Author Topic: I have some questions  (Read 1290 times)

Offline kopat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • ?I ? Big Cats?
    • View Profile
I have some questions
« on: May 08, 2022, 02:43:21 pm »
Hi, I haven't been on this forum or Feralheart in about 10 years. Something reminded me of this game and I really want to play it again as I have fond childhood memories of playing it and making maps. But I have some questions. I know there is another game called FeralHeart Unleashed, but why is there a separate game that (to me) essentially looks the same as this one? Do original members of FeralHeart feel badly about FHU or is it just another game? How many people still play FeralHeart and when did its decline happen? I last played in 2013 and I remember it being so active. I know there was an update in 2016 that people didn't like - don't know much about that either.
In any case I hope to be back on the game soon when school ends and I hope everyone here is doing well.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: I have some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 03:50:41 pm »
welcome back! glad to see you here.
fhu is a different game run by a completely different dev team after they got access/permission[depending on who you believe] to the source code of fh.
there was some tension between games but it's all been smoothed down and we now leave each other be.
usually there's 30 or less people on fh these days. the login page update and aforementioned 2016 map update did cause a decline in numbers.
best wishes to your studies, hope this helped.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline ferimeX3

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • certified spoiler ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 09:30:02 am »
welcome back! I see your questions have already been answered, but good luck with school! Im also currently studying, but im planning on hopping on more often in the summer, so in case we bump into eachother I will try to remember to say hi :D
~it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations~

sig made by me!
>bio<

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 01:02:57 am »
The reason why there is another FH-like title is due to creative differences on varying levels.

Boiled down, access to FH's code was gained by our x-coder and used to create a game within the same vain as FeralHeart, but updated in a way that suits it's dev members and gained community.

FH has it's own, rather large, update in the works, however there is no ETA or spoilers to show yet.

Razmirz won't even allow a release of a map pack for the old maps

Not released by Raz himself but a map pack containing all the old maps: Linkie There are also other downloads floating about you can get.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort