Author Topic: Unable to go in the Grounds after game forced-closed  (Read 907 times)

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Icon by me /Symbiosis /cobrawl
    • https://www.deviantart.com/storm
    • View Profile
Unable to go in the Grounds after game forced-closed
« on: January 01, 2021, 07:40:42 pm »
Hi, I was playing FH and suddenly my game forced closed. Upon trying to enter with the same character, it always crashes when I try to enter the grounds. I tried resetting my char's home, and it still didn't fix it. Still crashes. Idk what more to do, but help is appreciated. Thanks.

xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to go in the Grounds after game forced-closed
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 03:01:07 am »
Are you still having this problem?

Have you reset the character's home that you've been in the Grounds with? If you reset the character's home, it will take them back to Lonely Cave and then you can try re-entering the Grounds. I recommend trying to enter the Grounds from the portal within Seaside Grove. Sometimes, for some reason, crashing occurs in a repeated fashion and so entering from a different portal solves it sometimes for me.
Do you have preset synch? Because i hear certain flawed preset files will cause crashing.
There are specific presets from the Preset Sync that can cause the Grounds to crash if the user is in the Grounds. If you look in your FeralHeart folder right after the crash for a file called "badfile.reminder", open that up in Notepad and read what preset file is listed there. Whichever one is listing is causing your crashing. You can find that in your "PublicPresets" folder and just delete it along with the badfile.reminder file in your main FH directory.

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Icon by me /Symbiosis /cobrawl
    • https://www.deviantart.com/storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 06:54:25 am »
Are you still having this problem?

Have you reset the character's home that you've been in the Grounds with? If you reset the character's home, it will take them back to Lonely Cave and then you can try re-entering the Grounds. I recommend trying to enter the Grounds from the portal within Seaside Grove. Sometimes, for some reason, crashing occurs in a repeated fashion and so entering from a different portal solves it sometimes for me.
Do you have preset synch? Because i hear certain flawed preset files will cause crashing.
There are specific presets from the Preset Sync that can cause the Grounds to crash if the user is in the Grounds. If you look in your FeralHeart folder right after the crash for a file called "badfile.reminder", open that up in Notepad and read what preset file is listed there. Whichever one is listing is causing your crashing. You can find that in your "PublicPresets" folder and just delete it along with the badfile.reminder file in your main FH directory.

Hello. The issue seems to be my friend’s heavily animated preset, as I can enter the Grounds fine when they’re not on the character with the animated preset. My laptop is a good 5-6 years old now, so this may be due to an old outdated graphics card. Thank you for the help though!
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 07:25:49 pm »
I'll be locking this now since you've figured out the issue =) Thank you Dead for helpin anyways!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort