Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

Removing the shoutbox

(1/4) > >>

partyboy:
To some, the shoutbox is a useful tool to ask for help....but it clearly says you cant ask for help on it so y do people always continue to ask for help? Maybe to solve that problem the Feral Heart admins and moderators should take the shoutbox off of the home page and instead of the shoutbox being there they could replace it with more useful information like thoughts for the next big patch, or maybe a notification box on really important items like when they are going to take down the game or servers for maintenance....but that is just my opinion on the matter.  Please tell me your opinions or thoughts on the matter but please keep language down to a pg-13 level so we dont anger the admins and mods of the site and game.

Thank you and have a nice day,
partyboy

Redlinelies:
There has actually already been thoughts about removing the shoutbox completely already.

The reason why the text was added telling people not to ask for help, is because it's a part of the site that's hard to keep track on, new users is constantly asking for help there since it's the first thing they see and don't want to look further, but usually never get any help at all. We do have a forum help section for a reason.

The reason why the shoutbox is still there is so people can use it to be social and actually give out shoutouts. If people don't even want to have a shoutbox there I think we'd be able to remove it without any bigger problems.

Not too sure we'd need a notification box or similar on the main page though since we already have a row ontop of the forum index.

Toxikk:
Honestly, I never use it..
So I wouldn't mind it there or not.

Kyugima:
  I have used it before but as I can't use the box to log in anymore I can't, but I don't think it should be removed just because people ask for help there.

-Chase-:
I know Im not well known here and such so my opinion doesnt mean as much as it could XD

But.... ya now when stuff happens... like big stuff... example: the plains crashing. People dont want to "waste" time making a topic, so they just go to the shoutbox and ask if anyone else is having the problem.. and its a nice place to chat when the servers are down 8D but I do have to tell people allllll the time not to use it for help... even though it says DO NOT USE SHOUTBOX FOR HELP in all caps... bold.. red letters... -_-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version