Author Topic: Joseph Kony - Make him famous  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Joseph Kony - Make him famous
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:46:10 am »
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:05:23 pm by Kyugima. »

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Joseph Kony - Make him famous
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:35:59 am »
  Alright, this has been up for a bit now, and no interest is being shown for what is going on here? When Lawcere made that thread about SOPA and ACTA, we all reacted, and posted support for stopping it, but this, a SERIOUS ISSUE, gets NOTHING? REALLY?

Guys, please watch the video. You won't regret watching it, I assure you.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:24:21 am »
Is watching it. Very interesting. Will edit this post when i finish video :o

Well, not many words can describe this video. Its a for sure thing people need to Watch before understanding or trying to explain what they think they know of this. I do thank you Kyu for posting this, i believe everyone needs to watch this and understand what happens around in this world. Many horrible things are hidden in the dark, like praying monsters. Kony is one of those monsters. Ill be honest, i never did know of this. This is my first time learning anything to do with kony, or what he's been doing. Some Country's believe they must stay out of it, that its not their business to get involved. But could you really say that if it was your child...a child you knew? A child you might've seen somewhere, even once, would you ever ask for this to happen to them? No...its no different from your sisters/brothers/mothers/fathers. They are just people in another country, should that change the fact on how they are treated? I would expect my gov't or another gov't to support us if this ever happened, not to sit back and continue to see more children abused and killed.

This video made my cry, Jacob talking about his brother broke my heart. I wish all to watch this and understand that these types of monsters cant hide in the dark any longer. That everyone has a say on what goes on in this world. Not just your country...but the WORLD. I will post this on my forum in hopes to spread this farther, and for more to see Kony's disgusting ways.

Thank you Kyu, im sure this will open many ppl's eyes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:07:35 am by Ouka/Hanzo »

Offline Deadmau5

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • I never get nuzzles ;__;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:50 am »
I fully agree what Ouka said. We will help you get this known.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:20:04 am by Deadmau5/Dagos »

Offline Tetsune

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • It's not a crime to be brutally honest.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »
I found out about this JUST last night. I already shared it on Facebook, and I'm going to be tellibng my friends at College to share it as well.
This is a very serious issue. Everyone EVERYONE needs to share this. Spread it like a disease.
It needs to be seen, and it needs to be everywhere.
A JACK OF ALL TRADES, YOU COULD SAY!
PRESETS | ITEMS | OBJECTS

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »
I just can't believe he abducted that many children and force them to do those horrific things. I hope he does get arrested. Karma will ensure.

"Deep in contemplation."

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 03:18:18 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the spreading of this and getting people more, aware.

But this has been going on for over ten years, (I'm thinking about twenty,) and it simply angers me that it is only now getting this much attention. However, there are many things occurring in the world that deserves this amount of attention as well, but no one's tweeted that yet.

Power to Facebook, I suppose.

Thanks for spreading this Kyugima.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 06:41:23 pm »
I have a bit of an opinion on this topic, please read the whole thing though, if you plan on reading it.

I found out about this yesterday. After watching the video I felt quite a bit of emotion, as it is with motivational speakers. So I had a few drinks, played some Pokemon, and went to bed. When I woke up I thought about the topic a little bit to form my own opinion on it, and not let them create an opinion for me by manipulating my emotions.

I'm feeling pretty skeptical about how their plan will work based on recent history based evidence. The VERY first thing I thought of was Osama Bin Laden, who was one famous guy, considering what he did. The US government was actively after his head, and pretty much everyone knew who he was, and still knows today, after his death last year. Did they catch him December of that year (2001)? Or the next? Or the next? No, it took them TEN years to get him.

The next bit of evidence I am looking at is the Occupy protests. Thousands of people worldwide went out on the streets and caused a ruckus. There are still protests going on, but I don't recall much changing because of it. Yes, it got their cause some supporters and spread the word, but I have to say it wasn't very effective in the end.

I'm not saying the cause is wrong, but I'm saying we have to be realistic. I don't believe that they will have Kony this year.

Now I have spread this, and I feel everyone should watch this, see what's going on over there, form an opinion, write a letter, make a scene, but by this time next year I think it'll be the same as all the other internet spread sensations and we'll turn to each other and say " What ever happened to that Kony guy, did they catch him?" and then you'll shrug because you don't have a clue.

I hope I am wrong. I really really really REALLY hope I am wrong, and I have done my part in hopes that Kony is captured and all this horror is put to an end. This year. I sincerely hope that everyone else does too, and perhaps everyone can prove me wrong.... But as they say, history repeats itself, and I don't think this will be much different.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:08:40 pm »
  Yeah, I know that this probably won't happen this year, it's really not a realistic goal, but kudos if it does happen, but things are more likely to happen if everyone knows about it, you know? Trying to at least get as many people you can behind it is better than ignoring it, pretending it never existed or happened, and just letting this senselessness continue. And perhaps by spreading this, the american government will extend the stay of the advisors or whoever, so it doesn't have to be done this year, who knows.

CloudFish