Author Topic: question to staff  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Dylanfox

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • just a 23 yr old that owns a furry roblox game.
    • /channel/UCD-FpoSZWsZMoA0xoECvAu
    • View Profile
question to staff
« on: September 05, 2018, 03:45:20 am »
do you staff roleplay at all in feral heart??? if not that's like oof cause you should have a day where you roleplay on public maps with us ^^ I wonder how you staff roleplay  :o
just a guy

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: question to staff
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 04:15:18 am »
Occasionally, we do! Mostly, it all depends on if we have time available, since the majority of our work done on and around the game takes up most of our FH time. Since the job of the staff is to keep their eyes and ears peeled over what's occuring in the chat and the map, as well as handling reports on the forum, the roleplay takes a seat on the back burner until that work is relatively done. I personally quite like to roleplay every now and then, when I can.~ In the past, we've had staff members who have actively participated in roleplay groups while still maintaining their moderator duties. A couple times every year or so, staff hosts a Feral Heart Official Roleplay Day (or in the case of the last event, a festival that stretched over a two day span), where they will join in with the community for a large, collective roleplay event; as many staff as possible try to join in on the fun.

I don't tend to roleplay as often as I used to, simply for a lack of available time. Every now and then, I do love to join in on some spontaneous roleplaying, though. c:

(Moving this over to the Game Discussion board as I think the subject matter fits best there.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:17:09 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 02:06:38 pm »
Casually stumbles upon this during my dog walk.

I used to roleplay back in 2012-2013.
I went from -sniffs- to many paragraphs at a time.
I had never roleplayed in my life before I stumbled upon FeralHeart and it taught me well.
Though, I do not find myself a good roleplayer, and I believe I would struggle these days.

I believe this was why the concept of the roleplay day was implemented.
To get everyone to interact more, especially through roleplay.
RETIRED.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 05:27:02 pm »
I personally don't join roleplays anymore, simply because I can't find the time to do so, and like Nynx said how it clashes with other duties, but the rare roleplaying I do is usually via Discord or otherwise.

FHORD is one of my favorite FH events for this reason thu.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:37:34 pm »
When I was a staffer back in 2015-16, I was involved in quite a few groups such as Seether Carnage, The Arai, Somber Dominion, etc.! I had a bit of time on my hands, and so finding a balance between roleplaying and performing my duties as a staff member was rather simple to achieve.

I still occasionally roleplay, but that’s become less and less frequent as my schedule became more hectic. Roleplays now are mainly done with friends outside of the game itself, though I might join a group or two again if I ever find the time to do so. FHORD is certainly something I would find myself attending as well!

In-game user: Panzramic

LonesomeRider

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 06:58:16 pm »
Ohh this just popped up from the others~ I used to rp heavily and I still do! I am in Nuntis Pack but haven't been the most active within there, though I still make time to rp between classes and duties on FeralHeart and outside of it. I've never participated in FHORD but I may do so this year cx.

Calvary

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 09:30:19 pm »
I have to agree with what was said above. I rarely find time to roleplay within the game nowadays, but I may do so or join some groups if permitted! I honestly love roleplaying and it's fun with other people.