FeralHeart Creations > Work In Progress Maps & Map Discussion

How do you feel about animal objects in maps?

(1/3) > >>

A.P.S.:
I'm just curious how often people use animal objects in maps. Would they only do something small like the butterfly in Eastern Pass, or make a whole flock of sheep despite them not moving/having only in-place animation?

I think they look nice, but awkward. Wouldn't ever stop me from liking a map though.

Ame88:
Personally I have no issues with them. I don't like using them myself because I can never really find good places for them, but that's probably because I haven't messed with them a lot. However when it comes to another person's map, they never stop me from disliking it. If anything it helps add to the atmosphere if used correctly~

VortexAlive:
I don't personally use them for maps I make. But I do think using them is great for the map makers out there that would want to make it clear where certain animals exist in their maps. In some cases it may even look better with them. c:

LordSuragaha:
When it comes to my own personal maps I usually only like to use very small specific types of animal meshes since I’m a bit bothered by the stiff animals. Something about the stiff animals really ruins the feeling of the map for me since they feel more like dolls or literal objects rather than living creatures in the map. The cases where I usually use animal meshes are cases where they’re either small and unnoticeable, or animal that can pass as being regularly stiff (like insects, or a frog sitting on a lily pad, or duck floating still on the surface of the water).

When it comes to other peoples’ maps I don’t mind them even though the stiffness really ruins the immersion, however they can help to be a tangible sort of back drop for a roleplay. Example it helps to have a few deer/elk meshes scattered around in a forest map if you’re in a wolf pack roleplay and writing about a hunt or something ^^

Kuri:
I put animated ones where you can reach them.  And static ones in the far distance so they don't seem stiff.

That's just me though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version