Author Topic: Excuse me while I sneak in  (Read 2501 times)

chillout

Excuse me while I sneak in
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:16:31 am »
Where do I start...Obviously new to FH. I've been around for a few weeks but not super active, so I guess it's not too late for one of these.
You may call me by my username, my character names, or any sort of nickname if anyone feels they've got one.

This game is gorgeous, lemme just get that out of the way. I've seen videos and screenies of the old version, and I see how and why some people prefer it, though I myself absolutely adore what we have now. The maps are beautiful, and have really amazing layout. And the music, I actually saved a backup  and play the list on repeat when doing work, it's so great.

Now, a bit about myself:
I am female, 21 at the time of writing this, a senior in art college earning a Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Media Arts, and am engaged to who I consider to be the best thing to ever come into my life.
My favorite colors range from grayscale shades, to blues, some purples, and mint.
I am a [clean] furry, with two personas (I'm not a fan of the term "fursona") - Tallulah the river otter Serena the arctic fox, and Kala the Chinese dragon. The former is for my usual self, every bit of my living personality; the latter is more serious and has more of a spiritual meaning to me. My fiance's 'sona is a gray red fox.
Lover of video games, good at none of them

To be honest, I find intros to be hard, so if anyone does wanna know anything about me or specific things I like, feel free to ask, because I have too many things I enjoy to be able to list it all in one go

As for my presence in the game:
I'm naturally pretty timid and submissive, so sometimes it takes me quite a bit to really start talking, especially if the game is already quiet or semi-empty. If you'd like to chat, it might be best to come up to me first.
I enjoy exploring the maps, laying around and relaxing. I'm not the type of person to just "sign in and go afk," but rather I like to take in the scenery, watch the pretty sky, listen to the music, spy on and admire everyone's gorgeous characters, and watch the chat. I am more of an observer and analyzer than anything. I'm introverted.
Also, if you do talk to me and I don't answer, I'm not ignoring you! I may actually be afk or multitasking in another window, or I missed your message since the chat goes pretty fast.

Speaking of people's characters, man, I feel a bit out of place, really.

As for roleplay, it varies. I enjoy roleplay as a concept because it's basically a live novel. Now, I'm not necessarily a bad writer, I know how roleplay works. The problem is mood, timing, and setting. I've had RPs in the past that were awesome and I got complimented on, got really into the story with my characters doing their own thing...and other times, I'm blank in the moment and can't really write much of anything, and you can't just twiddle your thumbs for hours.
Anyone else experience this sometimes? I wouldn't really call it any form of writer's block, though.

That's all I can really think to write.

Hope I can fit in and be of some use or contribution <3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:15:08 am by chillout »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Excuse me while I sneak in
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:21:08 am »
For one, you're not a weird addition to the community, we're all weird! I'm also as awkward and weird as the next person. So don't feel outta place here!

Also really glad you love the maps. They truly are a lovely thing to run around in and enjoy!

Glad to get to know you a bit better as well. I've seen you a few times around in game, but I myself am quite shy around new people. But if you see me, don't hesitate to come over and chat! I love making new friends. ^^

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:31:27 am »
I've seen ya around the forums a bit lately, yeah. I love your signature by the way ;D Welcome to FeralHeart!

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy what the game has to offer. The new maps are really lovely and so is the music. I can see how the songs might help ya concentrate on your work. I'm glad you've taken a liking to them!

Aye, in regards to your roleplay dilemma, I have that issue with regular writing and forming my posts here on the forums. You are definitely not alone on that lol. Not sure what to call it either.

Anyway, hope you continue to enjoy the game and browsing the forums. If you ever have any questions, don't be shy to message a member of staff or post in our help boards ^^
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:33:49 am by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 07:09:27 am »
I've seen you around.  i liked the otter when i met it.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 07:45:51 am »
~Waves~ Welcome love! I have seen you around the forums quite a bit!
I hope you enjoy your stay!

chillout

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 07:56:27 am »

I've seen you all around the game, you seem fun as heck, and I adore your character <3
Thanks to you, and the others <3

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 07:58:00 am »

I've seen you all around the game, you seem fun as heck, and I adore your character <3
Thanks to you, and the others <3
Aww thank you so much ;-; Feel free to join in at any time!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 08:44:48 am »
Welcome to our lovely community! Your otter character is the cutest thing. I really do hope you enjoy your time here. Most of us are weird but also diverse in a unique way, so you'll be sure to fit in! And as for your age, most of us have grown up playing this game for quite a number of years and haven't stopped playing since we were younger, so there'll be plenty of us who are in a similar age group as yourself. Anyway, have fun and I hope to see you around!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:46:20 am by Sigunr »

Gigi

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:38:59 am »
Interestig character! Welcome to the community!

Offline Fenrii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Everyone dance the Cuticle Dance!
    • ArhereArtPL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 01:56:11 pm »
Hello chillout! Welcome to Feral Heart! Being weird it's just a normal site effect of being awsome! So you say you are weird? I think you'r awesome! ~Cheers~
I really hope to see you in game soon:3
~The cat from another universe:3~
My DeviantArt: http://arhereartpl.deviantart.com/