Author Topic: Can connect to user panel, play game tab, and forums, but not game itself.  (Read 2432 times)

delores

I'm using the top row of numbers, caps lock is off, play game tab is open while game runs, I have turned off game, went to play game tab, then logged into game in different orders. I use tethered 4G data, which I hear may cause issues. My username is short and there's no special characters anywhere. The error is 'incorrect username or password (5 failed attempts causes 15min ban)' instead of 'can't connect to front server'. It started with 'can't connect to front server' then I logged in to the play game tab and now it's incorrect username error. Any guidance?

delores

Re: Can connect to user panel, play game tab, and forums, but not game itself.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 04:54:32 am »
Also, I reset my password and username, I tried both my old password and old username, nothing's working.

Offline Burning_gold

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Here we go again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 08:56:26 am »
Make sure you've downloaded patch, and try to refresh play game tab a few times. If didn't work, try restarting router/reconnect with wifi/use different wifi.
Yo, back here
Again

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 08:05:11 pm »
Make sure your keyboard setting/language is set in English
Farewell everyone<3

delores

Thank you for the ideas, but it's still not working after trying again today of this month. >:^( Guess I'll have to make do with an alternative Impressive Title-based private server until this either gets fixed or until I get broadband internet (could be an issue with 4G internet despite 4G internet functioning similarly to broadband and not causing issues for me except on websites that specifically block mobile IP ranges). Might still stick around the forums though, I mean there are nice people here even if I can't play the game and maybe some day I'll get a response that leads to me fixing the issue (or maybe the 4G one was right but I have no means of testing that right now but 4G hasn't caused me problems on most sites and even other Impressive Title-based servers).

Also, I hear from another thread contacting staff is a good idea. Which staff member should I contact? One of the moderators saw this thread, but I don't know if moderators have much information about the technical side of the game and its server. Razmirz is inactive and says "do not contact me directly please" and LordSuragaha appears inactive, those two are higher-up administrators.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:08:59 am by delores »

SpicyDirt

Sura is pretty active still - generally we will take issues like these and bring them up further to her. I am sorry that you are still having these issues. I used to have this issue when I first joined the game (mine was my slow internet caused me to type my password wrong) so I know how frustrating it can be. This old thread might have some ideas for you: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=6120.0 or https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=36925.0

delores

I got it to work finally. Just needed to update my password.

SpicyDirt

I'm glad you got it figured out! Since you've found the fix, I'll be locking this thread. Feel free to contact me if you need to re-open it. :)