Author Topic: Help me please.  (Read 1856 times)

apocalypsecurse

Help me please.
« on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:39 pm »
           I had heard that people could go to all these worlds by going to The Cape of The Distant Worlds. I know to put the stuff in a folder into the 'exports' folder, but which folder am I putting in to the 'exports' folder. The folders I have are: 'My_presets' 'Media'  'Presets' and 'screenshots'. Which one of those am I putting in the 'exports' folder? This will really help. Thank you.  :)

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Help me please.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:46:24 pm »
I don't think I understand your problem correctly, but you should not move any of the original folders.
Maybe you should just review some tutorials that explain how you should install maps.

Also, like the sticky in this board says, you shouldn't post help threads here, we have a separate board for those topics.
Moving this for you.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »
To get to The Cape of The Distant Worlds, you do not need to change anything.
If you're in Lonely Cave, you turn to the water, there's a portal there which leads to Cape.

If the issue is that you want to go to a private map, you need to download maps. They are usually given out through mediafire. You can find public maps here:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=21.0

You'll need this software or something alike if you want to un-pack the files:
http://www.fileparade.com/listing/110355/winrar?pid=466&cmpid=37517&plcmtid=484201&cveid=1286997&gclid=CPi31YvJ4rICFeR3cAodTFsACw

The files shall be extracted to Feral Heart > Exports.

Hope this helped.
RETIRED.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:33:52 pm »
If your wanting to download a map you need to get the map link and download it then open the download and save the downloaded folder into:
Windows>>FeralHeart(Folder)>>Exports.
After that you need to close FH and then Load it back up again and go into 'Cape of Distant Worlds.' If the portal isnt to be seen then you must do the following:
Go into Windows>>FeralHeart(Folder)>>Exports. (If there is a ReadMe read it and follow the instructions.)

Then look for the folder you downloaded and put everything from inside it into 'Exports'. Close your FH then load it back up again and locate to 'Cape of Distant Worlds' and your map portal will be there.

If you are asking how to get to 'Cape of Distant Worlds' then the poral would be located above the waterfall in 'Ficho Tunnel' bachind a smaller waterfall. It can also be located in 'FlouritePlains' On a small island, south of the map, OR the easy way is going to the feather icon in the tool bar on the bottom left and click on the 'Home' section and 'Go Home'. If your home is at another map server then simply click 'Reset Home' In the same section.

I do hope this helps you and if this is what you was after. Good look :) If you have any questions PM me.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:42:13 pm »
You don't need to put any folder in exports. Whenever you download a map and the .zip or .rar file contains a folder, open the folder and get the files from there in exports, not the folder itself, only the files from it.
If the .zip or .rar file contains no folder and only the files, get the files in the .zip or .rar file into exports
If it's just a .fhm file, save it to exports
Good luck! ^^

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 01:39:02 am »
Heh. Exports are for downloaded maps. The different worlds are the portals to the those downloaded maps. Find a Feral Heart map that you like, and download it. Then when it's downloaded, copy and paste every file into the FeralHeart>Exports folder. Unless there are sounds or something in the map.

Most maps you download should have ReadMe texts. Read that if you need help.

~~Alaskan~~
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:15:18 pm by Alaskan »

Offline lizdeda

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 04:41:24 am »
When i login everything id okay and i created a charecter without problem its just that when i click start everything turns black except my charecter and the tools but there is Nothing else. NO MAP NADA. Please help! i just registered and downloaded the game!!!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 07:46:04 am »
First of all, you're in someone elses thread asking for help.

Anyway..

Try uninstalling the game, delete the folder completely and install it again. I had the same issue earlier today and re-installed the game, which solved the issue.

Hope everything sort itself out for you.
Good luck.
RETIRED.

aszia

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 08:07:19 am »
Hello, I have recently become a mac book air. I would so very much like feralheart on games, only he does it not??? The old version worked well but could not and now I had to do and so the new who is doing it alone, I don't even get him started!
Help ...

(the phrases are perhaps a little weird, translation site)