Author Topic: Bi/Tri Monthly Community Surveys  (Read 5229 times)

Calvary

Bi/Tri Monthly Community Surveys
« on: March 13, 2019, 07:51:12 am »
Now hear me out, the title isn't that appealing, but I feel it would be a nice touch, and also may help bridge the gap between Community and Staff a bit more. This is also something MOTS can help pitch on, so bear with me as I explain a tad more.

As we all know, the community enjoys being creative and bringing around new ideas. Previous ideas in the past, for example, were the International Board, Localization, Merging Art Boards, and all that good stuff. All these ideas were something the community has been adamant about. The more attention it gets, the more staff looks into it.

Now, the tricky part comes in. Deciding if the idea should go through, and what ideas should be put in first if they are agreed upon. That's always a tough decision, but what if the community got the chance to decide what becomes a priority to be dealt with first? This is where these surveys come in.

These surveys of course, would be continued every few months, or at least when each project is finished. The survey would consist of a few well-liked ideas that the community is very outspoken about, and such ideas would be put into a survey to be voted on. The community would be voting on which idea/suggestion should be implemented first, and what should be a priority. Of course, there would only be a few ideas put up at a time, as well as the most voted one would be the one to be prioritized as something the community wants the most.

I feel this would not only help staff to know what should be prioritized for the community, but a way for the community to let staff know what they really want to see put out there the most. This also gives MOTS a chance to reinforce their power, and keep staff on track with what the community prioritized.

This is just a brief idea of course, I'm also too lazy to format this entire post. However, feedback is very much appreciated and I would be happy to have things added on or removed to fit a general idea!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Bi/Tri Monthly Community Surveys
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:00:13 am »
it's late for me rn so i can't really think much of anything to add, but i do like this idea! i think this would go well with contests/events/etc as the playerbase can choose what they want to participate in.

dunno about an international board because that'll be difficult to maintain in an english forum but it could? i know that chickensmoothie has one and it's pretty lax.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 08:13:16 am »
Very interesting idea Cal.

Perhaps this can be a side thing that the staff can do to help improve certain things. After taking into account the priority of bigger things, provided there are bigger things that need to be addressed first, staff can look into these things brought up by the community and possibly start working on implementing them into FeralHeart.

Depending on how many suggestions there are, let's say 10 for example, on the survey there could be a selection of 5 that we can vote from. If there are let's say 5, we could either vote from all five, or narrow it down to three.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:57:05 pm »
I like this idea a lot.

I've always thought there should be some sort of community involvement in the decisions made for the game. I would love to see one board dedicated to community ideas perhaps in "Game Opinions & Ideas", one thread dedicated to all ideas or polls even. I think, for one, it would lessen the amount of general threads but give the community a place to put all of their thoughts without fear of being locked. Something like this would be great. I would love to see us, the community get involved more. <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Dinhosaurr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • they call me the rice whisperer
    • RE-CONCILE
    • Re_concile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 02:26:17 pm »
The community is greatly notorious for their great ideas and suggestions. Everyone has a different view that they want to express to both the community and the staff. Surveys, I feel, would help staff better understand the insight of what Members would like for the game and the community intertwined.

Staff already prioritize the enjoyment of our fellow community members, and they work dutifully to come online and make sure that everything is in order. When all of their priorities are set aside, having time for these surveys would be delightful for us all, I assume. I would like to believe that staff do note and consider all ideas ! If the community can narrow down 5 main ideas that they enjoy, they can send it off to MOTS to handle alongside the Staff team.

You all and I alike, make up a big percentage of the game, and giving them the opportunity to help out will exceed the clouds. <3

⁎⁎⁎
| pfp asawillow |
| sig peachano3o |

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 03:25:06 pm »
Everyone already saying what I've thought petty much. Love this idea Cal!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 04:16:02 pm »
just so long as it doesn't get too chaotic and possibly kept anonymous if it's gonna be done like a true blue survey
i'm down to clown.

this could also help encourage the idea of having a priorities list maybe? one that's public, at least.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Online Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 06:36:27 pm »
I like the idea. :)
doing what i feel like

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 07:37:26 pm »
Short answer: YES please! This would be so easy to implement and could have a designated "Forum Polls" board, similar to the Game Polls board that already exists. Google Forms is also another tool that can be used if a certain survey required typed responses to questions.

edit: Google Forms not Docs LOL. Losing my mind.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:00:59 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 07:59:00 pm »
I'm sooo down for this idea. Hoping this gets looked into and becomes a consideration. I've always believed the community should have a way to see what could be coming up in a few months so they would have the time to prepare and or give input and suggest their own ideas to help staff and MOTS create new things and add on to old things for the game.

A specific spot where the polls could be posted, and maybe a little "news" like thread of which gives a bit of info of what is to come. Maybe even a spot where the community can post under and give their ideas and suggestions for like, future patches/contests and what could be worked on.
Maybe a spot where the members can see what staff are currently working on, but of course there could be more secretive stuff that is kept in the staff room only.

A bit of a messy response to this, but I'm sure you all kind of get what I'm throwing down. Can try to explain better if need be. (:
artwork by dehvina