Author Topic: Mixed markings packs  (Read 1769 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Mixed markings packs
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:17:02 pm »
When I saw people ask/comment about the marshmallows, I saw some people saying "You need to install Mass Markings", the rest said "You need to install Legendary Markings". When I was using Mass Markings, I spotted marshmallow tails and sometimes marshmallow heads, until I installed Legendary Markings after hearing that most people use Legendary Markings. I believe Mass Markings and Legendary Markings are sometimes thought to be the same, or I think I once heard someone say they were, IDK.
There is a confusion, but I understand if it can't be stopped, as that would require telling everyone to refer people to -Most used markings pack-... Or maybe telling them to not suggest markings packs. Or a sign could be planted saying "Install -Most used markings pack- to fix marshmallows" somewhere.

I need more proof this happens, I'm mostly surmising that there's confusion present, I only have memory of seeing this happen at least once. Have you seen mixed answers about markings packs? Did mixed answers happen some, most, or every time people were suggesting any markings pack(s)?
What do you think can/should be done about the markings pack confusion?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:48:08 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Mixed markings packs
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 05:56:42 pm »
I feel as though most people who refer the mass markings pack have been using that pack for so long and are unaware of the legendary markings pack. I don't think there's any real way to put a halt to the confusion other than keeping people informed. If you see someone advising another to install mass markings, simply correct them and let them know that legendary markings is the most recent markings pack c:

You are amazing <3

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:13:31 pm »
I see it quite a few times, but most people (including myself) will suggest using the Legendary markings as it is more used than Aug 22 and has a few more markings than it as well.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 07:51:07 pm »
I think a lot of people's intent is to describe what the mod is by the name it has always had, aka Mass Markings.
Then they go on to describe that the most recent and used Mass Markings pack is known as Legendary Markings.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 09:07:20 pm »
I think a lot of people's intent is to describe what the mod is by the name it has always had, aka Mass Markings.
Then they go on to describe that the most recent and used Mass Markings pack is known as Legendary Markings.

I must say that Scally's post displays exactly the same sentiments that I was thinking.

Here is an example:
Latest Mass Markings?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:57:37 pm by MoonlitSaint »

Signature art by Kynvuu

PocketMutt

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 02:54:39 am »
It took me longer than I'm willing to admit to download Legendary Markings just because I wanted to avoid confusion and I get a little unsettled knowing that someone else might not be seeing my character as I had intended them to be seen (this probably explains my reluctance to use a preset for my main). There are still times when people say they see my character with markings other than the ones that they are supposed to be and I've always had the suspicion that any commonly used markings mod might drive away younger users since it might be confusing for them (even after having someone explain to them). People are reluctant to do anything other than what's mandatory (including me) and, even though there are simple fixes, it still feels messy.
This probably all seems like me whingeing about it but it comes down to how casual users feel about it.