April 03, 2016, 08:48:53 pm ---Ah, alright, I see. Thank you for the help anyways, I appreciate it~ ^w^

--- End quote ---
No worries! c:

G4RG0YLE:
Lovin' this, thank you very much! c: Keep up the amazing work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version