Author Topic: Is FH dying?  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Thestoneofdoom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Is FH dying?
« on: December 09, 2019, 02:29:54 am »
I played FH A LOT during the first few years and only recently started coming back due to a pang of wanting in-game roleplaying again...but between the map changes and logging in to find barely any advertising let alone players..I cant help but feel down and depressed after remembering all the good old times and how you basically had to fight for a spot to advertise your own rp. Seems like a lot is now out-of-game advertising or simply not there..

How is the current experiences so far?

SpicyDirt

Re: Is FH dying?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:40:33 am »
Hello!

It does seem as if the update pushed away a lot of members, but also the age group that used to play this game. A lot of the people who used to play have grown out of the game - but the new update, at least according to the current staff members, should bring back some life to the game and attract new players!

All-in-all, yes, the game has died a bit - but if the staff can pull off what they are planning then we could see an influx of new players!

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:05:46 am »
To be honest, I was also really bummed out and missed the old stuff, as soon as I felt the game environment were seemingly drying out and losing its vivid colors. If you remember Ficho’s crystal lake where all Pokémon rp’ers went to... well, I was always there at some point of the day, veing a character from Pokémon that played with to my hearts content.

But I still decided to stick around the community. Why?
FH is my second home, and it’s the very first place where I ever could express myself to the fullest, having all kinds of friends backing me up (some who are still here even), and be accepted for who I am. Hence, it’s also the first place on the internet where I created a character of my own, for customization purposes. From pure imagination. The 12 year old me designed the character that you see here right now. I identify myself with Ellen completely. And only in this community I do that.
That’s 1 of the reasons I stay.

Another reason is because I strongly believe we, both the community and staff, can bring in a new change to the game that will give it a new light. We’ve done it at the start when we had the source code, so why not grab that chance again? Sure it may take time, but that doesn’t mean it will ever happen, that change. When this happens, I will make sure to be there and teach both the returning veterans and the newcoming members all about the game and its beautiful community.

My point here is: If you really love FH, try to open up for it. Even if it already seems lost. :)
doing what i feel like

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 11:47:05 am »
No, I mean right as the 1.17 was released, the game got like 200 players! Maybe 1.18 could bring us to 300! I can't say I miss the old maps though, because I joined in 2018. But the old maps did look cool. Some people just grow out of the game.  But new players are joining 24/7 since the registration is open forever now.

Art by QuietMacaroni

Zelphamine

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 12:45:00 pm »
I wouldn't say FH is "dying", more like a lack of users interested. There has been some issues causing some users to drift, such as, roleplaying on discord, users mostly on the forum than the game, or some just not into the new update. However, I do say there is hope if we have more activites in the game.

Look, we recently had a movie night and an upcoming Christmas party celebration. I think this is something to begin with.

Adding on to Oddenelynx, we have retrieved the source code after years wanting to obtain. The staff are in action to make new adjustments and new additions to the game. If you want, you can post ideas that may make the FH population grow again. Also, i heard we a new HD mod installed for us :3 Either way, we just need to wait for an update.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »
There isn't much for me to add as what i would've typed has already been sent.
Though, I suppose only time can tell. It's true that member activity has died down. It isn't completly gone, and I dont think it
ever will be

Offline StarAkitaYuki

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Sup
    • AmurLeopardGirl
    • Pause The Wolf
    • PauseTheWolf
    • Pause ||
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 05:56:59 pm »
I haven't really been on FH in a long time because
1.) School
2.) Chores and becoming responsible.
3.) Spending time with family
4.) Trying to start a business at a young age so I can save up.

FH is still a part of me though, I wont forget about it.
Hҽʅʅσ ρҽσρʅҽ σϝ ƚԋҽ ιɳƚҽɾɳҽƚ, I'ɱ Yυƙι!

Offline bailmint

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Promises keep us in chains, my dear.
    • bailmint
    • bailmint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 01:29:29 am »
Maybe, I'm also an old member and I've definitely noticed it. I think many have just outgrown the game, or there are just more ways to roleplay these days. I think deleting the old maps drove a lot of players away. Nearly me, but I decided I loved the game more than some digital grass. There are lots of reasons, everyone has their own reasons, and that's okay! I take breaks often being an adult now and having a lot going on, but maybe we'll get some younger people with more time on their hands. Hopefully as the game updates though we get more people to enjoy and keep the game alive!

BirdieBeep

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 05:06:06 pm »
Yes and no.

While FeralHeart probably won't reach it's height of popularity like it did in 2011 to 2013, I still think this game's lifespan has a few more years in it. There is still a community left, people who love this game and the friends they've made on it. Heck, over the last few years as I've grown up more, I've still found time to get on FH or to take healthy breaks between intervals. I also think there is a lot of room for it to grow, it's perhaps optimistic, but I do have some faith that there is a brighter future ahead that awaits the game and it's players. All in all, not to regurgitate what everyone has said, but only time will tell. But I think it's only fair to give it a fighting chance.