Author Topic: Chat Guide  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Chat Guide
« on: September 18, 2017, 11:21:52 pm »

The chat box is the primary form of text-based communications in FeralHeart. It is usually initiated by pressing Enter.

• Chat Box Toggle
When you click this button, it will toggle your chat box on and off.

You can also toggle your chat box on and off by pressing the "C" key on your keyboard.

• Chat Types
There are different chat types in the game and you can change from one to another by clicking on the oval button above the chat box.

You can also hide chat types by clicking on the little arrow beside the chat box.

- Local: Anything you type into the chat box will be seen by anyone who is close enough to see your name tag.

- General: Anything you type into the chat box would be seen by anyone in the map. General chat allowed people to reach over 300 people at once, but it was removed back in 2013. You can read more information about the general chat and why it has been brought down here. If you type something in the General, it will be redirected to Local. General chat still works normally for roleplays and such in private maps.

- Group: The group chat is a special chat where any messages sent in it go to all members of the group. Any messages sent in the group chat will appear as green text in the normal chat window for all members of the group, but no one outside of the group; this is like a special whisper to the whole group. Only group members can see this chat, regardless of their character location. It also shows when someone in your group comes online or goes offline.

- Party: Party is a function used in Feral-Heart, that can allow a large or small number of people to talk together like they would in local. Except, the text imput into a Party message is retained only to the Party itself, and cannot be seen by anyone who isn't invited to it.

- Whisper: This function allows you to send a message to another player privately.

- Modspeak/Godspeak: The red text is an in-game command for mods. They might use their red mod text to warn other users about their behaviour. If a mod uses the red text, their identity will be hidden and it will only work for the map they use it in.

- Action/Movie: Whenever someone arrives in the map/leaves the map/disconnects/loses connection, you will get a notification in the chat window. The Movie Maker is a system in-game that allows players to post short videos and send them to the rest of the people in your current map. Published movies will be posted in the chat and if you want to watch a movie clip, you will have to click on the chat notification.

• Chat Settings
You can set your own preferences inside the options menu inside the game. Under the "Interface" tab you'll find these settings:

Chat Font Size:
This one explains itself, it changes the font of the chat.

Arrival Chat Name Type:
From here you can choose if you want to see only the character name, the user name or both, when someone arrives in a map. You can also turn off this setting by choosing "Don't Show".

Local Chat Name Type:
From here you can choose if you want to see only the character name, the user name or both, when someone sends a message in the Local Chat.

General Chat Name Type:
From here you can choose if you want to see only the character name, the user name or both, when someone sends a message in the General Chat.

Caret Offset:
This allows you to change the caret position and offset from text field.

Note: You can also change the length and width of your chat window by pulling it vertically or horizontally.

• Chat Troubleshooting

1) My chat box is transparent.
- Change your rendering subsystem.

2) I can't watch movie clips.
- This happens when you change the horizontal width of the chat box. To fix the problem, simply restart your game and login back.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:26:29 pm by Valhayes »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Chat Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:04:33 am »
Dang this turned out really good! Great job on this!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:17:03 am »
Ah, lovely little guide for the chat and its functions c:
Well done friend ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 02:48:08 am »
Lovely break-down of the chats and the chat features, Valhayes! Thank you! :D
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:19:15 pm »
Thanks for putting this together, Valhayes! This is a wonderful tutorial for users just getting into the game!<3
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 06:20:30 pm »
Beautifully detailed and presented. The usage and quality of .gifs is used perfectly in this tutorial, and the general simplicity of the layout and the information provided is also really great, understandable and well put for users. I really enjoy this tutorial, really well done with it.

+Floof I will be giving another tomorrow as I think it deserves two
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:34:40 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 05:33:03 pm »
Dang this turned out really good! Great job on this!

Ah, lovely little guide for the chat and its functions c:
Well done friend ^^

Lovely break-down of the chats and the chat features, Valhayes! Thank you! :D

Thanks for putting this together, Valhayes! This is a wonderful tutorial for users just getting into the game!<3

Beautifully detailed and presented. The usage and quality of .gifs is used perfectly in this tutorial, and the general simplicity of the layout and the information provided is also really great, understandable and well put for users. I really enjoy this tutorial, really well done with it.

+Floof I will be giving another tomorrow as I think it deserves two

Thank you all for the kind words! I really appreciate it. <3

Signature art by Kynvuu

Rilla

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:16 pm »
Nice breaking down the chat guide! I'm sure everyone will find this useful.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »
Jate bora! Good job!

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 03:53:05 pm »
Nice breaking down the chat guide! I'm sure everyone will find this useful.

Jate bora! Good job!

Thanks to both of you!

Signature art by Kynvuu