Author Topic: Returning Members  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Members
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 11:37:56 pm »
I feel like, even though nostalgia has an important role in keeping Feral-Heart in many old players' memories, nostalgia alone isn't enough to encourage them to return to Feral-Heart.

In my opinion it's the recent events such as NMO (which caused many players to leave, threatening the game's lifespan) that has encouraged many to make a return, perhaps they think by once again becoming active in Feral-Heart and helping the community fix itself along the way, they'll somehow prolong the life of Feral-Heart.

By prolonging its lifespan, they'll be able to cherish their time with something they've treasured so much for a little while longer before it's gone.

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, nostalgia can only keep something alive for so long. You would need new updates and improvements to keep the life of a game, or whatever else alive. Sadly, as we know, the staff do not posses the source code so proper updates cannot be implemented. However I feel like they are doing a splendid job with what they can work with.

Yes some players had returned in hopes to keep the game alive during NMO's announcement, which indeed scared some players away, and I for one feel the ones who came back in attempt to help, alongside others, did a good job at helping to keep things positive during the confusion. It makes me happy seeing some of those players who have chosen to stick around after their initial return and the passing of NMO.

There's really no other game like Feral Heart, sure there's wolf quest and the Impressive title games but currently there's nothing out there that could replace Feral Heart. I believe that's one of the reasons old members keep coming back, new members continue to fight with the registration, and why we stick around.
(✿)

Yup! Exactly. FeralHeart really is unique in how it's built. Something about it is just very attracting to many people; definitely one of the reasons new players keep fighting the registration when they have to, and older players keep coming back.

Just spitting out my opinion right after as I have read the main post of yours, Ame. :)

I love to see tons of members sliding into FH again.
Just today, so far 61 new members hav registered. :)
I like to believe that FH is going up, up, and way way up.

I absolutely love your enthusiasm Ellen. <3 Seeing so many players, new and old, come into FeralHeart warms my heart as well. Among those 61 players, I'm sure are others whom already have an account who are creating an extra account for whatever they wish to use it for. Aside from that fact, I'm sure we have a handful of new players as well, and I can only hope that they keep coming.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Calvary

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 11:52:20 pm »
I'm actually glad someone pointed this out, mainly because I've been analyzing since No Mod October. Feral Heart has surely had it's bumps along the way since that time, but I do like to think we are making progress. Slow, as it might be, but progress nonetheless. Feral Heart is a great game, despite certain bugs and broken pieces, but it's still something that can be saved.

Over time, I'm sure, we can regain members once again, and round up the community back to a former glory. It may not be the same as it used to be, but I think often times change is a good thing.

Thank you for bringing this up Ame, as I'm sure many have been noticing it. <3 It's nice to see old members, and even new members, joining the game. It makes me happy.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 07:30:15 am »
Honestly I'm so happy to see all the old and new members that have been joining. I do think that everyone comes back here every once in a while to check out things and see who is still around.. and honestly just because of the nostalgia of it all.

I'm very hopeful that this game will be booming with activity like it used to be and can't wait to see new things come for the game after being here for a while. ♥
artwork by dehvina

Offline Shyh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 12:49:51 am »
Personally, I came back because I am going through a kinda long-winded transition in my life, and I'll probably be very very bored. I haven't played in about 5 years, and I remember how much fun I used to have. I guess I just wanted to experience that fun again to make this time easier for me. :-)
Art Insta @scribbleshy

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 10:46:05 pm »
I returned last November, after almost 3 years of inactivity. I didn't really have a solid reason; I was just feeling nostalgic, and wanted to see what had changed around here. I hope the trend keeps up; would love to see more activity, and maybe even reunite with some old friends ^^
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline FrostNight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Elon Musk pls return my calls uwu
    • iFrostNight
    • Frost Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 07:30:45 pm »
     I know this is a bit late to reply, but I wanted to add my 2cents that what brought me back wasn't NMO but the source code and update. I've been gone for years and friends have told me now and then when something major happens (like the old maps being removed, and eventually drama and NMO) and that kept me away. I felt like I had outgrown the game. I was looking for other games similar, like Cereal Soup, but I ended up fading on that because I didn't really fit in.

I was really excited when I found out the game was going strong and now being updated again, so I redownloaded it instantly.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 03:34:51 am »
I share a similar sentiment with some people above me, I believe.
I lost interest in the game around 2016, but kept lurking on the forums until 2017-ish before I finally slipped away. I was kind of fed up with the community at the time, with some drama going on; and I honestly just felt the game growing "stale". I remember coming back briefly to lurk and see what would happen with no mod october, but again losing interest due to some personal disagreements.
Couple months later, here I am.
New update caught my attention, and when I came to check it out, I noticed some other friendly faces have returned. My nostalgia caved and I was pulled back into the community all at once. With the source code update, it seems like people are much more hopeful and engaged in the game's future, and not the "staleness" that drove me away. Maybe I'm just older and more open-minded, but in coming back to the community I see a lot more positivity and it just feels like the old days again. <3

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 06:25:43 am »
I came back from 2014 officially because I got a bunch of nostalgia, and I happened to check back in just as the update was released - and then off was the site.

(I've been stalking the site for a few years, though. Let's be real.)

I actually reconnected with someone from 2012, which is INSANE! I've been talking to a bunch of friendly faces and hopefully will see more familiar soon.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 06:34:27 am »
I've been pretty on-and-off the game due to a lot of the drama that had been going on, so I had left a bit after No Mod October, I believe. I recently came back initially because of the source code acquisition, though stayed due to a lot of the happenings, good or bad, in the community. I like seeing the game being a bit more active again.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 03:05:13 am »
FH is not a game or community that's so easily forgotten. Even users who have been involved in the game since the early days like myself always seem to return. There's something about it that draws people back, whether it's the users, or the game itself, or the memories that've been made here over time. I don't think I've ever seen a community quite like FH's, and it always amazes me how we all come together in hard times. FH is like a second home to me, and has been since I was barely a teenager. Now I'm an adult, and still involved in it as much as I was back then. There's nothing quite like FH.