Poll

What's the first animal you'd want to see in Feral-Heart?

None, Feral-Heart is fine as it is.
Rabbits/Bunnies
Bovidae
Reptiles
Birds
Rodents
Different Caniforms and/or Feliforms Unlike What Is Already Added
Others (Please Comment)

Author Topic: IF New Animals Were Added, Which One Would Be First?  (Read 6934 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
IF New Animals Were Added, Which One Would Be First?
« on: July 10, 2019, 09:54:52 pm »
So this is more of a question than maybe suggestion, but since so many people, including myself honestly, want some kind of new animal, the question is, which would be first, if any? This is a question of what people want to see first rather than what they think they'll see first.

I wouldn't blame staff if they felt the animals already given are enough, take too much time, or would break the feel, but it also wouldn't shock me by any means if it's been discussed already because of the amount of people who want some kind of new species to play as.

These things would take time to model, animate/rig, and texture, and can't be done in just a day, so which one would be top priority?

Thank you for reading and any input. If staff needs to move this because it might seem off topic, I understand, but I thought this would be hopefully the most fitting. ^v^

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
Re: IF New Animals Were Added, Which One Would Be First?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:46:59 pm »
If bunnies or hares got added i'd make one IMMEDIATELY and become obsessed with it. they're just.. i love them.
though, for the convenience of the entire game, one of the first things to add that would make the most significant change is admittedly hooved animals like bovines and equines. (either way, i'm still strongly rooting for lagomorph friends)

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 10:51:14 pm »
Personally I'd love to see a goat model, but that's a bit more niche compared to canines/felines so I'm a bit doubtful of that haha, unless they added just a general hooved animal model (but it's pretty difficult to accompany a lot of different animals that fall under that category)

A bird model seems pretty reasonable for a new addition, though. It's pretty hard to make a bird using the canine or feline models... the four legs and paws break the immersion a bit.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 10:56:54 pm »
Personally I'd love to see a goat model, but that's a bit more niche compared to canines/felines so I'm a bit doubtful of that haha, unless they added just a general hooved animal model (but it's pretty difficult to accompany a lot of different animals that fall under that category)

A bird model seems pretty reasonable for a new addition, though. It's pretty hard to make a bird using the canine or feline models... the four legs and paws break the immersion a bit.

sorry for immediately +1ing you but i'm gonna have to second you on adding goats. second to my wish for bunnies is my wish for goats (or at least some deer-like model with an option for goat ears) !

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 11:15:35 pm »
Moving this over to the game discussion board since it feels a bit more like a discussion thread c:
Farewell everyone<3

BirdieBeep

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:31:58 pm »
Horses for sure.
I wanna trample my friends c:

Offline LunaLanturn

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:02:04 am »
Personally, I believe birds would be a fun addition. Most games like FH that promised birds never really made it past demos and the such, so my poor lil heart is still holding out for one that finally makes it. I wanna make an owl or a raven and fly around ;v;

One thing that might be cool to add with birds though is the ability to actually land on other players- but with that you'd need to add collision to characters (instead of just walking right through them) so that probably wouldn't happen :') Along with probably changing up the movement system for flying so it feels a bit better as you fly- like, a bird probably couldn't do a total 180 in place :')

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:03:44 am »
Reptiles, because there are all kinds of animals and fantasy creatures that reptiles could disguise as, just like some people use canines to make horse characters, a reptile can vary tons of character species! The reptile model could be used to make a dragon, snake, crocodile, dinosaur, or even just cute small lizards! On top of that, its skin material that makes it unique from the two other species opens a door to a whole other side of creativity for people to possess, because on default its skin are textured as scales, and not pelt :)

On the other hand, I personally just love dragons. That would be the first kind of character that I would create if the reptile model were to be implemented.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:06:29 am by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 12:05:17 am »
My vote is definitely for birds haha I always loved the Fly Like a Bird games and imagine how roleplays would "soar"! You'd get Rio, Guardians Ga'Hoole, and Angry Birds roleplays everywhere!!

*silently chanting* guardians guardians guardians

You are amazing <3

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 12:24:38 am »
To be really honest, I think FeralHeart is totally fine the way it is. It's always been canine and feline based and honestly I think that's how it should stay, but I mean I'm not against new species. Deer would be pretty heckin neato to see.