Game & Forum Discussion > Game Discussion

Never Be The Same

<< < (2/2)

TheEarthSpirit:

--- Quote from: DylanCheetah on August 21, 2022, 07:32:11 pm ---Well actually, there are still plenty of small successful games (look at all the indie titles out there). But you are definitely right about the fact that most successful games are distributed via massive app stores and FH isn't. The only problem is that is costs money to list a game on an app store like the Microsoft Store or Google Play. However, there are indeed free app stores like itch.io which charge no fees on free games and are still relatively popular. In fact, there are many large games that got their start on itch.io

--- End quote ---

Yeah, this is why I made the Unofficial Social Media accounts for. I'm trying to pull in more people. Cause sense I've seen alot of intrest in games like FH to begin with. Just not alot of people know how to dig or where to find games like FH.
Idk if the game could be posted on itch.oi but mainly saying is. Other than these big game places like Steam, I know itch.oi is not big as those but.
Some have no idea where to look for games like FH. We have this forum. But if you have no idea where to go looking. Which most don't. You won't end up running up on FH.
Which these days can cause issues with people joining the game.

I'm not saying we should go to these download stores and post the game there. I'm just saying rn that's 1 of a few issues.

Kouvinxx:
I still sit on FH most days. I still enjoy the game even though not many people hop on. It doesn't really bother me... I have many friends that I've made through FH and I love going online and sitting with them and exploring with them. I don't think FH is doing too well at the moment because it hasn't been updated for a while but I think that's about to change. I'm still interested to see where FH will go even if it's... nowhere.

Kingservant:
Considering the tumbleweed state of the forums right now, I hope nobody minds if I necro this post. XD

I wonder if part of the reason for the decline of games like this is the crazy speed of evolution in gaming culture.  Video games are relatively new, all things considered, and especially 3D games.  FeralHeart came out in 2011, and do you know what else did?  Minecraft.  And just think about how much things have changed since Minecraft came out!

Kids who were 12 when Feralheart was created didn't grow up with the kind of advanced, aggressively-marketed games that kids today grow up with.  I do think that wonderful things can come out of video games, but part of me wonders whether or not modern games have stifled kids' imaginations.  Minecraft and Roblox and things like that are great open-ended fun, but a lot of other games... I don't know.  Any thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version