Author Topic: Shay's Feral Heart MAC extension  (Read 2966 times)

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Shay's Feral Heart MAC extension
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:04:41 pm »
Hey guys! I know a few other people besides me have had trouble getting FH to work with MACs, but I have found success! There are other member made tutorials for this topic out there, but everyones computer is a little different and this is the way that worked for me so figured I would share :)

This is a pretty simple download considering most of it is Raz's Mac/Linux Setup which can be found here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=56782

Follow the steps and pictures and you should be off to a good start, however, once you get into the game you won't have the same maps as other players and will be unable to see other people in certain maps, and won't be able to see your friends pop up on your map. 
-TO FIX THIS:
- Download https://www.mediafire.com/file/y64cdcvcdkzoot1/FeralHeart.zip/file (which I believe was made by Bloo so thank you!)
-
press download and wait for the folder to appear in your "downloads"
- Then you want to go to "play on Mac" where Feral Heart can be opened and run, and press the "open directory" tab

- Your feral heart folders will pop up with everything including "media, terrains, textures, sounds, etc..."

**I already did this so yours will look different!!!**
-Now take the Feral Heart folder that you downloaded from Mediafire and select ALL the contents and drag it into your existing folder and press "replace all"
- Open up Feral Heart and you should be able to see everyone and have access to all the maps.

This wasn't a very well thought out tutorial but I'll come back to it and re-word or add more images/detailed descriptions if this is too confusing. Anyway, hope this helps those of you who ran into the same problems as me.
GOOD LUCK!
- Shay
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Shay's Feral Heart MAC extension
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:01 pm »
.//claps

Back at it again with the Mac tutorials eh, Shay? Good for you. :) Surely this will help a new generation of newbies and their Macs.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline shayy

• World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:52:21 pm »
.//claps

Back at it again with the Mac tutorials eh, Shay? Good for you. :) Surely this will help a new generation of newbies and their Macs.

HAHA! Of course, c'mon you know me ;)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 08:57:49 pm »
This is very kind of you to share, Shay. I'm sure many MAC users will find it extremely helpful! +Floof <3

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline shayy

• World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:42 pm »
This is very kind of you to share, Shay. I'm sure many MAC users will find it extremely helpful! +Floof <3
Thank you so much! <3