Poll

Do you think the textures in the game need to be changed?

old version is fine
8 (57.1%)
i want new ones
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: February 19, 2019, 03:13:05 am

Author Topic: Game Texture Update  (Read 1764 times)

Offline 10lizards

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Game Texture Update
« on: February 12, 2019, 03:11:09 am »
I think the game would look more consistent/interesting if the textures were updated from the semi-realistic stock image look to something more cartoonish that would better match the design of player characters. Has anyone else brought this up or agree ? I'm going to try making some examples eventually.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Game Texture Update
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:38:20 am »
Quite frankly, I think the textures the game has right now are a perfect mix between cartoony and realistic. It introduces the player with a fun, but realistic enough approach to the game, without being overbearing. It looks nice and friendly without being overly kiddish, and realistic enough to the point that you feel like you're running around an actual piece of land.

Players can also download and install, even make their own textures for the game depending on if they want something a little more realistic, or cartoony and simple if they want. I for one was content with what I had for a long time, and actually I still prefer the original over some other mods and textures when it comes to the map's textures. That's mainly due to my own personal liking, however.

I'm not apposed to the idea, rather I am interested in what others may say as well.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 05:08:49 am »
I personally don't like how the textures are for default FH. Tis why I use texture mods and stuff to make it look better. So like Ame, I'm not against the idea at all but would like to see what others think.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 05:48:00 am »
honestly, the people making the patch could probably ask around for people who've already made textures to creature new ones or ask to use ones already made
refurbish the game a bit and actually
you know

make things slightly less -Removed by moderator- looking as the kids say.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:00:45 am by PocketMutt »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 05:52:54 am »
Never really thought about the graphics that much. Always kinda thought it was FH's style, like a unique thing. I personally think better animations would be nicer but this isn't about that. I'm not against the idea of updated graphics but I'd like to see what they look like first.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:56 am »
I was literally just yesterday thinking about what would it be like if we got different textures in the Official update xD.
What I came up with is that, the textures we have right now are just fine. There’s no need to change them because it will lose a touch of that Original FeralHeart (it already did with the first Patch and new maps ;-;). So I think that if they were to be changed even more, the game just wouldn’t be the same. Some people really like textures that we have now. I do believe that there should be more types of meshes and flowers and what not.
The reason why I don’t agree with retexturing officialy is the fact that some (many I assume) people won’t like it. It will be like the first patch all over again. You removed something that most users loved very much (yes I’m talking about old maps) and gave us something that just changed the whole concept of maps we use. In a way.
As with all textures, you can create your own or download something that someone already created. There are some user-made game retextures out there that are pretty cool. I didn’t see anything too cartoon-ish yet, but who knows, maybe someone will do it in the future? ;)
If you don’t wanna wait, why don’t try it yourself? Who knows, you might like it and it could be fun!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 04:15:50 pm »
This is an interesting topic that I personally have not seen brought up in the past.

The style of FeralHeart is a unique one, as wolfdog01 mentioned in the comments prior. I think it really boils down to preference. There are those that will prefer one over the other, or those that simply are okay with both. As I prefer realism, I am not against this idea. There is a nice balance, though, between both worlds as of now.

Though right now, I think everyone is happy to where they can choose what they like best. Choice. I would love to see other responses though. I think this is a great topic that the community has never really spoken about before.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline mysz

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 04:31:11 pm »
For me it's nice idea, because I really into realism.
I use texture mods, but original textures is great too.

Offline Dinhosaurr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • they call me the rice whisperer
    • RE-CONCILE
    • Re_concile
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 01:07:32 am »
This is an intriguing topic !

Undoubtedly, this thought must have crossed every player's mind once before within their duration associated with Feral-Heart.
I must say that I agree with Ame88 with their approach on this.

The textures that the game has right now, and has had for quite some time is a perfect yet casual blend between the two "cartoony" or "realistic." The player is given the opportunity to customize their look in a way that may befit their ideal "realistic" regard with the given markings, or they may casually have fun, free colors and markings that will exaggerate the cartoonish side out of default texture.

Moderations to Feral-Heart aren't a new feature, and perhaps a good amount of players tend to create their own textures; presets; markings, and more to bring out what kind of design they would like for their character ! I primarily enjoy the original texture over many more "realistic" textures or some "cartoon" textures for those like the feline model, etc etc. Many players will prefer one or the other but having a nice blend will attend to the desires for both kinds of players, but it does depend majorly on preference of the player.

This is just my opinion, and everyone's else was great to read !
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:09:29 am by Re_concile »

⁎⁎⁎
| pfp asawillow |
| sig peachano3o |