Author Topic: How to make a preset  (Read 55593 times)

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
How to make a preset
« on: June 18, 2011, 10:53:24 am »
Another way to make a preset New
1. Open a file in photoshop or gimp, go to FeralHeart --> Media --> Textures and chose cheadShade, ctailShade, cbodyShade if you want to do a canine preset. If you want to a feline chose the fheadShade, ftailShade, fbodyShade.

2. Do a new layer and multiply (This does so you can use FH's pelt texture)

3. Color the preset as you want it to look

4. Save it in My_Preset and some of the Preset_1-10. Name it to preset_1body, preset_1head, preset_1tail. Remember, if you are putting the image file in folder 1, name it to preset_1, if you put it in folder 2 name it to preset_2 and so on. And save it as jpg file.

5. If you want marking on one side, and other markings on the other side name the right side to presetright_1body, and the left side to presetleft_1body.
Then open the materialfile in that folde. Open as notepad.

6. Now you have to change the codes, its pretty simple, just add left in end of preset, and right in the other one, save and click yes when it ask if you want to overwrite.
You doing the same with head and eyes too.

7. Then simply open the game, go to Tools and Preset Maker and export your preset. After that, sign in and edit a char/or create a new. Click on IV and Use Preset.

You need photoshop or gimp, (or any other programs) if you not have these program you can download gimp for free here: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Notice: I using photoshop elements 7.0
Open a file in gimp/photoshop, go to FeralHeart --> my_presets --> reference

Open both body_legend and cbody_UV, if the preset is to a feline open fbody_UV. The body_legen file showing what who is what.

Have this to pictures beside each other, so you can look at body_legend so you know where the color/markings will land.

Do a new layer on cbody_UV

Choose colors and start to paint over there you want have the color.

When you are finish its time to save it. Click on save as and save it in FeralHeart folder --> my presets and save it in someone of the preset1-preset10.
If you saving your preset in preset_1 you most name it to preset_1body (if the preset is to the body)
If the preset is to the head you name it to preset_1head, same if its to the tail or eye, preset_1eye , preset_1tail.
And dont delete the file preset_number.material

Save your preset as JPEG file.

Then open your game, go to tools and Preset Maker and click on the number the folder you saved your preset in have.
Export your preset!

Then log in, choose the char you want to have the preset. Go to IV, click on Use Preset and choose the one you wanna have. Then just click on OK

Now you have a preset :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:08:32 pm by Rimfrost »

Offline Liebe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Gotta love Sparky!
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a preset
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:53:47 pm »
Do you have to do the layer? And I used GIMP and it's not working...

Offline Scarletrider

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 06:40:01 am »
Doing the new layer makes it easier. So if you have to erase, you don't erase the mesh. Also, there's a way you can do it to see the mesh through the paint. For photoshop, you set your layer to multiply. Then when you're finished, you can go back to the background layer and just erase the mesh. I have a separate question for anyone who would know. I decided to try and create a preset tonight, and Colored one in photoshop. The only problem is, I have preset 1 and 2 filled with presets I'm assuming are default in the game, so I put it in preset 3. But none of my presets are showing up. I saved them all as .jpg files and changed the name from "pinstripehead, pinstripeeye, etc" to "preset_3head, preset_3eye, etc" and I'm a bit confused. Can anyone guide me from here? I'm on a macintosh if that makes any difference. I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Offline ethl

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:49:20 am »
I downloaded gimp but, i can't find the file to open. every time i try to open it, it just downloads again.

Offline ashes13

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • The War Bloods
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:15:35 am »
Do you know how to make presets that are not the same on both sides? I really want to make a phantom of the opera preset but the mask is only supposed to go on the right side.

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:30:44 pm »
How do you make the mane a different color?? I am working on a preset, and I want the mane to be black with a couple of orange locks. What do I need to do?

Offline Rimfrost

• Community Champion
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:19 pm »
You have to color the mane mask ^^

Offline CalliCat1113

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -10
  • Larkspur/Starline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:32:58 pm »
And then..... what?? Do I have to move the file?? Please try to be a little more specific.

Offline Rimfrost

• Community Champion
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 08:11:07 pm »
Updated with a new preset tut xD

Calli: I will do a mane tutorial as soon as possible

Offline CalliCat1113