Author Topic: Info thats spans Forum and Game topics. (discussion on Accounts for Staff)  (Read 2641 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
almost 7 years since Feralheart started, We had a great start. but now were in 2017, with those who made their accounts in 2011/'12. we are indeed old, in fact most of us dropped FH around 2014 and so on.
  I want to suggest to the staff, whoever has the list of current players to poke around that list, pull out those that were made in 2011/'12 and send an email to all of those in question of permission to deactivate their account, to provide info on why you want to deactivate their account [to make space for new members] and further info of their last activity/time in game and on forum. If the person replies with agreement to deactivate the account then go ahead.

If no one responds in a certain amount of time (Lets give it a month) then automatically deactivate.

Its not that hard.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Info thats spans Forum and Game topics. (discussion on Accounts for Staff)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 05:03:19 am »
It is a very well known fact that game accounts do delete from the server automatically after 2 years of not being signed into. So honestly this isn't a problem at all. If people from the 2011-2012 times still have their accounts, they must have recently logged in and still show a bit of interest in the game, and therefore do not need any of these emails going out to them. If they feel they no longer need their game accounts, they can always delete it themselves. Not to mention just the vast amount of player accounts they would have to go through, pull out, and deal with. It would basically just take up a lot of time when something like that isn't even necessary.

Hope this sorta cleared things up.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:13:40 am by Azura »

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:12:01 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe accounts that haven't been active for around a year or so (not sure on the exact amount of time?) already get deactivated automatically. Even if they weren't, I'm not sure personally emailing people urging them to deactivate their accounts would be the best way to go. Plenty of people manually delete their accounts already, anyways.

I'm sure if space for new members was a large concern, the staff would take action and let us know, or become harsher when it came to secondary accounts. I hope I'm not coming off as rude, but I personally feel that emailing older members wouldn't really be necessary at this time.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:20:49 am »
Moving this over to the inputbox as I feel this is more of a suggestion rather than a discussion

As stated above, yes, any account that has about two years of in-game inactivity will automatically be removed from the server. This is to prevent the server from being clogged with a bunch of accounts that aren't even used anymore. And key word: automatically removed. This means that the staff do not go through inactive accounts and delete them one by one. And yes while your suggestion does sound like the more thoughtful approach (because sometimes users do wish to return after years of absence), it simply wouldn't be efficient or even worth the trouble. Most of the time, when someone is inactive for two years, it's very likely they're gone for good. This is how it is a lot of the time around here. Secondly, to keep track of every single email we send, when we sent it, etc etc? And most of the time we may not get a response (maybe the person doesn't check that email anymore etc)? Idk, it just sounds like wayyyyy too much for us to tack on (on top of everything else we already do) especially considering it may not even be worth it

I hope this makes sense =0
Farewell everyone<3

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 05:29:33 am »
well i have an old friend he says he hasn't played or had any connection with FH since 2013. what do i find, his account still there.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 06:01:10 am »
They can always just go and delete it themselves if it is such an issue. ^^ That is their own choice.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 06:06:09 am »
I agree with everyone said in reply above.
If the accounts are removed automatically by the server itself, maybe it sometimes misses accounts during sweeps? I know that most if not all of my old, inactive accounts from 2+ years ago have been removed from the server. Maybe it just happened to miss your friend's account as it deletes older ones.

in-game: hooli

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 08:39:04 pm »
well i have an old friend he says he hasn't played or had any connection with FH since 2013. what do i find, his account still there.
Friends of mine have said similar things.

My only guess is that the program or whatever that automatically deletes accounts it's 100% efficient.

On the idea of e-mailing people about their account being deactivated, WolfHome/Play does the exact same thing. I see no harm in it.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 02:07:51 am »
Friends of mine have said similar things.

My only guess is that the program or whatever that automatically deletes accounts it's 100% efficient.

On the idea of e-mailing people about their account being deactivated, WolfHome/Play does the exact same thing. I see no harm in it.

👍

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 04:09:32 am »
This account is over 6 years old and I still use it (obviously). I don't really check the email assigned to this account that much anymore and I would be bummed out to find my account gone.
I actually do check my email via phone notifications, but for accounts that old, some people may not have access to their email or at least don't check on it.