Author Topic: Forum Behaviour in regards to General Chat.  (Read 12033 times)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Forum Behaviour in regards to General Chat.
« on: December 12, 2013, 07:15:03 am »
Ever since General chat was removed from public maps back in June, there has been a lot of debate over the issue, as well as a ton of questions and concerns. Seeing some of the posts that have been going around the last little while, I would like to clarify some points.

Some of what I have to say is going to be very harsh. I'm going to be very blunt right off the bat and remind you that we are volunteer game workers, NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYEES! We are not here for your satisfaction. We are here to create a safe and functional environment for the game so it can stay online. While we're trying our best to be accommodating, our primary purpose is not to make you happy. It is to make the game safe. We are not here to please, and judging by the entitled attitude some of you are sporting, many people do not realize this.

On June 17th of this year, Razmirz made the announcement that General chat was being removed from public maps. The original thread can be viewed here.

The choice to remove General chat had a lot to do with the amount of users abusing it. You can read more on it by visiting the original thread.

At this time, there are no solid plans to return General chat to public maps.
This is not open to discussion any longer. We aren't doing it at this time. Nothing you can say will speed up our decision making process or make us change our minds.

This doesn't mean we aren't thinking about the community and that we aren't open to your feedback.

The problem is that many of you are creating drama when it comes to your feedback, and this is NOT acceptable. The discussion on General chat is over, and many of these threads are kicking a dead horse and stirring trouble, intentional or not. Therefore these are being locked immediately. It isn't that the staff is against people having a discussion that goes against an action we've taken, it's that users are becoming too aggressive and rude over the whole issue; it's creating too hostile of an environment for our liking, and it is not healthy for our community.

This thread, as you can see is locked. There will be no more discussion on this issue. Any threads created in response to this will be immediately locked. If you have a comment or question, you can send ME (LordSameth) a PM and I will address your issue personally, or take your critique or opinion.

And I will straight up state that continuation to create drama over this issue WILL result in action taken, INCLUDING BANS. We're serious. This drama is creating a hostile environment for the community and this is unacceptable and needs to stop RIGHT NOW.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: It seems some people still don't understand so I will lay it out. Creating drama over this issue, including making new threads in order to argue this point or complain further will result in bans! If you have something to say, send me a PM and I will personally deal with each individual issue. This is NOT optional or open for discussion.

EDIT: Thanks a lot for all of the feedback you guys are sending in! I've been hard at work with replies, and if it seems to be taking awhile for me to get back to you, please don't fret! I will reply to everyone, it's just taking a lot of time; Some replies are several paragraphs long and address a lot of concerns.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:44:58 pm by Sameth »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Behaviour in regards to General Chat.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:01:21 am »
Just an update: I know a ton of you are awaiting replies from me. I am currently experiencing some health problems relating to my hands and typing has become difficult. I have not forgotten about you and I am doing my very best to get replies sent. So sorry about the trouble, I feel really bad!