Author Topic: Forum Layout  (Read 3384 times)

Valar.Morghulis

Forum Layout
« on: February 24, 2018, 05:40:20 pm »
Yea this was probably requested before but I'll request again xD

I know that the Forum is still under construction but I think that this is a good idea anyways

Forum main page doesn't really look that great right now.

I really like how the Manual page and Home page have these photos on the top.
If you guys could get these photos back, that would be great! ;D

Yeah this is a very simple idea, nothing that serious lol.
It just came to my mind today when I was scrolling through the Forum page

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Layout
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:03:25 pm »
Yeah I agree we need a new layout.
But something different. Give it a fresh new look. What would it be? Noooooo idea. I'm terrible with design. But I love this suggestion!

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »
Yeah I agree we need a new layout.
But something different. Give it a fresh new look. What would it be? Noooooo idea. I'm terrible with design. But I love this suggestion!

Yeah! Something different that will still have cool screenshots from the game, and maybe even some art!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 07:22:17 pm »
I'll be moving this over to the inputbox as this is more of a website suggestion rather than a game one :3

And yeah, I also miss seeing the squiggly lines, the screenshots, and the golden box on the forum page. Something to consider for sure~
Farewell everyone<3

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 07:28:50 pm »
I'll be moving this over to the inputbox as this is more of a website suggestion rather than a game one :3

And yeah, I also miss seeing the squiggly lines, the screenshots, and the golden box on the forum page. Something to consider for sure~

Yeahh! It was so pretty
I mean, the new update still has to come

If you know what I mean

huehueehuehueheheue

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 11:31:20 pm »
I must agree here. The new theme is certainly a very nice one, but I feel like it doesn't fit too well with the characteristic feralheart yellow, nor the popular purple or orange texts that are commonly favored by users. (also bring back the banners and map population bar thing from 2014 i deMAND it)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 11:44:55 pm »
I must agree here. The new theme is certainly a very nice one, but I feel like it doesn't fit too well with the characteristic feralheart yellow, nor the popular purple or orange texts that are commonly favored by users. (also bring back the banners and map population bar thing from 2014 i deMAND it)

That indeed is very true, I agree! :)

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 01:58:31 am »
I agree with the new banners upon the main Forum page etc. Yet as you stated 'we' are going through a website update and an in game update.

With that said I also agree with @Wyldercat to bring back the map population bar that hung around the side of your screen. I also agree with the new screenshots and art but in my opinion we need an overall change, if we are to add new things to an old site. Why not just re-vamp it? Make everything new. A new home banner especially.

As the site is currently under maintenance, my suggestion for the next edit upon it would be the tiny little rather annoying 'Dot points' that cover each line upon the Mini-profile's of the members and some other parts of the site like on the main forum page they are rather oddly spaced in the 'New Post' indication and upon the very bottom of the screen where it interferes with the Theme name, The html type etc. Editing this will easily polish off the website and make it look more completed than in maintenance in my opinion.

I am grateful we are finally having some changes and I am also grateful our wonderful staff are doing their best in to keeping this game/site up and running. I hope these suggestions are taken in consideration seeing they are wonderful suggestions and will help the over-all aesthetic of the game.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 07:26:31 am »
What's wrong with the old website banners?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 08:26:33 am »
What's wrong with the old website banners?

They are very pretty, but they show photos from old maps. We will need screenshots from new ones.