Author Topic: Fear of bigger lionesses  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Codaxunion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Tralalaa
    • Queen-Zafira
    • View Profile
Fear of bigger lionesses
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:35:37 pm »
My Lioness Denise is fairly large, right size compared to the males, big enough not to be classified as a cub. It's really hard to join prides with her nowadays because she happens to be bigger then the queens (which are about the size of a teen age cub). And in those prides the Pride females are the size of cubs (to show whose "boss" as I was told), while I the Males are huge. I remember I was wishpered I had to change Denise to certain colors because she was "prettier" then the Queen. My face was like, "what did that have to do with joining a pride). She only Brown, and white with Cyan eyes. They would also say I can't join because her colors are not realistic, Looking at the pride their will be lion/ess with the black eye feature, neko ears, bracelets etc. I would just walk away to avoid anything. Bonfire have a decent amount of Lion prides, but guess what, they are all cub sized, so when I ask to join or talk to their king/Queen. I get ignored

What I don't get is why Looks, and size have to effect the surrounding of a good lion pride.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Fear of bigger lionesses
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:57:37 pm »
I've been waiting for someone to make a topic on something like this. A lot of people get REALLEY unrealistic when it comes to size. I keep seeing horses that are less than default size... HORSES ARE FREAKING HUGE! Anyway, I was playing as my hyena, Chiwa, and requested to join a hyena clan, and I was aksed if I was a cub. I told them that my character was young, but has reached her adult height already, and I was turned down because I was "too small to be realistic." Meanwhile, the other hyenas were almost maximum size... some were bigger than the lions! Hyenas are maybe about the size of a small wolf... not 3 feet tall! So yeah, this is getting a bit annoying.

Off Topic: By the way, what did you use to make your signature, Crow?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:56:21 pm »
-Sighs- I just... Don't like people like that. "Realistic role-play" my rump - most of the lionesses are tiny and have almost white fur - plus very, very noticeable markings and blue eyes!
Now, I personally love brutish lionesses (hence why both of mine are maned and very virile) that are approximately as big as a male lion and have the same strength. The only problem I have with my lionesses is trying to find a group for them. I'm called unrealistic and it gets horribly annoying.
But, that's just my experience.
-Wolfie

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »
Pfft, this is a major problem with warrior cats xD The realistic size would be below default. But I see some warriors that are at least three forths of the way to maximum size. Really? Just because your name is Lionfoot or Tigerfur doesn't mean you actually need to be the size of a big cat! The maximum size for any realistic cat is default. Probably even a bit smaller. Just because your the "best warrior" or the leader, doesn't mean you need to be huge! I'm fairly certain that the largest domestic cat is probably a Maine Coon. The largest one on record weighed around 35 lbs. but he wasn't overwieght. Imagine having that crawl on your stomach xD But yeah.. Warrior Clans really need to get their game together x3

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »
Pfft, this is a major problem with warrior cats xD The realistic size would be below default. But I see some warriors that are at least three forths of the way to maximum size. Really? Just because your name is Lionfoot or Tigerfur doesn't mean you actually need to be the size of a big cat! The maximum size for any realistic cat is default. Probably even a bit smaller. Just because your the "best warrior" or the leader, doesn't mean you need to be huge! I'm fairly certain that the largest domestic cat is probably a Maine Coon. The largest one on record weighed around 35 lbs. but he wasn't overwieght. Imagine having that crawl on your stomach xD But yeah.. Warrior Clans really need to get their game together x3
One reason why they're so big is because FeralHeart doesn't exactly offer the most realistic housecat sizes, especially if role-playing with kits and apprentices - but I do agree. They are way too big, and should atleast - if fully grown - below the default setting of size, though not small enough to be mistaken for a kit. Another reason why I think is so you can see the characters better. So you can role-play them without having to F3 into someone's face, etc. Maybe it could be a way of showing someone their true definition of realism while this big.
-Wolfie

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:39:52 pm »
.... They asked you to change her look because she was prettier than the Queen?

This isn't a wedding people! Ayayaya.......

I have to agree with all the people above me for the most part... And can I just say that: Never. EVER, judge a book by it's cover. Which means, don't judge someone's character for how they look. It's just idiocy.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:55:59 pm »
This is truly getting annoying nowadays, I cant imagine how they would judge you like that, Even though they shouldnt have judged you, there must be a reason behind your appearance. People should think before they talk. One day, I created a lion to join the realistic pride in bonfire but they ignored meh.. So theres this other pride , not realistic but they accepted, I like those people, they dont judge a thing. I hope the sizes/appearance doesnt affect the roleplay unless its suggested I guess.

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 06:05:07 pm »

That is one of the reasons I rarely go in-game any more, apart from the high amount of lag I get. Anyway's, I understand that most like realistic role-plays, I myself when I use to go in-game would 'only' join a realistic or semi-realistic role-play as I didn't really enjoy the less realistic ones. However, I hated it when certain prides moaned about the exact colour of your pelt and made an issue with eye colour when others had markings which obviously isn't realistic, maybe you could class the scars as realistic, ear rims and cub spots but I would say that's it. But another thing is whether your character is bigger than the 'leaders' or had a 'prettier' appearance, now that really, really bugged me a lot. I do understand they want to be realistic but what does who's characters bigger or prettier have to do with anything? Some people just go over the top and a lot worse.

When I use to make a lion pride I wasn't exactly to strict about the exact colours although the markings I listed above tended to be the one's I would accept. I allowed the manes to vary between a blonde ish colour, blacks and browns 'no' red colours would be allowed as that is more Lion King style. I would allow the pelt colours to range from a sandy colour, light brown or maybe a dark brown. Of course I wouldn't allow items but I would allow others to have any eye colour they wanted. As for the size, since I was only allowing lions into the role-play you were able to use all of the scale bar, adult ranging from between default all the way onto the tallest you could go, teens obviously being the default size and a tiny bit behind or past and cubs obviously from the smallest size up to the default, but obviously if it was closer to the default it would be classed as a teen stage.

Here are a few pictures I have gotten off Google to show what I mean for the colours, picture credits to their rightful owners I don't own 'any' images shown:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDSFLW-qJ7-7Q3PJmnOJ0M4j8m5YDgtDEHiBQGCdR-GXfk9taI[/img]
So as you can see when it came to the actual colours and looks or size for that matter I wouldn't go over board. I understand that they want a 'realistic' role-play, but everyone in the feral hear community has different ways of doing things and the way their characters look and some have knowledge on different animals and different views to how they should be. But no one should be told to change their character because it is to 'big' or even 'prettier' than the leaders character, if you think your character is good and the way you want it then it should be left at that. If I was you I wouldn't listen to them and join another group, whether that be someone else's or you even making your own.

~Taylor

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:43 pm »
That is very rude of a pride to do to you hun. I am so sorry that happened, and that we have members like that in the community.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 01:53:08 am »
I can't believe people are trying too hard to be realistic in-game these days to the point that people are rejecting even the slightest so-called "unrealistic" feature into their roleplays.