Author Topic: FeralHeart Feedback  (Read 21158 times)

SpicyDirt

Re: FeralHeart Feedback
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2020, 02:27:56 pm »
Just a reminder that this thread is for feedback purposes following the
the format below:

Questions:
Concerns:
Suggestions:
Other:

If you do have any questions that fit more into an "I need help" stlye,
please don't hesitate to create a new help thread on the help boards!
Game Help Site/Forum Help

Thank you all for the current feedback that we have!

Offline IssaThicky

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Just a Mac user here
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2020, 05:54:38 pm »
Question: when will we be able to download feral heart on macOS Catalina 10.15.5 ??? Same with playonmac, they no Longer update it so there is no way for me to be able to download it anymore
:(
Just your friendly nerdy Mac user!

SpicyDirt

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2020, 03:46:46 am »
Question: when will we be able to download feral heart on macOS Catalina 10.15.5 ??? Same with playonmac, they no Longer update it so there is no way for me to be able to download it anymore

Currently the Mac release is not looking like it will be released anytime soon. That being said, there are quite a few members in the community that are able to find alternatives - I'd recommend posting in the game help thread to find those people/alternatives. c:

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2020, 06:52:31 am »

I'm primarily a Windows user, but I do own a Macbook Pro in which I use/did use FH on. PlayOnMac obviously doesn't work with the Catalina update, and as it's a free program, they're working on it slowly and are in no rush to get it up and running. But there are alternatives, such as Crossover, but that only has a 14 day trial and then you have to pay a ridiculously large sum to be able to continue using it. While it does work, I didn't feel like paying that much for it. There's also Wineskin, but I haven't been able to make FH work yet. There are threads on here explaining how to use it, but unfortunuately it's just not working for me. I'm unsure if it's due to the newest update (because it's supposed to work with Catalina), but yeah. If I find any other alternatives, I'll let you know.

Offline ge33850

• Forum Newcomer
  • Your local introvert
    • ge33850
    • Mocha Wolf
    • innocentgamer
    • View Profile
    • Art portfolio
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2020, 10:16:03 am »
Questions: How do you guys feel about the creation of FeralHeart Unleashed? (Sorry if this seems irrelevant, I'm just curious if it will impact the progress of the original game at all)

Concerns: (None)

Suggestions: I think I agree with there being some lore to the game - even if it's just shown through areas in the game (eg, caves with paintings on the rock, maybe more structures that make you question who/what built them, etc.) And more diverse biomes sounds great too!

Other: (None)

*Edit: After reading through the whole thread, I also agree that more staff transparency is needed. I have no doubt you're all working on great things but it seems like all resent updates have been very hit or miss with the community, and that could be solved literally just by saying: "This is what we would like to do, what do you guys think?" and wait to see what responses come in.

None of us mean to come across as ungrateful when updates come out, but it kinda feels like coming home to see that your roommate has completely rearranged your house with no thought as to how you felt about it. Even if it is better than it was, some notice first would've been nice.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:21:26 am by ge33850 »
"You're as randomly lethal and entirely confused as you ever were."  - The Cheshire Cat, Alice: Madness Returns

SpicyDirt

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2020, 05:19:14 pm »
Questions: How do you guys feel about the creation of FeralHeart Unleashed? (Sorry if this seems irrelevant, I'm just curious if it will impact the progress of the original game at all)

Concerns: (None)

Suggestions: I think I agree with there being some lore to the game - even if it's just shown through areas in the game (eg, caves with paintings on the rock, maybe more structures that make you question who/what built them, etc.) And more diverse biomes sounds great too!

Other: (None)

*Edit: After reading through the whole thread, I also agree that more staff transparency is needed. I have no doubt you're all working on great things but it seems like all resent updates have been very hit or miss with the community, and that could be solved literally just by saying: "This is what we would like to do, what do you guys think?" and wait to see what responses come in.

None of us mean to come across as ungrateful when updates come out, but it kinda feels like coming home to see that your roommate has completely rearranged your house with no thought as to how you felt about it. Even if it is better than it was, some notice first would've been nice.

When it comes to the feelings about the creation of FHU, it is different depending on who you ask. Our main focus is more of on this game rather than what is going on with the other ~ so currently there is not much of an opinion on it. c: As for the lore being added to the game - that would be an awesome thing to see implemented into the game! If you go to Kibou, you can actually find some cave drawings in there! But I do agree, seeing things that make the community question and try to solve would be awesome. c:

As for the transparency, we are working on that. While it hasn't been too noticeable, you'll actually find more staff members in the game now and they are pretty active and approachable there! We also are taking the suggestions and such into consideration when it comes to this new patch. I think once a more set-in-stone idea comes along we will be having some contact with the community about it all first. We know that you guys aren't being ungrateful with this, and we know that you guys want to be brought in on the loop ~ but currently as we are still figuring out what we would like to do, that is somewhat difficult. c:

But trust me, all of your voices are being heard and are being taken into consideration!

Offline ge33850

• Forum Newcomer
  • Your local introvert
    • ge33850
    • Mocha Wolf
    • innocentgamer
    • View Profile
    • Art portfolio
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2020, 07:17:57 pm »
Thank you for responding! I guess I have nothing more to add then, I'll keep looking out for how things go - in all honesty I haven't played the game in a few months but it'll be interesting to see where the staff plan on going from here.
"You're as randomly lethal and entirely confused as you ever were."  - The Cheshire Cat, Alice: Madness Returns

Laarikin

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2020, 05:40:31 pm »
Questions:
Will there be fixes for major bugs such as movies not working when resizing the chat, the block bug, or phasing through objects and getting stuck in them?
How long do they think it might take to pop this update out?
What's it like being MOTS?

Concerns: I'm worried the update might be like past updates, whereas a lot of things changed and the community basically left. Hopefully before the update is released we can get a trailer or some sneak peaks at what's to come.

Suggestions: Add more content to the game, I don't mean more customization options or chat colors (tho chat colors for when you or a friend talks in local would be nice). I mean make the game more than a virtual chat room, add quests or activities. Just generally something to do, as not everyone wants to RP, and not all the time is there something to talk about. Kind of like with the old Ascension Island, we could have a parkour map or something fun to do.

Perhaps find a way to spread players out more, back in the old maps everyone was nicely spread out between Ficho Tunnels, Bonfire Island, and Flourite Plains. Now everyone is bunched in The Grounds. If possible, please see if there's a way to fix this issue. I know players are not always easy to predict in their actions.

Make the maps more diverse, all the maps feel the same, except for Kibou Ridge and the underwater map. It's either all a jungle feeling map or a forest feeling map. Bring in a plains map, a jungle map, a forest map, snowy biome, a swamp, a desert. Just something to add more variety. Though the old maps were barren, they were more diverse. Even the Ficho Tunnels feels like an underground forest for some reason. No offense to the map-makers, they did wonderful. We just need more variety is all.

Other: Sorry if I worded things in a way that isn't helpful or understandable, I tend to have that issue hehe
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:45:37 pm by Laarikin »

SpicyDirt

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2020, 07:27:28 pm »
Questions:
Will there be fixes for major bugs such as movies not working when resizing the chat, the block bug, or phasing through objects and getting stuck in them?
How long do they think it might take to pop this update out?
What's it like being MOTS?

We do plan on addressing all of those bugs with the next update. As for how long it will take, I honestly cannot say for sure. That right there is all up to the development team and how long they'd like to spend on projects, what gets approved by the whole team, and overall speed of work. c:

Being a MOTS is honestly an amazing thing and definitely worth it if you ever get the change! Being able to work alongside the staff and see what they do and why they do it really opens up a lot into why they make the decisions they do for the community as a whole!

Concerns: I'm worried the update might be like past updates, whereas a lot of things changed and the community basically left. Hopefully before the update is released we can get a trailer or some sneak peaks at what's to come.

Suggestions: Add more content to the game, I don't mean more customization options or chat colors (tho chat colors for when you or a friend talks in local would be nice). I mean make the game more than a virtual chat room, add quests or activities. Just generally something to do, as not everyone wants to RP, and not all the time is there something to talk about. Kind of like with the old Ascension Island, we could have a parkour map or something fun to do.

Perhaps find a way to spread players out more, back in the old maps everyone was nicely spread out between Ficho Tunnels, Bonfire Island, and Flourite Plains. Now everyone is bunched in The Grounds. If possible, please see if there's a way to fix this issue. I know players are not always easy to predict in their actions.

Make the maps more diverse, all the maps feel the same, except for Kibou Ridge and the underwater map. It's either all a jungle feeling map or a forest feeling map. Bring in a plains map, a jungle map, a forest map, snowy biome, a swamp, a desert. Just something to add more variety. Though the old maps were barren, they were more diverse. Even the Ficho Tunnels feels like an underground forest for some reason. No offense to the map-makers, they did wonderful. We just need more variety is all.

Other: Sorry if I worded things in a way that isn't helpful or understandable, I tend to have that issue hehe

To address your concerns, we've seen that from quite a few members of the community. Our goal is to keep the community happy while also respecting the development team's wishes and Raz's wishes. The likely hood for a sneak peak is somewhat there, though. I 100% cannot say for sure if it will happen or not though so don't take my word for it. c:

The suggestions ~ I really like your ideas and will pass these on to the other staff members. As for the return of the old maps, that most likely will not happen any time soon - if at all. That has been asked a few times and each get the same response ~ Raz honestly wasn't the biggest fan of those maps and wanted to give the community a more complete looking game. We are also discussing a way to get players to spread out from The Grounds (I personally think we should make it neon to push the others out cx) but that is sometimes easier said than done. Once you get them off one map there is a high chance they'll gravitate to only one other map. If you have any suggestions on that we'd be happy to take them!