Author Topic: i cant be the only one who despises marking packs  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Cherryheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • shrek lion
    • View Profile
i cant be the only one who despises marking packs
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:46:17 am »
i can't fam

but yeah now i have a new laptop and whenever i go on FH there's a bunch of marshmallows.

i could redownload the marking packs and texture stuff i used to have, but it's not worth the hassle because of the popup ads and other bs on mediafire where like 99% of them are hosted.

plus i feel like the marking packs are just filled with a lot of pointless stuff, like those 7 gradient markings. just... why? its impossible to scroll through the markings with a marking pack too. some of the markings in the mass markings or aug 14, i honestly cant tell the difference, need a massive retexture too. like some of those markings have visible pixels showing on the character from what i remember. :/

i'm happy that in the new update they added some extra items so that everyone can see what items others have. like now if someone has that twig item, it looks like a twig item to another person and not a deathray or something

just a small rant

i sleep with a gun under my pillow pet

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: i cant be the only one who despises marking packs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 04:51:12 am »
Yeah some of the markings make me mad too. Like some that don't show up on your character, and some are even copies of others with different names. And sadly they probably won't be updated. But I just use them because I can't stand to see marshmallows everywhere and I like some of the markings in them. cx

Offline Cherryheart

• shrek lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 04:59:16 am »
Yeah some of the markings make me mad too. Like some that don't show up on your character, and some are even copies of others with different names. And sadly they probably won't be updated. But I just use them because I can't stand to see marshmallows everywhere and I like some of the markings in them. cx

i kinda want to redownload mass markings/aug 14 (whichever ones more popular) and redo the markings

its just that i dont want to touch mediafire ever again so if anybody has a mega or a deviantART download to massmarkings then i'd gladly install it and do a retexture of all of them (i have a LOT of free time)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:04:42 am »
While i fixed some of the markings that didn't work for me, if you fix them and repost them, that would be good too.

If i could email them to you would that work?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Cherryheart

• shrek lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:22:14 am »
While i fixed some of the markings that didn't work for me, if you fix them and repost them, that would be good too.

If i could email them to you would that work?

sure lemme send you my spam email

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 11:26:20 am »
Tried to reply
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 05:55:58 pm »
I will agree with you here. Although I do prefer the variety in markings and not seeing white texture errors all the time, some of them are a bit excessive or require meta presence for use such as fandom based markings. There's a lot of test ones there too which are just obscure patterns that I never see people actually use. Which isn't bad at all, I mean, someone has to like them for them to be in the pack, but it seems a bit excessive and makes finding the ones you're looking for more difficult. Otherwise I don't really mind too much.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 01:24:48 am »
This has been the problem with using Markings and Items addons/packs since they first started coming out. Back in 2011, Ringo and Delay's Item Pack was released and it contained the most commonly used items found in Legendary Items v4.3 today. It felt less cluttered and neat because there wasn't a bunch of random meshes thrown about within them. They were items that people would commonly place on their characters. The same goes for the transition from the original Mass Markings to Legendary Markings v4.1. There is a problem with excessive amounts of random items and markings within these packs. It is really quite messy.

These items and markings packs are the popular ones because of the amount of markings and items they contain but more doesn't always mean better. I see your point entirely. Thank you for bringing this up! Great topic.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Cherryheart

• shrek lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 10:23:36 pm »
didn't realize i'd be retexturing 900 items, thought it would be like 300 or something LOL

the feralheart community is pretty crazy when it comes to markings xD but i'll still try to retexture them all when i'm bored over the summer (which is often)

idk if the original creator of the marking pack would have a problem with that, but i think they left the community a while ago >.>