Poll

Thoughts on these groups?

We need to give new, less stressful ways for people to have fun.
8 (36.4%)
We should give younger people a chance.
4 (18.2%)
Half of them should be like this but the other half should be less mature.
8 (36.4%)
I think that they bring order to FH. We only need these rps.
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 12, 2018, 12:43:13 am

Author Topic: Thoughts on all these literate, mapped, and sited groups?  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Howlingmoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hello! I'm now active on FH forums.
    • View Profile
Thoughts on all these literate, mapped, and sited groups?
« on: October 23, 2018, 12:43:13 am »
I've noticed that there are no more fun RPs that welcome the younger people anymore.
I hate it.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on all these literate, mapped, and sited groups?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 01:19:56 am »
To be honest, (not trying to hate on the advanced roleplays)
I've been looking for a roleplay and I realized that a majority was "mature, literate" and those are technically things I can't really reach.
And I agree as well, I wish that there were more RPing that welcomed younger audiences, I have some pretty bad stress when it comes to roleplaying, I'm a lazy person and I'm not used to it, I don't think it's really that necessary to summon all of the 900k details you could fit in a post, literally writing a few sentences stress me out when roleplaying but not in writing other things. But I think this happened because we lost quite a bit of the audience because the login page and they didn't know how to get into the log in page, which lost all of the smol innocent children.
I remember getting kicked out of a RP group, and even told "to leave the game" because they found out I was younger than they thought, although they weren't so harsh at all, they sort of lectured me and I still think about it every now and then and it ruins my mood.

I do agree with you, I don't detest anyone who does roleplay groups like this, or it's just that I get pretty nervous and scared when posting, some kids were on the game and asking to RP with some people, I got sad when they got turned back but I was sort of doing the same thing too, I wasn't saying "yes" because I wasn't exactly comfortable either though, but that was a pretty long time ago so I most likely changed my attitude over time.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 02:56:58 am »
Personally, I'm fond of long-term and organized roleplays, and having everything laid out all nice and pretty on a site, though I would love to see some more of the random "jump in whenever you want" RPs that used to be around quite a bit in the good ol days (y'know, the TLK rps in Bonfire, stuff like that. I don't see them around too much, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places..). Or even some more long-term RPs that are just more relaxed and not heavily plotted. I think everyone has different tastes, so a healthy variety would be quite nice to see.

I don't really think any of these styles of RP are necessarily "bad", just not everyone's cup of tea. I hate being 'that guy', but if you want to see RPs that are more your taste, then you should try making them yourself! ^^ The only people who make FH rps are FH players. Or if you're not the leader type, try finding like-minded people and inspire some more RPs similar to what you're interested in!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 03:07:25 am »
Oooooh, I've noticed this as well!
I feel like the main Feral-Heart audience has matured & grown up with the game, though. So, I feel like it makes sense.

However, I do honestly miss seeing some of the "less mature" kind of role-plays, & I always thought those were fun to join into from time to time. Definitely less judgmental.

However, I do rather like literate, mapped, sited groups, because I know a lot of care has been put into the creation of that role-play! Therefore, it's more likely to stick around than something that's just been thought of & meshed out within 2 minutes. (Notice how I said more likely! This is DEFINITELY not always the case.)

I always appreciated the role-play in younger/less mature role-plays though, because it was always fresh & inventive & fun. I quite like the "random" side of role-playing, where you & the others hash the story out as you play it along... if that makes sense.
The thing I kind of dislike about role-plays now is that they have stricter plots, which is fine & all, but I'm more of a "gimme a loose description & some fun characters/role-players" kinda gal.

I do think a lot of people tend to stick up their nose at younger role-players. Certainly not fair. They have to learn, just like you guys did when you were younger, ya'know?
I used to host a role-play back in '15/'16 & I remember that I would accept everyone, but I would have little "role-play learning" sessions where I would help others improve their writing skills. Kinda dull at times, but it was helpful to a few members, for sure! :)

Interesting topic. Lots of ideas here.
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 05:38:37 am »
i typically roleplay with anyone willing to put in effort

but that's just me.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Giorno

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Ground Control to Major Tom;
    • midnightPepsi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 01:03:24 pm »
If I'm being honest, they really intimidate me! I tried to join one that had a site, a discord server, private map etc. and ended up quitting without even attempting to roleplay. They were a really friendly bunch and I'm sure we would've gotten along great, but I got extremely overwhelmed!

I love and appreciate all the effort that goes into organizing a group like that, but they're definitely not for everyone.

[BIO] -x- // [DISCORD] filthy mccree main#1781

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 05:13:57 pm »
I personally don't like sited groups. Or groups that are mostly (if not only) active on Discord. I do enjoy when groups have a private map or more maps, that always makes things more fun and interesting, although wish that there are more groups who don't look at literacy too much, but still look for at least semi lit people to join.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:18:47 pm by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Howlingmoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hello! I'm now active on FH forums.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 09:15:26 pm »

I don't really think any of these styles of RP are necessarily "bad", just not everyone's cup of tea. I hate being 'that guy', but if you want to see RPs that are more your taste, then you should try making them yourself! ^^ The only people who make FH rps are FH players. Or if you're not the leader type, try finding like-minded people and inspire some more RPs similar to what you're interested in! [/color]

Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually making a beginner friendly RP called Bonfire foxes! ;)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 10:25:01 pm »
I've always been a fan of the sited roleplays, however not so much of privately mapped ones ^^" Websites for roleplay groups are a great way to organize information such as rules, media, and events. Though I think privately mapped roleplays take you away from the community a bit :c I love interacting with passerby and hate having to split myself between a map where just a few people linger and roleplay at a time or a big public map where you can see and talk to many people.

As for advanced roleplays that require utmost literacy, there was a great time for them when they balanced out with the not so literate rp groups that focused on beginners and having fun. However, now I think they are in a surplus and they're all you seem to find. With registration still opening randomly and very few actual beginner players coming in at a time, the truly beginner players are left with almost nothing to choose from. Older players hide away in private maps giving the public maps a very empty look and feel, and they rarely come out other than to recruit, most often drowning out the one or two beginner roleplays.

The current population of FH, unfortunately, is only big enough to cater to one member group at a time, and with an overwhelming number of older players and a staggeringly low number of new players, it's not hard to see why most don't stick around.

You are amazing <3

Offline NKM9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I wonder what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
    • NKM9's Roblox profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 01:53:15 am »
I didn't read over what other people commented, but my personal opinion is many of the roleplayers in this community have been roleplaying for an extensive time so they don't want to deal with semi-literate roleplays. My BIGGEST gripe is people that can roleplay very well yet are either slow typers or spend loner than needed thinking how they'll respond. This appeals to many, and I'm sure many of us are what I just described or have encountered it a few times.

For both veteran roleplayers like myself that have been roleplaying for years and for the new ones starting out, a more relaxed and generalized roleplay group is needed. I have my Snuggle Club so people can mess around and roleplay when ever they want instead of being tied down by your character must be *this* must do this to have this ranking, and your character can't do this else you're not allowed to roleplay.

A simple summary: I have nothing against these highly organized groups that usually die out in a few weeks, but I do say there needs to be more groups that give players a larger variety of options to roleplay.

I like my dinner extra burnt by some mystical fire <3
Owner of the Snuggle Club of FH (PM me for Discord invite code)