Community > Praise

A Big Thanks To My Cat, Spaz.

<< < (2/3) > >>

SpicyDirt:
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always very difficult losing a pet ~ especially one that you are closer to. Keeping all of those fond memories will be important for the rest of your life, and I am happy that you got to experience so much love and affection with this cat. I hope that he is up in kitty heaven having a blast and in peace. <3

Telluric:
i know goodbyes all too fondly and i never like seeing other people have to say them either, i really am sorry that you have to go through this, scout. our pets are always a constant in our lives, consistency and rationality in our very chaotic and unpredictable lives. i have to say i'm glad you've shared with us and have decided to honor spaz this way, thank you for making this post and may spaz only lay in the warmest rays of sunshine in heaven.

wolfsquad:
Thank you all so much.
I know it's gonna be hard adapting to life without him anymore, but I know that with time and patience, I will be able to look back on memories of Spaz and smile without crying.
It was definitely different waking up this morning and not having a cat standing on my chest, meowing his head off for breakfast and then continuing to walk around the house without seeing him laying in our way or hearing him playing with his toy. Sometime last night, I was thinking of how upset I was that we didn't bring his toy for him to hold onto because even though it's all torn up, he loved that little guy.

When we hauled Spaz off last night in his carrier to the vet, Dakota definitely knew something was wrong and was barking nonstop.
This morning, Dakota seemed less energetic (and he still does). He went to his bed all by himself and moped around. He didn't even eat the 3 bacon treats we threw him, he just let them bounce off his head onto the floor. I know Dakota knows that Spaz isn't here anymore and although that means there is nobody to bully him anymore, that also means he can't stand at the bottom of the steps and bark at Spaz to play with him.

My family is already talking to me about another cat and has showed me cats on our local Humane Society website and on petfinder.com and there's definitely been some cute cats, cats with funny names, and cats that fit what we're looking for (In our area, a kitten, and good with dogs. Spaz wasn't the best with Dakota but that was because Spaz was already an adult cat we had for years and then suddenly we brought in a dog he didn't know). My grandma even said she wasn't opposed to getting a bonded pair, which is 2 cats that were in one listing and came together. I already know that when we do want a cat, I want to name him Pancake to match my friend's cat, Omelette.

Again, thanks for the best memories ever Spaz.

And thank you guys for the kind messages to me and Spaz.

Azurain:
May that good sweet boy rest in peace over the rainbow bridge.

DylanCheetah:
I remember when my family lost our last 2 cats. I wish you all the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version