Author Topic: Bring back the radio  (Read 3232 times)

Rhakorra

Bring back the radio
« on: October 02, 2019, 04:56:05 am »

SpicyDirt

Re: Bring back the radio
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 02:44:38 pm »
Yes! Yes! YES!

I would love to see the radio back up and running! I once tried to start my own station because of the Feral Heart radio - it did not turn out as well as I thought it would - meaning it never actually got started.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 04:49:13 pm »
The radio never left, but has been extremely neglected since wolffox departed from the staff team. Well, not just then. It was heavily neglected before she re-joined the staff team as well, it's just more noticeable now as it's more recent.

I feel that staff members enlisted as DJ's should be making the effort to uphold their responsibility of providing users regular (and preferably scheduled) radio activity, which is what people expected to happen when it was re-introduced back in 2015. Understandably the radio is not more important than staffing duties, but what is the point of releasing content like this and not committing to it? It doesn't take much when you think about it. You could schedule a Saturday Radio or something that could go on for maybe 2-3 hours (1 hour goes by too quickly), and take turns each week considering there are multiple DJ's who see themselves capable of keeping up with the activity of one.

The reason I want to encourage a weekly Radio is because at least users will know when the radio will be online, and know exactly when it will be available to them. This doesn't mean it has to restrict DJ's from playing the radio randomly during the week, but the commitment of the same day each week would make the FH Radio seem less pointless to keep around and more of a commitment, even if it's minor. There's also the thing where you have the radio online at random times, DJ's run through playlists too quickly and then get bored after a while. It's easy to be pumped, motivated, and energetic with new songs you suddenly find and enjoy, and then get bored of listening and sharing it each day. Past staff members who have hosted the Radio have had this habit, and they go through a streak of playing music before they run out of content and stop completely for some months before they go through the cycle again. I don't know if others have noticed this too?

But yeah, that's my thoughts.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 04:18:05 pm »
Hey Rhakorra :)!

Very happy to see you and a few others still sharing an interest in the official FH radio <3

Just going to address a few things that were stated here to clear up some confusion. Firstly, the radio hasn’t been neglected in fact it was being played a select few times recently and even during the recent Summer party. The frequency at which it has been being hosted has gone down a bit because after Raz’s recent “return” in activity staff have been able to get some major projects back up. Staff is focusing their time more on these major tasks rather than the radio. Since Raz often is busy we prioritize work he needs to review before he is “away” again. In the past while there was more staff, more down time, and not as much major work going on staff could spend more time hosting the radio. Do keep in mind that not all staff share the same interests in hosting the radio. The radio was also never intending to be a regular or constant thing but rather a thing hosted whenever a staff member had the interest and time to spare in the radio alone ^^

With a Halloween Party being planned and worked on right now I’m sure you’ll see a return of the radio soon ;) Maybe even sooner who knows? <3

Rhakorra

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 04:52:36 pm »
That explains alot, thanks for the feedback! Hopefully it gets pumping soon ;p <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 10:44:13 pm »
Heya if you’re still interested and online right now Kiki has got the radio up :3!

-drops link and dances away- <3

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=65011.msg893347#new

Rhakorra

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 11:09:37 pm »
Heya if you’re still interested and online right now Kiki has got the radio up :3!

-drops link and dances away- <3

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=65011.msg893347#new

I saw! I am happy to see this is running up again! Thank you <3