Author Topic: FlyingGrass' Workshop of Mysterious Tinkering  (Read 8029 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
FlyingGrass' Workshop of Mysterious Tinkering
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:16:41 pm »
I've consolidated most of my creations into one topic.

The zip files will have a preview.

Table of contents:
Sounds
Textures
Emotes(Those are in a separate topic)
Presets(I have no downloadable presets yet, though)
Objects(Still a WIP)
Animations
(Continuing into another post) Maps
(Also second post) Misc code tweaks.

SOUNDS All sounds combined:Google Drive
Rename the files to either roar1 or howl1.

Contents of .zip file:

I don't listen to death-metal music, but I wondered how the howl would sound when replaced with a death-metal scream, so I've found a death-metal scream and converted it to MP3.

The death-metal scream doesn't belong to me, nor does the program I converted it with.

Please make sure to turn your volume down when using this howl, it is loud.
I couldn't trim the length of the howl without messing up the beat, it won't fit with the normal howl animation, but it fits perfectly with Hakumi's Animations.

Rename the files to roar1 for death-metal felines.

Dj Alex K - As I Rise Again, turned into a roar.
I found this on my PC, and thought I'd make a roar or howl out of it.

Again, song doesn't belong to me and neither does the editing program I cut away most of the song with.

It's still required to turn your sound down when using this.

Barely fits in a howl.

Bee Gees - Staying Alive, turned into a howl/roar.
Another song I found on my PC.

This song doesn't belong to me either, and I don't own the program I used to cut out most of the song.

This is the loudest howl/roar in this topic so far.

Pac Man dot eating sound, as a run sound, requested by VortexAlive.

When using this sound I hear a constant buzz in my left earphone, I'm not sure how to fix it.
I have not played Pac Man in a long time, so the space between each sound is purely from my memory.

The Pac Man sound does not belong to me, nor does the sound-editing program I used to snip it from the continuous sound and fix the space between each sound.

Nyan Cat running sound, requested by Ellen11v.
5MB file.

The Nyan Cat song doesn't belong to me, neither does the audio-editing program I used to cut out most of it.

Good idea to turn down volume.
This is a 26-second long file.

The twinkly start of the song is a walking sound.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight howl.

The song doesn't belong to me and nor does the program I cut away most of the song with.

This is very loud.

Rename the file to roar1 for felines that just say "Eeeeee".

It Burns! Burns! Burns!, turned into a roar.

The song and program both don't belong to me.

This roar is really loud!

Doesn't fit in a howl.

Scatman howl/roar sound.

The song and program both do not belong to me.

This is a howl/roar sound, I haven't tested it with the normal canine animations but the start fits well with felines.

Mechanical roar(Portal 2 'Robots FTW').

The song is from Portal 2, not mine. The program, Audacity, is not mine either.

Gostbearslegacy roar.

I didn't make the roar, I simply cut it out of the trailer. And I didn't make Audacity.

TEXTURES I've made new textures for part of the land/HUD.

Screenshots
The 1st cloud resembles an explosion.

The 2nd cloud is the moon.

The 3rd cloud is a gear.

The 4th cloud is a lightning bolt.

The 5th cloud is a star, to bring some night to daytime.

The 6th cloud is a love heart.

The 7th cloud is a sun, a sun I made myself.

The 8th cloud is Superman.
(The lighting is another cloud from this pack)

The 9th cloud is a simple raincloud I drew.

The 10th cloud is a simple Tyrannosaurus Rex head I drew.

The 11th cloud is realistic lightning.

The 12th cloud is simple eyes I drew.

The 13 cloud is an astronaut.

The 14th cloud is a black blob I drew.

The 15th cloud is a scribble I drew.

Clouds download: Google Drive.

You look toward the horizon, only to turn the view back to the other side of the sky as you saw the monster sun radiance rising to eat you. Make your sunrise/sunset spookier with this.
Download(Right-click the image then click "Save As):

This is a Killroy Was Here sun radiance, but it's not the exact "Killroy was here" image.
Download(Right-click the image then click "Save As):

Pat your characters or shoo away the invisible digital flying insects with the glove cursor.

"Did I tab into FH or did I just tab into the desktop?" Mouse pointer cursor.

Not be able to find your cursor again with this grass cursor.

Blinking cursor.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10TPWZ5ThkLv7Lm-CqYTSvXbdiJs2pofv

Bubbles that scroll up the screen while underwater. Will replace `gui.overlay`, but the rest of the files contained don't replace anything. The bubbles aren't reflective, feel free to try to make them reflective.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sweivfBiVdmk8qe2hRbSO-8_ef7NRBEv

The ground textures come from Brokami's FH HD mod I believe, and are not included in this bubbles mod.

Semi-futuristic interface re-texture.
screenshots

Instructions and some important notes:
Simple install method(Will install everything): Drop the Media folder from the .zip into the main Feralheart folder, say yes to replacing files.
Selecting what to install(Installing parts of it): Open the Media folder in the .zip file, using the folder names inside as a guide of what folder to place the files into.

To switch the buttons: Remove the number 2 from the button names.
------
Notes:
Backup your files before installing re-textures.
This does not include a cursor re-texture.
This does not re-texture the clouds.
This contains 2 versions of the buttons, digital buttons and blue-text buttons.
This also re-textures the signs, the Character Select screen, and the loading screens.
Please let me know if anything glitches or is missing.
------
The drawn parts were made using Paint.net, part of the portal retexture I drew using GIMP.

The loading screens are not mine, and are copied-and-pasted photos I found by googling around (Googling "Robot Wallpaper", "Circuit wallpaper", etc), with the exeption of Loading0.
Loading screens
This Sparrow Industries one is the only one drawn by me.

Circuits.

More circuits.

Even more circuits.

A circuit pattern.

A mechanical cat.

Gears.

A mechanical dog.

More gears.

A Google Chrome theme(Core 1).

Download:Zip file via Google Drive.
Portal code to make the portals have a sort-of bouncy layer:Material file via Google Drive
-----
Credits:
FlyingGrass(Me).
Kuri(Portal code, I just removed some layers from the code and suddenly part of the portal started bouncing).
Paint.net(Paint program)
GIMP(The paint program I used to create part of the portal texture)
The creators of the pictures on Google.

Nose mask edit.

I've edited the nose mask to recolor the lips and around the eyes as well.
I've also made a version that doesn't recolor the lips, but keeps the shape of the lips and the eye recolor.
And a version that only changes the shape of the lips and around eye textures.

Screenshots
Textures ingame might not exactly match what you see on the tin.

Downloads:
Lip recolor:Zip file in Google Drive
Just new lip shape and around eye recolor:Zip file in Google Drive
Just lip and around eye reshape:Zip file in Google Drive

Almost-recolorable mech eyes pack.

The shine is very hard to see, but it should be your character's eye color.

Camera lenses found on Google.

The files will have gibberish names, rename them to the name of the eye mask(s) you want to replace.

Download(Right-click and save image as):
Spoiler

Grass re-texture.

Grass too bright for a dark ground re-texture you have installed? This darkens the grass a bit and adds a bit of depth to the texture(I think). I don't own this grass texture.

Download of a .zip file:Google Drive

Manual download and preview(Images will need renaming if manual download)

EMOTES https://www.deviantart.com/flyinggrass/art/FlyingGrass-Emote-Pack-773782219

PRESETS Here is a preset I completed back in march 2017, I found it on an old harddrive and completely redid it since it was just the lion preset from the first slot with some wounds painted onto it.
Here are some photos of it(You may want to grab a bucket):

Blood warning!
I couldn't get the eye to be transparent although the eyelid could be.
I made it in 2015 and after a long time of me not knowing it was there, I found and remade it in 2017.

This is not the only preset that was made back in 2015.

Update line!

I wondered what would happen if I used Paint.NET's~fractal~functions(I~can't~seem~to~type~this~in~without~something~between~the~words~that~isn't~a~space),
but put both fractals in one image. Then I tried making a preset with the one image.
Screenshots
It's the exact same on both sides, and all parts use the same image.

Should I make the fractal preset public? It was a breeze to create, but many wolves running around with such bright colors would be eye-burning to some.

I tried drawing scars.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Download .fhp file: Google Drive.
Those with Preset Sync will see a Mechanical Wolf preset without downloading the .fhp file.

Puresoul

Preset download(It is too big to upload to Preset Sync):Google Drive.

OBJECTS Working on updating all of them.

ITEMS Not yet.

ANIMATIONS I've created feline animations.

I didn't focus on the realism, but I made sure the paws don't sink into the ground(I stopped the body from sinking into the ground in the Lean pose, no more quicksand ground). The uncurl animation has been changed to end in a collapsed position, at the cost of the smoothness of the transition from plop to curl, but now uncurling will make your feline look as if it has collapsed.

All versions are downloadable in DeviantArt. https://www.deviantart.com/flyinggrass/art/FlyingGrass-Feline-Animations-V1-and-V2-V3-added--740375420

Canine animations:Can't find file yet. Not sure if I can find the file, but I'll create canine animations later.

I made a backup of the save file of my feline animations, then started messing with the emote animations. Download!

If anything breaks/glitches, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Now that this is posted, I don't know what I should do with the topics in other boards.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 08:39:13 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' creations topic(Links now working)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 12:04:02 am »
What do you mean the lion isn't included???? I want my money back. >:C
I really love the emotes though. And the Killroy mod. It's too freaking funny. Oh and the grass cursor. But for some reason I feel I'd get angry if I downloaded it....

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 12:14:48 am »
Editing this post to continue into this post because there's too many characters in the first post :D

MAPS:
Sparrow Industries:
This is a map of where Gui was built, a building of the future with rooms of both house and laboratory theme. The scientists both live here and work here, building to the tune of the clangs from the nearby junkyard. Located in a massive clearing in the center of a busy city, there's no buildings around for a mile, so this building had to include the features of a house as well as lab and hospital equipment. Not far inside the entrance, you'll find remnants of this building's long past.

History of the building:
This building started with its walls gleaming and not a brick out of place, but it was a factory that endlessly tried to create new ways of keeping devices close by, until the building's pristine condition came to an end due to no-one wanting a phone bolted onto their head when they heard of possible complications. Sparrow Industries took over the building after a year of it slowly falling apart, and the building was soon transformed into a most-in-one structure. Months after the building was mostly refurbished, scientists created a prototype Mechanicat(Gui's full story can be found here) and slowly worked on it over the course of weeks until the accident happened with a prototype wrecking ball smashing through the building, the rebuilt building gained new scientists and Gui was not found until Kanwut returned from vacation and asked about the mech, Kanwut was told that the mech must have been set free.
Not long after the announcement of a working prototype, many industries started making their own mechs, with some even competing, but Sparrow Laboratories is still standing to this day and is still active.

Screenshots(OUTDATED!)(Spoiler alert: I screenshotted every room):
Spoiler
The whole map, viewed from the corner.

Old assembly line.

Research room.

Bathroom.

Kitchen.

Mech assembly room.

Office room.

Training room.

Mech Repair Room.

Waiting/recovery room.

Test tube room.

Jumping room.

Simulation room.

Inside the simulation room.

Teaching room(Old room).

Lounge room(Old, but updated when I finished the map).

Laboratory(Old room)

That's all the rooms, not counting the hallways that lead to the rooms although the halls have no decoration.

The creation of this map:
May 2017: Finding a map I made in 2014 made me want to make another building, so I started a whole new map from scratch in which I started to create a futuristic-building map. I started with making some sort of assembly line meant to bolt phones to creature's heads, then I made three rooms but the rooms would decrease in detail as I made more rooms, the laboratory room was the first room I made and therefore it became the most detailed so far. I progressively grew more and more bored with creating the map as it was a huge building with so much overwhelmingly empty space. I stopped making the map.

Back to September 2017: A stream of ideas flew into my head. "A building map!... Nevermind, I am not putting together the walls of a building again. *Sees future map* Hmm..." I added three more rooms to the future map, then decorated the rooms in a hospital theme. "Ok, three rooms in the hospital theme... This is not just a hospital building, more rooms it is!" With the theme in mind, I added more rooms and decorated them with lab equipment. Whenever I ran out of ideas on what to put in a room, I just moved onto creating another room, which led to a few not-entirely-decorated rooms for imagination. I encountered a bit of frustration when the Ctrl key occasionally failed and objects zipped around, but I didn't give up creating the objects and the map itself. I shared the objects I made myself as I know the feeling of not having practiced enough to create what can't be found.

Unknown day o.o : I moved away the contents of the Exports folder, then I ran into a crash while exporting the map the first time, but it exported successfully the second time. The map was finally complete enough to upload! I uploaded it here, and that's where this map's creation history ends.

The day this was updated: I got the motivation to work on this map again, and worked on it for a whole day, adding a laptop and removing the lamps from the assembly line(The assembly line is empty now, a room for imagination to run wild). I added music to the map that is played by a cube in the building, stitching four songs together I think I avoided the deafening click that normal music makes.

As well as the game rules that still apply here:

Do-s:
Do roleplay here if you want to.
Do use this map for a group if you so desire.
Do make up the history/age of this building, but don't make it the official history/age of this building.
Do use your imagination to decorate the building, this buildings decorations are not limited to what you see, but don't rate/compliment the decorations you imagined into the map.
Do host lab roleplays here, this building is sort-of lab themed.
Graphic roleplays may take place in this map, but please keep graphic roleplaying to private chat.

Don't-s:
Don't claim land in this map.
Don't claim this map.
Don't claim the objects in this map.
Don't roleplay in General chat if there are others in a different roleplay currently in the map.

Object credits(Not including the objects I made to put into this map):

Thierry: Extra Basic Shapes, Walls(Walls and vines).
Bloo: Medical Pack, Animal Pack, Space Pack, Pandaren WoW Pack, WoW Creatures Pack(Many decorations).
9962: Warrior Cat Meshes(Herbs growing in the forest near the junkyard).
Glave: City Stuff(Traffic cones).
Jayfeather55: Alien Pack, Food Pack, City Mesh Pack(Many decorations, parfait).
Taizer: InfiniteObjects1, InfiniteObjects2, InfiniteCards, Assassin Collection, DreadWolfStatues, MEFurniture, Technojunk(Many decorations).
Sameth: Glass Pack(Glasses of mysterious potions).
Tetsune: Amnesia Pack(Many decorations)
Kevin Macleod: Hep Cats, Local Forecast Elevator, Retrofuture clean, Zazie (All four songs in this map).

The people listed above are to thank for making this map possible!

Download link(Updated):Zip file in Google Drive(Working link now!)(239MB) If there is any problem with the file, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.
The map may be subject to updates and/or bugfixes.

The portal will have the name "MechaSparrow Laboratories".

Assembly podium V1.

The interface modifications are not included. The interface is still WIP.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sQuCSbv-VQnQPkIzYsj2F9vGBqcShX-z

Assembly podium V2.

Again, interface modifications not included.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v0Llzs28vxIh3kCRpdJ_DAZIVqli60ZE

Planning to make a Snakes And Ladders map.

What do you mean the lion isn't included???? I want my money back. >:C
I really love the emotes though. And the Killroy mod. It's too freaking funny. Oh and the grass cursor. But for some reason I feel I'd get angry if I downloaded it....
The lion may be obtained by going to Map Maker and pressing "Test". c:
The grass cursor is not recommended for use by those who constantly have grass showing on the screen, failure to look at sky may cause temporary loss of ability to find cursor.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:04:40 pm by FlyinGroundSalad »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:50:25 pm »
Added the Extreme Expression Animations!

My presets.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' creations topic
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 05:25:33 pm »
Updated! V2 of my feline animations has been released!

My presets.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
Re: FlyingGrass' Workshop of Mysterious Tinkering
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 04:26:06 pm »
Update! Released emote pack!

My presets.

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 05:42:30 pm »
Ooo, you have an interesting lil' project going on here. Great work as always! <3

Flurr

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:52 pm »
Love your creations Gui! I can tell that there is hard work within these, and it is amazing to have somebody like you in this community. <3 Can't wait to see more!

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 03:58:41 pm »
Thank you, both of you! Sorry I'm late to reply.

I've added a blinking cursor, and a scrolling bubbles underwater screen overlay.

EDIT: I forgot to add the preview of both.
EDIT EDIT: Preview added now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 04:05:58 pm by FlyinGroundSalad »

My presets.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 04:17:06 pm »
You are quite a busy bee! Look at all this tinkering! I like all these goodies you got here. A lot of interesting sort of creations that are pleasantly unusual. Thank you for sharing these with us. I do look forward to more!