Author Topic: What would you like to see added in the game?  (Read 21843 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
What would you like to see added in the game?
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:45:14 pm »
What do you want to see in the next patch of FeralHeart?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:55:26 am by Deucaliorn »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see added in the game?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:03:51 am »
hmm

Hunting, maybe?  Or new animals to actually play as?

but the source code would be needed for these but it would be nice
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:10 am »
Honestly, I don't ask for anything more than the Staff can give- I'll always be grateful for the opportunity to play FeralHeart and be accepting as to what they put in and what they do not. It would be nice to see all of the old maps returning alongside the new ones but I believe that might not happen; because everyone would just revisit the old maps and probably stay there to hold onto the old memories that they had created. It's difficult for members to move on sometimes.

I believe I would also like to see some new textures, for example; the paths on the ground in each map - presumably to represent how the grass has been beat down by the thundering paws of adventurous wildlife and over time, that grass has been completely removed to make a pathway - perhaps could have faint, various pawprints of wildlife that have been seen around FeralHeart; like hooves, feline and canine pawprints! All scattering down the paths to and from each portal to another.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:07 am »
Truthfully I'd just like to see some new maps. c: I'm in love with the updated maps, as they have far more detail and "life" to them than the old maps did before the update. In terms of foliage, detail, and general "prettiness" -- Granted, we've lost our old and beloved landmarks [like the + and stone bridge] but now we have the opportunity to make new ones.

IF we had access to the source code [which we don't], but IF we did then I'd be cool to see:
  -Being able to layer markings
  -Change opacity on markings
  -Different species models
  -Being able to grant other members the opportunity to add people into a group themselves, so you don't have to share a recruiting account. Similar to how some MMORPG's function, where there is a ranking system and only members of a certain rank can add and remove people.

Anyways, regardless I'm grateful like Shurtle for just the opportunity to play the game, and whatever happens I'll make the most out of it.

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:25:47 pm »

I believe I would also like to see some new textures, for example; the paths on the ground in each map - presumably to represent how the grass has been beat down by the thundering paws of adventurous wildlife and over time, that grass has been completely removed to make a pathway - perhaps could have faint, various pawprints of wildlife that have been seen around FeralHeart; like hooves, feline and canine pawprints! All scattering down the paths to and from each portal to another.

Possible with existing technology.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »
Got my eye on this thread. Keep the ideas coming :)

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 08:11:48 pm »
I REALLY want a savannah/TLK-style map. I used to really like doing lion rps in the more savannah-esque parts of Flourite, and I'd really like to have a map for that kinda rp, along with other African rp. If it gets made, I hope there's at least three dens, and maybe some large structures to have TLK rps on.

I'd also like a snowy/cold mountain type map. It would be good for husky rps, wolf rps, or any other rp with animals that live in colder regions.

Last, a map similar to Skys Rim would be awesome for mythical creatures.

I also think it would be cool to have pawprints/hoofprints of other animals, like Shurtle said. Maybe the exist prints could change depending on the map?

Lastly, I think some more new music would be cool, but if it doesn't happen I can live with it.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:02:42 pm »
Oh dear... where to start?...
Well, if we didn't have a coding barrier (Or a server barrier... or even a tech and knowledge barrier!)...

I know this is quite the ambitious idea but what if we had NPCs that we could interact with (Quests/Combat/Trading/Misc.) and the world changed seasons over time and our actions, as a community, changed the world around us.

See just reading that alone is quite a bit.

Perhaps a lobby you could sit in and talk with friends before choosing between an "Action" and "Role-play" server, the action one having the things mentioned above and the role-play one being what FH is now (With fixes and more features of course).

I'll go ahead and split this into two sections now, I like action so there'll be quite a bit for that one.
---Action---
--Very large world with mountains, forests, valleys, rivers, plains... not all just 1 type either... snowy, grassy, volcanic, swampy.
Dens spread across the land that could be home to many NPCs that interact with eachother, whether it be simple trading or fighting or even just exploring as if they to were players.
--Caves and/or dungeons (as extra maps) spread across the land that anyone could explore to find things that they might be able to use that re-spawns after a short time.
--No 'Levels' of any kind, this has always been a problem with multiplayer games... ppl get ignored simply because "they're not good enough." and it always feels like a bad thing to have.
--Large complex puzzles in dungeons that simply can't be solved by 1 person alone as well as simpler ones that can, with only a slightly larger bonus (to whatever you get from dungeons. xD) for solving the more complex ones.

---Role-Play---
--A lot of maps that gradually change to new types of scenery as you go through them (from grass to grass-snow to snow and volcanic and swamp and even some unrealistic areas.)
--Much more parkour... LOTS more parkour... (easy and complex.)
--A finished "Movie Maker" o.o

---Both---
Perhaps some premium stuff ppl could buy just to show their appreciation for the game, nothing game changing, just some cool stuff like maybe a nice crown or something to show that they helped fund the game.

Whew... that would take a long time to make. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »
I'm just gonna go simple and say that I would just like to see some new maps. Especially a rain forest map. With a nice long rain weather cycle, nice thick trees.....all that good stuff.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:27:41 pm »
If we ignored the whole source code issue, the very first thing I'd want is just tons of bug fixes and slight touchups. A bit boring, yes, but I feel its better to just make sure the game is completely stable before adding new stuff.

Aside from that, I'd also want some changes to be added to items and markings (as in the actual tabs, not just adding new markings/items) so that the ordering of the items and markings wouldn't matter, which would fix a lot of issues with people having different item packs and such. And an increased maximum number of markings would be great, too. Or maybe even some sub-tabs within the items tab to organize them instead of having to scroll through a giant list. Just any updates to the item and markings tabs and how they work would be great, though sadly that'd require the source code, so I doubt we'd be seeing anything like that for a while.

Oh, and a way to be able to actually fly at a pace faster than a snail while having wings equipped. That would be nice.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?