Author Topic: Impressive Title private servers that are reasonably faithful to the original?  (Read 2795 times)

delores

I know Impressive Space is reasonably faithful to the original Impressive Title, but a LOT of the wording there is in a foreign language and it doesn't seem to have a forum so it's an experience equivalent to picking up some obscure random Windows XP 2002 game in a generic sleeve from a pawn shop (aka it can be fun for a while but not in a way that'd make me feel confident in wanting to stick with it for 2 years). What else exists at this point? Impressive World isn't even active anymore. I've heard about Tribes of Wild and perhaps that's what I'm looking for, but I still want more options.

Features I miss from the OG Impressive Title are hunting and the original graphics (even if they're not quite as good as FH, I'm still interested in trying to play with them for the sake of getting as close as possible to reliving that time period where people played Impressive Title). I'm currently too lazy, likely have too insufficient of internet resources, likely can't afford website hosting costs right now, and probably am too tech illiterate to host an exact 1:1 replica of the IT source code, so I want to see what others have done that's reasonably close to the original IT (besides Impressive Space).

Also, I'm currently not getting the verification email for Last Moon. As for Cereal Soup: it seems like a nice place but I really don't like that it's stuck on Steam. There are some other nice IT private servers but idk how faithful they are to the original.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:25:26 pm by delores »

SpicyDirt

KITO - while the forum and game are no longer updated - the game still does exist and there seems to be a decent following in their Discord. DylanCheetah might be able to help you out further with that one since he works in the game.

Dragon's Den - the player base is smaller than it used to be but it follows the hunting and graphics you're looking for. I am not 100% sure if they have a Discord to find people, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one floating about somewhere!

Last Moon - I have never played but it seems as though it has those older textures with the hunting! I have no clue what the player base is like.

Dawn of Eternity - The forums seem somewhat active in their forum games section - but other than that I have no clue.

There are quite a few more - this page might be able to help you out: https://www.deviantart.com/united-minds/art/Impressive-Title-Servers-Updated-on-5-16-20-455021949 (Though that has not been updated in ages, there are still active servers on there!)

delores

KITO - while the forum and game are no longer updated - the game still does exist and there seems to be a decent following in their Discord. DylanCheetah might be able to help you out further with that one since he works in the game.

Dragon's Den - the player base is smaller than it used to be but it follows the hunting and graphics you're looking for. I am not 100% sure if they have a Discord to find people, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one floating about somewhere!

Last Moon - I have never played but it seems as though it has those older textures with the hunting! I have no clue what the player base is like.

Dawn of Eternity - The forums seem somewhat active in their forum games section - but other than that I have no clue.

There are quite a few more - this page might be able to help you out: https://www.deviantart.com/united-minds/art/Impressive-Title-Servers-Updated-on-5-16-20-455021949 (Though that has not been updated in ages, there are still active servers on there!)

Thanks for the thorough research! I'm sure this will come especially handy for people who are new to Feral Heart/Impressive Title. I still have yet to try Dragon's Den, KITO seems like something I need coding knowledge and 3rd party software like Visual Pro 2013 to compile myself, I'm unable to register on Last Moon, and I have DoE but I haven't played it yet.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Glasmar.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

delores

Glasmar.
I forgot to mention that. I only found out about it because I searched for 'Impressive Title' and clicked an image that looked nice, but it's nice to see somebody else confirming that Glasmar is a good ITPS.