Author Topic: Preset Help!  (Read 1312 times)

abba

Preset Help!
« on: September 03, 2021, 01:30:46 am »
This is my first time posting on a forum, but here goes nothin'!

I was trying to use this free preset of the Wolf's Rain character Toboe (created by 0Abari0 on deviantART for anyone curious!), and it comes up fine in the Preset Maker - but won't export. It keeps giving me the 'Failed to export preset' error.. which is strange, since a pervious preset from the same batch (Hige) exported, and works fine?
If anyone has any advice or fixes, please let me know! I'd really like to use this preset to roleplay with. :\\

p.s.: I've tried changing the preset folder and redownloading the preset, but nothing happens..

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 01:54:40 am »
Preset exports do often fail and/or glitch like that.

Try these solutions:

Solution 1 - Try using different preset folders

Solution 2 - This trick:

Quote from: Delay
//3) Messed up Preset Exporter
So, you are probably lookin' here because issue #1's solution did not work. Well, I'm here to tell you why that reason is.

You have a problem with your exporter. This was proven whenever I managed to export and see someones preset just fine, while when they exported it, no one else could see it.

So far there is not a known fix to the exporter; I'm told that reinstalling does not help.

But what you can do is, send a trusted friend all of your textures and your .material for your preset, and have them go to their log-in, type your username in, then go to the preset maker and export it. This will export it with your username. Now, they will send you the file, and then other people will be able to see it.

The ONLY reason no one else would be able to see it even after this process, is because they have a shot exporter too.

Solution 3 - Alter your username through the User Panel and remove the stop symbols in your username.

Solution 4 - Perhaps try deleting the two folders all together, copy and pasting one of the working folders and re-naming/coding everything according to number?

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

abba

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 02:02:23 am »
Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I tried the first two parts of this tutorial but they didn't work out for me- do you know how I could alter the text in the 'User Panel'? I'm going to try deleting the folders and trying again.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 03:08:26 am »
Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I tried the first two parts of this tutorial but they didn't work out for me- do you know how I could alter the text in the 'User Panel'? I'm going to try deleting the folders and trying again.
Go to Home > Top right corner; User Panel > Log in > Scroll down to Change Username.
I noticed your username has a lowercase a. Maybe could change it to an upper-case if you don't wanna change it overall?

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

abba

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 05:51:11 pm »
Hi again! Sorry for the late reply, I got sick. x.x

I ended up fixing it by deleting the pre-existing folder, created a new folder under the same name and copied everything over and it worked somehow? Thank you so much for your help by the way!!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 08:01:36 pm »
Aye glad you got it figured out! Thank you D-ead for your help ^ -^ I'll be locking this since the issue is solved~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort