Author Topic: the way in which items in maps work..  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
the way in which items in maps work..
« on: February 20, 2021, 07:27:22 pm »
i can't be the only one who loves making maps - i currently only do private ones as a rule of thumb and i did take a bit of a break from december until like.. threeish days ago.

here's what i'm thinking now that i'm back at is, and if this is something that can't be resolved, it's an oh well - just thought i'd suggest it. the pitch, yaw and roll arrows really should just be number plugins like nearly every other object control- i understand they're limited to what appears to be a 360 axis and that could be troublesome? not sure.

here's what i'm talking about- this panel right here.

right now we have the little arrows to adjust p/y/r items and it's really frustrating trying to perfectly place things down- usually you over or undershoot by just a hair and it gets old fast.

i just need to know what other people think of this system - do you think it's fine as is?
and if we could theoretically change it to plug in numbers on a 360 degree basis, would you like it more?
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline BluuLeopard

• Leopard Of The Lost World - 2011 💙🌊✨
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Re: the way in which items in maps work..
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 11:04:42 pm »
I'm not as experienced in map-making, but I have made plenty of my own maps before, for private use, and I can agree that; rotating the objects to get the angle that you just need is very frustrating. I think it'd be a great idea to include a solution that would create an easier way for players / map-makers to set angles for various objects.

However, I'm no coder, and not sure if it'll be easy to include. It'd be helpful though~
Avatar - bluuleopard.deviantart.com
Profile Signature - Phobic-Art

Offline Burning_gold

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Here we go again
    • View Profile
Re: the way in which items in maps work..
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 12:10:35 pm »
Daaaaaamn, that'd be helpful A LOT
Yo, back here
Again