Author Topic: Help with games Map Maker system  (Read 1834 times)

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • To your DOOM you may come
    • View Profile
Help with games Map Maker system
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »
I am attempting to create my first map, only using the Map Maker given to us under the Tools in the game on the menu. Every thing is well and fine placing and creating objects, exepction with weather and getting the land to rise up and create hills to place things on like in Florite Plains or Endless Plains, which ever. But every time I name the map and try to save it, I get the same message, "invalid map name" so i try another and another and another, but nothing is working. Could you please help me figure out how to save a map on Map Maker so I can come back to it and add on to it? Also How do I add the weather? How do I  create height features without using another program like Gimp or Photoshop, cause I ain't downloading them and trying to work them.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
Sekhmet
Sarafina Offical
Shadow Warrior
Anubis
~To your DOOM you may come~ Hades UW God

CloudFish

Re: Help with games Map Maker system
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16:56 pm »
Found this a long-time ago, and this has helped:

At the Login screen, Click Tools > Map Maker. Here, you'll see a blank slate. Under 'Map Name:' type in YourMapName (NO SPACES). Under 'Map Display Name:' type in Your Map Name (with spaces if applicable). Click Save and exit FeralHeart.

full tutorial can be found by clicking here.

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:21:15 pm »
Found this a long-time ago, and this has helped:

At the Login screen, Click Tools > Map Maker. Here, you'll see a blank slate. Under 'Map Name:' type in YourMapName (NO SPACES). Under 'Map Display Name:' type in Your Map Name (with spaces if applicable). Click Save and exit FeralHeart.

full tutorial can be found by clicking here.
If this doesn't work then what?
So save and exit without putting anything on the map?

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:27:03 pm »
You're only having problems with the invalid map name deal right? it isn't crashing?

Since you can't use gimp or the like, really I suppose you could use paint and try to make it all into greyscale; but really it is much simpler to download Gimp since it is free. You are not able to make heightmaps without the following saved settings also; which in most cases you will need one of the above mentioned programs

513x513 pixels
one layer
greyscale
png
no alpha channel (no rgb colours)

you can however make a flat map, just saving it with the things i mentioned in the other post

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:37:10 pm »
You're only having problems with the invalid map name deal right? it isn't crashing?

Since you can't use gimp or the like, really I suppose you could use paint and try to make it all into greyscale; but really it is much simpler to download Gimp since it is free. You are not able to make heightmaps without the following saved settings also; which in most cases you will need one of the above mentioned programs

513x513 pixels
one layer
greyscale
png
no alpha channel (no rgb colours)

you can however make a flat map, just saving it with the things i mentioned in the other post

hmm, how do you create a height map, greyscale thing anyway? I want it in spicific places, can you do that through the above programs?

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:42:03 pm »
If you download Gimp (found by clicking here):

you will be able to make height maps with various heights (hence the name)

a tutorial for this is found by clicking here, the one i referenced in the beginning.

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 05:43:37 pm »
If you think watching a video is easier, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW06Rat6lq0

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 01:28:16 am »
There can't be any spaces or symbols in the name.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline ScubaDiver4life

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 12:01:55 am »
If you think watching a video is easier, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW06Rat6lq0
If you download Gimp (found by clicking here):

you will be able to make height maps with various heights (hence the name)

a tutorial for this is found by clicking here, the one i referenced in the beginning.

Thanks guys, I'll try this out!!!