Help & Guidance > Game Help

How do you make a map??

(1/1)

Wolf-Freak:
Ive been on FH for awhile now and ive been on some rps with AWESOME maps. My question is, How do you make one? someone told me something about GIMP I think once. Also how do you export and put it on mediafire? The whole enchilada. The more info the better.  Any help is greatly apprectiated. Thanks in advance. :P

Rimfrost:
You dont need gimp or photoshop to make a map, those you need if you wanna do heightmask =)

But to make a map, just click on Tools and then Map Maker, start to name the map and then put out trees, rocks, plants and so on.

Save sometimes, and when you are done, save x) Then click on Export ^^

To put it on mediafire, just click on Upload

Redlinelies:
Well, we do have this tutorial here on the site, but it's somewhat outdated, it should give you the main idea however.
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=11

I will try to explain as easy as possible, and someone else might fill you in some more later.

But yes, you need gimp or photoshop for the mapmaking, and actually some basic knowledge on how to use it.

Now lets say you already know how to.

Go into the game and create a new map in the map maker, give it a name and just save it. Don't do anything more or less.

Now go into C:\FeralHeart\media\terrains

Find the watermill folder and copy the watermillterrain.png picture, and paste it into C:\FeralHeart\media\terrains\(the  mapname of the map you created here)

That way you will have a already completed heightmap inside your map folder.

This is just the heightmap of watermill though. so once you tried it inside the map maker, loading it for your make and seeing the heigth differences, you'd need to open it with either gimp or photshop, and then edit it around.

Save the picture as a grayscale image without layers and something like 512 x 512 in size.

once you enter the map maker the next time it should have a different look.

That's the basic you need to get started.

Learn by doing I'd say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version