Author Topic: wanna talk about this update? (:  (Read 7947 times)

Overclocked

Re: wanna talk about this update? (:
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 03:42:38 pm »
Oh my gosh! OHMYGOSH THEY GOT THE SOURCE CODE! I don't think I've ever been so excited to see an update for FH before. I am elated, and absolutely can't wait to check it out!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 03:44:08 pm »
Sura has a thread coming soon. She's just not currently available for the final touches. Hang tight.

Indeed sorry about the confusion that that caused guys. The thread was already ready to go and was supposed to have been made public before Raz threw the update out there so that you all could have an understanding and explanation for things. But Raz decided to make the update public before notifying us.

But yeah the link to the thread is here for anyone still looking <3

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61760.0

BirdieBeep

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »
Sura has a thread coming soon. She's just not currently available for the final touches. Hang tight.

Indeed sorry about the confusion that that caused guys. The thread was already ready to go and was supposed to have been made public before Raz threw the update out there so that you all could have an understanding and explanation for things. But Raz decided to make the update public before notifying us.

But yeah the link to the thread is here for anyone still looking <3

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61760.0

Dw about it! c: It was all in good fun

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 04:00:55 pm »
Since you can make custom emotes, change colors on your tufts individually, change tail size, something tells me Kovu might have given the source code? Just a theory.
Most likely not KovuLKD. If it was, it would probably have been said.

Offline Greed

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 04:13:14 pm »
Think of this like a Alpha or Beta test. I'm sure feedback of reported bugs and/or any other rising issues will be dealt with in due time.
Problems should be expected no matter how long a project has been worked on; the help of the community might just speed up how quickly and efficiently issues are dealt with. I'm just glad to see any sort of update being pushed out after so long of radio silence with the situation of the source code. ^^
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:14:58 pm by Greed »
discord: ask
instagram: ask
deviantart: ask

just your friendly bear mum.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 04:18:27 pm »
Think of this like a Alpha or Beta test. I'm sure feedback of reported bugs and/or any other rising issues will be dealt with in due time.
Problems should be expected no matter how long a project has been worked on; the help of the community might just speed up how quickly and efficiently issues are dealt with. I'm just glad to see any sort of update being pushed out after so long of radio silence with the situation of the source code. ^^

^^^ This is an excellent comment and I totally agree! Also, a heads up, people are having problems loading into TG so do not stress if you cannot get in at the moment, it might be a server-sided kink.

Offline Greed

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 04:29:41 pm »

^^^ This is an excellent comment and I totally agree! Also, a heads up, people are having problems loading into TG so do not stress if you cannot get in at the moment, it might be a server-sided kink.

I just hate to see so many members jump to conclusions or making accusations; I'm sure the staff are and will be working tirelessly to get the update running smoothly. So far I've seen troubles with logging in and few revolving around the new colour system. Also installing mods seems to make the game crash for some users. c:

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 04:42:26 pm »
Thank you guys so much for the understanding <3 A lot of testing was done and many issues came up that were fixed, but once things were made live it seems even more issues arose some of which were originally thought to be sorted but now aren’t. Given that this is our first patch release of this nature in years there will definitely be some bumps. I know it’s frustrating to deal, especially when you’re really excited and just want to jump into the action. I assure you all though that it’s all still being looked into and sorted out as it comes. In due time it should be more stable.

Offline Greed

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 04:46:52 pm »
Thank you guys so much for the understanding <3 A lot of testing was done and many issues came up that were fixed, but once things were made live it seems even more issues arose some of which were originally thought to be sorted but now aren’t. Given that this is our first patch release of this nature in years there will definitely be some bumps. I know it’s frustrating to deal, especially when you’re really excited and just want to jump into the action. I assure you all though that it’s all still being looked into and sorted out as it comes. In due time it should be more stable.

Don't fret too much! I'm sure with the excitement of seeing a game many love and adore finally getting a much needed update has made everybody on edge. Everybody is just going to have to hold tight and offer help with feedback - you keep doing what you can with what you have. ^^

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 02:56:45 am »
I honestly really love the update! It isn't a lot, but as has already been stated many many times, the fact that we have the source code now is absolutely amazing, and means upcoming updates will have even more awesome features. Adjusting my characters for the new slider was a little bit of a hassle, but I don't mind. There's always going to be people who say "this update ruined fh for me im unstanning >:C" but that's just the nature of the internet.

This has me extremely excited for the future of this game now that it can move forward in a totally different direction than it was before.