Author Topic: Welcome to hmm  (Read 16761 times)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to hmm
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 03:05:13 pm »
I wasn't against the patch. There's your first lie. I spent hours days trying to figure out how to incorporate it into the world without breaking what Red had done. I actually provided an option which wasn't even responded to.

What was that option, may I ask?

General chat would probably work just fine now in game. Why you ask then do i not put it back? Because when you have 300+ people in 1 map it doesn't work. So lets say I put it back? The game grows. I'm supposed to remove it again when the game is too big for it?

How and why exactly wouldn't it work? Except for a bunch of spamming, which is already happening with Movies and Local sometimes.

I had suggested much more regular smaller patches giving the community time to focus on each peace as its released.

Okay but would these patches be with an installer in which you could just click on ''Export'' and everything magically exports to FeralHeart. Because I don't think that everyone would want to download small patches every now and then.

As for staff I have a couple of options
1 I call in some favours end up with a team who aren't quite as in touch with the community but are loyal to a fault and know exactly what they are doing.
2 I pick-up a random group of people out of the forums people I don't know but want the community to thrive and any issues that arise from it I deal with separately.

As for number 1; who exactly are these people? Retired Staff from before or?

And for number2; I don't think that picking whole new team is a good thing. Old Staff know's a lot better about things in the Forum than the newbies. That doesn't mean that the ''New Staff Team'' should be only old members.

^
^
also written before you two posted

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:18 pm »
I am in complete understanding that you will aim and work towards the return of people's beloved characters.

I do not aim to make you reveal information in any regard to what the Staff Team did and did not do as I do not aim to have any sort of drama or disagreement with your POV, as I have no insight of what truly what went on and only you and the Staff shall have this information. It should stay that way.

Whether you were for or against whatever was brought up or planned to be released, I choose not to know and turn a blind eye to as it does not resolve anything regardless of attempt.
My only concern is how FeralHeart is going to be moving forward and how you are going to manoeuvre between the options you've stated, in appointing new Staff members.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 03:15:07 pm »
"how will they help you achieve this" Its not about me

"map-making, preset-making, redoing textures, etc" the staff don't need to do these jobs they simply facilitate the community. Obviously skills are a bonus.

Not sure I have the option of a long process... Though history shows bad mods don't last terribly long...
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 03:23:57 pm »
I am highly confused about this entire situation. Everything.

Regardless... I am going to keep myself around, lurking, to see what happens in the future. This game means a lot to me, it has for seven years, and I will stick with it until it shuts down.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:29:39 pm by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 03:33:51 pm »
"What was that option, may I ask?"
To modify old ficho so it was more like a long snake rather than leaving it squashed to give reach to put bonfire in further out from new ficho granting a logical land mass to build upon above and without breaking existing connections between maps.

" How and why exactly wouldn't it work? Except for a bunch of spamming, which is already happening with Movies and Local sometimes."
100% sure on what your asking there. If your referring to the advertising concept it would be a chat you could only post in on an irregular basis. Force a user to wait between adverts etc.

Patches can use the existing install system where you just run the setup file as normal.

Oldies would be ex staff but some of them would be real oldies from when fh came out.

As for new staff I'm open to suggestions.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 03:39:18 pm »
To modify old ficho so it was more like a long snake rather than leaving it squashed to give reach to put bonfire in further out from new ficho granting a logical land mass to build upon above and without breaking existing connections between maps.

" How and why exactly wouldn't it work? Except for a bunch of spamming, which is already happening with Movies and Local sometimes."
100% sure on what your asking there. If your referring to the advertising concept it would be a chat you could only post in on an irregular basis. Force a user to wait between adverts etc.

Patches can use the existing install system where you just run the setup file as normal.

Oldies would be ex staff but some of them would be real oldies from when fh came out.

As for new staff I'm open to suggestions.

Mmh… Lots of thoughts about these comments. If you were to choose new staff, just choose wisely, please. That is all I ask. Easy mistakes could be made in that aspect.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 03:55:36 pm »

I agree that the original Ficho map should have stayed the same or at least not so heavily modified because now, It's not very easy to find things. I guess, making it longer and a little bit bigger would to the job, but also adding new meshes into the game. I agree with everything having 'logic' and not having random portals in maps. Also, I think that Bonfire should have stayed the same or similar map that It was before. It would have been modified with more meshes, but not at all what it is now. I don't think many people even go there anymore.

I think that local chat should stay the way it is. But, as for Movie chat, that is on a whole another level. I agree with what you are suggesting about forcing users to wait between adverts. Maybe wait 30 seconds between each advert? A minute seems a bit too long though.

I agree with this, It seems like a genuinely good idea.

Now, I do want to point out one more thing.
Game Pools
They should be used. In order for you to gain member's trust again, you should post some pools for people to ''
Vote for things in the game'' that you approve of and are thinking about adding.
This hasn't been used in what seems like forever, and I think that right now, It's the best time to use it.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 04:02:15 pm »

I agree that the original Ficho map should have stayed the same or at least not so heavily modified because now, It's not very easy to find things. I guess, making it longer and a little bit bigger would to the job, but also adding new meshes into the game. I agree with everything having 'logic' and not having random portals in maps. Also, I think that Bonfire should have stayed the same or similar map that It was before. It would have been modified with more meshes, but not at all what it is now. I don't think many people even go there anymore.

I think that local chat should stay the way it is. But, as for Movie chat, that is on a whole another level. I agree with what you are suggesting about forcing users to wait between adverts. Maybe wait 30 seconds between each advert? A minute seems a bit too long though.

I agree with this, It seems like a genuinely good idea.

Now, I do want to point out one more thing.
Game Pools
They should be used. In order for you to gain member's trust again, you should post some pools for people to ''
Vote for things in the game'' that you approve of and are thinking about adding.
This hasn't been used in what seems like forever, and I think that right now, It's the best time to use it.

I agree. Game Polls are a great way to involve the community in aiding the games future. Also, about movies, I agree on the fact that people do spam movies, quite often. A sort of waiting system might be helpful in resulting in less spam. Whatever that may be, it will be decided on in the future if implemented, aye?

I personally think Ficho should be modified to gain easier access to other maps. The whole map just seems really large to me, at least it did in the patch. It might just be my own opinion though. A realistic twist to portals might be nice to see as well. Such as portals under things or in certain areas that would be logical.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2018, 04:04:19 pm »
My only suggestion is in terms of recruiting Staff.

A lot of them, now, will be serving in the eyes of the community and this is what you must be open-minded for. If they come up with a suggestion, it will no doubt reflect upon what the community ask for or would desire to be implemented, and for this you must be prepared to consider what could be done.
I do not doubt that you don't consider what the community wants. However, what the previous Staff have stated has simply given other members an idea that you are selfish and only act upon what you want. I do not believe this 100%, but know that people can twist and turn in actions and decisions. We've all done it and, I truly believe you are a great person and you are most definitely, human. You make mistakes as does everyone.

What you must do now, as FeralHeart's Server Master, is think what type of Staff members you need to be able to progress with the game.

(I also just saw you in-game, lemme boop yer nose.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:08:11 pm by Scallywag »

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »
My only suggestion is in terms of recruiting Staff.

A lot of them, now, will be serving in the eyes of the community and this is what you must be open-minded for. If they come up with a suggestion, it will no doubt reflect upon what the community ask for or would desire to be implemented, and for this you must be prepared to consider what could be done.
I do not doubt that you don't consider what the community wants. However, what the previous Staff have stated has simply given other members an idea that you are selfish and only act upon what you want. I do not believe this. I truly believe you are a great person and you are most definitely, human. You make mistakes as does everyone.

What you must do now, as FeralHeart's Server Master, is think what type of Staff members you need to be able to progress with the game.

(I also just saw you in-game, lemme boop yer nose.)

I agree here as well entirely. Everyone does make mistakes, but that does not define somebody. No one is perfect.

On the other hand though, I think with the right staff chosen, the community will start to mend once more. People who care about the community and Feral Heart. Like I have said before, though, easy mistakes can be made and I only ask that you think people over wisely. Get backgrounds, learn about what they have to offer, look at their past activity, helpfulness, etc.

This doesn't have to be the end of Feral Heart, and almost the entire community is in panic and assuming it is. A lot of people I know are either questioning or assuming you are going to pull the plug at any point. I think some post or something that can be done, will comfort those in panic, personally I think putting the community at ease might alleviate some of the stress. (BOOP <3)