Author Topic: Spring News Update  (Read 34322 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Spring News Update
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:15 pm »
Updates For Springtime 2014
Why hello there, friendly fellow ferals~ It looks like it's time for a another news update as the weather warms up and we head right into our next colorful season. We've had a fairly laid-back winter, but pretty soon we hope to be getting right back into some new events, and maybe even a bit of spring cleaning while we're at it.

So, without further ado, what's been going on around FeralHeart?

Board & Site Changes

Did someone say Spring Cleaning~?
As of right now, our staff are busy at work, going through board by board and cleaning up any "Please delete!" threads in our site, and otherwise tidying up around the forum. It's a big job to do! In light of this, if you happen to see any "Please delete!" threads lying around, know you're free and welcomed to PM the link to one of our staff, and we'll be happy to delete it (plus, you'll be helping us out a bit, too!).

As a few of you may have noticed, we've updated the Pack/Pride Child Board Information application sticky, located in our Group Advertising Board. We currently have three slots open for those of you with big roleplays that might be interested in having your own child board on the forum. If this is the case, and your roleplay fits the criteria listed in the application, message a staff member with the appropriate RP information, and we'll be happy to look into a child board for you.

For those of you who might've been keeping an eye on our Preset Contest Board, we have a new Preset Contest General Info and Hall of Fame sticky, which will remain in that board as we cycle through the new contests.
(Curious about new contests? Scroll down for more info on the Preset Contest revival~)

Speaking of stickies, we've also updated the Mate Thread Rules sticky in our Character Search board, since it hadn't been updated in quite some time. Happy roleplaying!

On a more serious note, several months back we made an announcement regarding account usage, and it is still very relevant for all users.
IMPORTANT NOTICE (Regarding Account Usage)
The link is here for you to re-read, but here are the main highlights from it:
- Please DO NOT share your account information with anyone (even close friends)
- Do not ask for or give away "free accounts," as this can lead to a mess of trouble for you if the other person decides to misbehave and get themselves restricted from the game.

We've seen some users around the game and forum asking for these "freebie" accounts, and we do implore you to take great care for your accounts, and make one that is your own--do not borrow them from others. The same concept applies to those who give away their old accounts (don't do it, please). Registration opens daily, so new potential members should keep a close eye on the site, check in every hour or two when you can, and you will find it open soon.

Persistence and patience pays off in the long run, we promise!

Events & kewl sturf

In case you haven't heard, we're kicking off our second FeralHeart Official Roleplay Day (FHORD), and we need YOU and everyone else to spread the word, so we can get as many users in on this fun day as we can! It starts the morning of April 6th (that's this Sunday), and lasts the entire day, where everyone (even staff!) dedicate their day to roleplaying with anyone and everyone, enjoying the creativity of our wonderful community, no holds barred. Wanna learn more? Check out our FHORD Board for more detail, and invite your friends by showing them the event's official link: www.tinyurl.com/fhroleplay

We hope to see you there, and bring your fun-loving creativity with you~!

After a long hiatus, we're pleased to be bringing back our old favorite, the FeralHeart Preset Contest! It will now be held each season, and our kick-off theme is Super Heroes! Wanna join in on the fun? Come check out the contest and let us know what you think in our Spring Preset Contest Info thread!

Just as well, our Spring Member of the Season Voting is well under-way, and we encourage you to come out and vote for who you think are our most deserving and hard-working members this Spring. Voting ends April 10th. Our best to all nominees!

Side Note
We've had some notable changes in the staff lately, as well. Two of our moderators, BigSkippy and LordSameth (Sam also served us as a global moderator during her time on the team) stepped down from the staff not long ago due to some new challenges in their real lives, and having less time than they would like to donate to FH. However, we're very glad to have had them give their time and efforts into the game while they were here, and we wish them the best in all of their endeavors. We hope to see you guys back soon to visit, and thank you for all of your work! Along with this, Sherlockian (also known as Genny) has been working hard in her training as our newest MIT, and we know we'll see her continue to work hard here on the game and forum as she reaches to further help the FH community.

Also, our Feral-Heart-Art DeviantART Group have been busy bees lately, too, working on a brand new layout for the DA page, and a new FHArt Background Contest. Click on the links provided here to go check them out! FHArt Background Contest submission deadline is April 12th!

Thank you for reading, lovelies, and have a great Spring season!
~Allegra/White
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Spring News Update
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:40:17 pm »
Thanks for the update! >u<b

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:04:14 pm »
Sounds like a very busy time so far, can't wait for the preset contest so I can see what lovely presets everyone has! And deleting the old threads sounds tough but worth it, in the end without the pile up of them. Thanks for the update White!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:10:50 pm »
Ooo, thanks for the update, White!
I'll defiantly be on the lookout for "please delete" threads! There's quite a few.

Aaahhh I cannot wait until FHORD!  

Edit: Would solved count as "please delete?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:16:32 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 08:31:24 pm »
Solved is not really counted as "Please delete" in this case.

Thanks for the News post Ally.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »
T'is much appreciated that ye've taken the time to inform us as to what's been happenin' as of late. I'm quite eager to witness the return and outcomes of upcomin' events. May the season of Spring be a memorable one. Also, I once again send my heartiest congrats to madam Genny in her recent joinin' of the staff team as well as a thank ye' to sir Skippy and Ms. Sameth for all that they've contributed in and aided within the community.
gone

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 10:05:24 pm »
Thanks for the Update! :D

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

baltowolflover

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 11:35:32 pm »
Thanks for the update, WhiteLightHeart!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 12:56:10 am »
Wonder who'll get the child board x]

Thanks for el update /shot

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 01:06:43 am »
Well, thanks for the Spring update WhiteLightHeart! (Its currently the Autumn here in Australia).

I'm very, very disappointed that I will be unable to attend FHORD this year V___V My ban isn't up yet.

I be sure to look out for Please Delete threads and report 'em to you guys~

You guys have fun without me, I'll be missing you here in the forums~! </3  :-*
[/font]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:16:50 am by CallMeWild »

spirit, who could not be broken