Author Topic: :thinkingemoji:  (Read 1733 times)

BirdieBeep

:thinkingemoji:
« on: July 04, 2019, 02:03:40 am »
SO in my travels back into roleplay,
i forgot how important RP bios are. And I have a question
for everyone, old rper or new,

how do you make your bios?
like do you do just a basic one or like a
complex with latin words and phrases?
why do you like them?

idk, I'm really fascinated

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: :thinkingemoji:
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 03:04:20 am »
i used to do just a basic template containing the relevant info my character would have
i stopped because it was really cookie cutter and didn't make me feel for them at all
it was descriptive but had no depth

so now what i do is just
summarize it in a few sentences
use my creative writing skills as much as the character limit will allow me.

sure i'll still somewhat use a template, but that won't be the main focus. i like to add a lil somethin somethin that'll incorporate spice and maybe get a giggle out of whoever reads it.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 04:21:53 am »
i think templates/forms of any kind is pretty boring and mundane. like jango i usually make a few sentences (possibly more) to describe a character now. i actually encourage people to do this because it doesn't keep you constrained inside a box if that makes sense.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:07:05 am »
Well, it depends on where the bio is for me, really. If I'm using the in-game bio, I try to put only the necessities plus a little snippet of what the character is like so people can get an idea of their personality. I try not to put too much, but enough so that they get an idea of who they are going to be roleplaying with. If the character is apart of a group and has a rank, then I put that in with all the other information as well,

If the bio is placed somewhere like a forum of sorts, then I go all out of what the character is about, what they've been through, family trees, backstory, and all that stuff. Really just to have the character lined out for myself and anyone else who really likes the character and wants to get to know them more. There I also like to put miscellaneous details down on favorite things, food, activities, and even other characters they have met and how they feel about them- be it inside their group or outside. Almost like notes to myself xD but, mainly to document their journey and everything they've been through.

For both, I like to have a combination of my own template and just describing the character. I feel like it keeps things organized and easy to find.

For the big words and stuff, personally, I don't like using those big Latin words and whatnot. To me it just confuses things, but that's just my preference. I usually don't like being flashy about it (unless I'm decorating it, muhaha).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:09:12 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 08:03:05 pm »
I like to make my bios like I'm saying a little story about my character, I know that a template like bio is more organized and easier to understand but I just like to make it a bit more interesting

<3

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 07:11:14 pm »
For the past little while I've been using a pretty basic template that gives the bare bones of my character: name, age, rank/profession, 3 defining personality traits, etc. I'm switching to a blurb and then everything else important in a short list.

I used to love throwing in Latin words and the like, but it got to a point where I didn't even really know what they meant, so I stopped.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 08:36:39 am »
I write big detailed character bios without Latin words, but I recently started to wonder if I'm listing too much in my character bios to the point where there's hardly any mystery about my character for anybody to discover for themselves.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.